Pictures of your Chest Rigs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Felt bad for bringing people to have a go at Airsoft and having no tac gear to lend then so I whipped up a cheapo chest rig and way too pleased how it turned out. Viper VX buckle up rig - £28 Wynex

Jaeger and Tarzan rigs plus a Czech bag for more frags and whatnot.  

Posted Images

Something quick I scrapped together out of an SDS Woodland Bandolier, Condor double mag pouch, and an EI rifle/pistol mag kydex pouch with a lot of tape and bungee cord. Works fine for now, I also used the center M16/M4 mag pouch (Flipped around for the MOLLE panel, the flaps face the chest instead of outward) to hold an M9. I was bored. ^_^

(Yes I realize my mags are facing the wrong direction, it was 4 AM and I was in a rush)

6901959777_9bd51d5081_b.jpg

Ooh, I've been looking at that. How is it? Does the whole magazine pouch panel come off so you can replace it with a different one? That's what I like most about the real BOAR. Did you add the KyWI's yourself or were they included?

It's pretty great as an alternative to my current favorite (1961G+assault pack), though I don't like the overly plain design of the shoulder straps. Stashing the hydration bladder where the rear plate would normally go freed up the large rear pocket for storage. The KYWIs are real ones I purchased for my 'Satch, the rig came with Velcro loops and bungies like the real one, and the panel is removable/replaceable (I'm working on an SMG insert for it):

SDC10817.JPG

thanks for sharing kojak, was looking for some nice pics of this chest a while ago.. do you have some pics while wearing it?

Not yet, but some were taken during training and I'll post them if I can.

I'm looking into building a new chest rig setup for myself but I have a bit of a dilemma. My plan is to run a TAG Phalanx Type 2 and I want to be able to scale up and carry a pack with it. My ultimate goal is to integrate it with the Tactical Tailor/Grey Ghost removable pack, but they don't look too compatible with each other. Does anyone who owns either of these items have a suggestion as to how I can accomplish this? Or should I just clip the TAG hydro thingy to my chest rig and be happy with that?

Here's my recently bought Tactical Tailor 1 piece MAV chest rig ensemble.

It comprises, from left to right:

1) Blackhawk double pistol pouch

2) Safariland 6004 on a MLS15 fork

3) 4x Tactical Tailor Shingles (one for radio)

4) Maxpedition Medium Roly Poly

5) Tactical Tailor Joey hydration pouch.

Still waiting on two Blackhawk pop flare pouches which I'll use to hold a suppressor and spare Lipo. They'll go far left and between the shingle and Roly Poly.

Tom.

P108021335cut24bit.jpg

Edited by Tommygunn
  • 2 weeks later...

More changes to my chest harness:

DSCN0127.jpg

Left side is the same. Right side now has an HSGI bleeder pouch, First Spear 1911 pouch, and Paraclete banger pouch.

On the topic of the HSGI bleeder, I am not sure if they changed all the models or this is just something special on this particular ATACS run but its a lot better then the bleeder pouch I owned several years back. It has a red strap inside you can pull up to get the contents out in a hurry and the inside of the pouch itself is larger, I can easily fit my AMK .7 first aid kit and two pill "tubes" in it. On the older version I had to really cram a much smaller first aid kit and spend atleast twice as long getting it out.

Close ups of the bleeder pouch and its contents?

I honestly don't know what to call the pill bottles, you usually see them near checkout at places like Walmart.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_583/129779765739E0im.jpg

I like them because its more convenient to carry allergy medicine and acetaminophen in them then those little packets that usually come in small first aid kits.