Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you son of a *fruitcage* i tell you what ill give you my soul in exchange i get one of the car 15's

not.a.chance.in.hell.

my local site owner tried to steal me from it yesterday lol.

when i said i had 2, i think he mumbled somethign about site bans :huh:

I don't remember if I posted my car-15 lately ;)

20060227airsoft0184ht.jpg

I ended up making a new outer barrel for it because the one that was on there was all wobbly and such from the original owner. I eliminated the d-ring spring and thread the whole front section on to secure the handgrips...very solid :)

20060227airsoft0106uz.jpg

20060227airsoft0083bm.jpg

20060227airsoft0036no.jpg

lol kliskey yeah i got that mixed up - he tried to steal my gun, though i dont blame people when they try to steal me, im quite a package :blink:

Led - another closet CAR-15 owner. what metal body is that on yours ? im torn between getting a metal body for mine, or leaving it 100% original.

we need a CAR-15 thread lol.

Edited by screamin_weasel

It's got m16a2 trades and the funny style d-ring area (not threaded...uses the little plastic insert to keep the barrel in)

I'm not really sure the brand, as I got this gun 3rd hand (at least) and it was pretty well abused when I got it. But the imprtant bits were intact (foregrip and stock).

I did a quick search at wgc and den and I can't seem to find a similar front.

but here's pics of mine ;)

20060227airsoft0154ag.jpg

20060227airsoft0146nk.jpg

20060227airsoft0131hu.jpg

edit- Cali, check the top pic...painted black ;) The rest are from before I painted it.

Edited by Ledpocket

hhhmmm thats weird.

cheers dude. like you say, as long as you get the foregrip and stock, you're set. the hider/silencer is pretty important aswell, unless you can make them lol ;)

on a side note - i took my stock apart yesterday, and a small bolt came out. i dunno where it goes, so i put the stock back together without it, and it still works fine lol.

Wease: Remember, it's not a real project unless you end up with extra bits ;)

Souske: Not to get off topic, but can you elaborate on the methods you used painting your M4? I've never been a fan of painted guns, but that looks amazing and I'm tempted to try on my G-36K. It's worth a +1 ;)

cool car-15s guys :D

allways wanted one of them, but offcourse a soon as i decided to get one, they had just stop making them, and people were buying them up for crazy :(

As far as i remember, there is no drop in metal body for them.

as seen on led's one, it is infact the wrong receiver, mostlikely custom fitted.

again, if i'm right, the TM car-15s, have the same design as the VNs and XMs do, in wich the whole front of the gun is attached completely differently then the well known and trusted M4/A2 delta ring.

Even G&Ps VN metal body probably won't fit, co's iirc they were made as M4/M16A2/SR16 conversions.

I saw one once pic of a metal body that was supposedly a drop in fit for the earlier TM armalites, of an unknown Taiwanese company, but other then that i don't have any more info it sadly, youmight wanna ask around with the far east members here though.

anyways...

seeing those pritty cars, gave me a jolt of energy, and just snapped some pics of the newest member in my little armalite family

it might not be a CAR, but it's my take on a little Armaboomstick :P

Now only to get a 9mm conversion kit... :diablo:

sure2_sm.JPG

sure1_sm.JPG

sure4_sm.JPG

Edited by sturgis
To those with CAR-15's, why don't you use this reciever set as it is ideal for the era and early spec i.e. no bolt assist(so it would appear):

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...16VNS_cat_Metal Bodies

uhm....

maybe, co's like i said in the post above yours...

it says " suitable for M16A2/M4A1 and G&P front set"

wich is a different gun, designwise then the M16A1/VN/XM177/CAR15

with regards to my metal bodied CAR-15 - i brought it with the body already on, so i have no idea which body it is, or how it got fitted on.

the gun isn't feeding properly at the moment, the HOP isn't seated properly - and i suspect its something to do with the body, but i'll find out soon.

tbh, i have no idea about the lingo and compatibility of armalites - i hate them, other than the CAR-15 of course. therfore i know nothing about them, and i cant answer much about them lol.