1911 Picture Thread

Most modern holsters have a gap for sights to fit into don't they?

Not all of them, the plastics do but not the leathers. And i meant a classic US Army leather holster, which like the pouches i would assume is for the 1911A1 only.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Ahem... fixed.

Fireknife if you get the leather holster, soak it in boiling water for a while till the leather's pliable- put a piece of stiff card over the top of your 1911 to guard the sights, wrap in an old cloth, and tape it up to prevent moisture getting to your gun. Then push the wrapped gun into the holster and let the holster dry with the gun inside it.

Should mould the holster to the shape of your gun fine, did it with mine with no problems.

Well it is really only to fill space on my belt, that and the 58 pattern one is not so comfortable and sits too high.

Might not bother, just a thought as to what to add to the loadout. Though spetsnazdave i may use that technique for the 1911 pouches as the damn things still have one side that curls up and doesn't easily take a magazine.

'FireKnife'

Quick question, Ive posted this in another topic in another section, but since this place seems to be a paradise for 1911 owners, I figured Id pose the question here as well unsure.gif:

I have a Army International 1911 MEU, and I am wondering if they accept the BELL 1911 magazines (EG720 EG723 M1911). They are both TM clones, so I figured they might work, but id like to find out for sure from someone who has tried.

sorry for posting it in two areas, I have a one time chance to pick up quite a few of these mags and I need to know by Saturday, im gonna continue searching online here, but in the meantime, if you do know, I would really appreciate it.

Edited by Gatorlangman

Quick question, Ive posted this in another topic in another section, but since this place seems to be a paradise for 1911 owners, I figured Id pose the question here as well unsure.gif:

I have a Army International 1911 MEU, and I am wondering if they accept the BELL 1911 magazines (EG720 EG723 M1911). They are both TM clones, so I figured they might work, but id like to find out for sure from someone who has tried.

sorry for posting it in two areas, I have a one time chance to pick up quite a few of these mags and I need to know by Saturday, im gonna continue searching online here, but in the meantime, if you do know, I would really appreciate it.

In theory yes, they should work fine. In practice though you are talking about two Chinese companies, both of whom make parts down to a price. The tolerances of the two companies are both fairly bad, so you might end up with your gun being "intolerant" one way and the mags the opposite way so they don't work. Although I have to say that is unlikely.

Somehow my BELL mag holds slightly more gas AND is slightly more powerful than my TM mags, I don't know how they managed that, probably witchcraft.

It should work but as ED has pointed out the differences in clones can be vast. I had a Army Detonics which couldn't take the TM mags as they were to fat for it, however the Army mag fit very loosely into my TM Detoincs.

'FireKnife'

Do you swap out all your triggers right away? Or just file em down and re-finish?

Got it on order like that from ESC along with the single side safety for low profile. I prefer some of the 1911A1 parts.

For some reason the trigger guard is smaller and thus the trigger pokes out less but for me this is perfect as it gives me full use of the trigger guard and a snappy trigger response.

I did the same with my other one by putting a Detonics trigger in myself as i have found that the disconnector issue is also the fault sometimes of the longer trigger and the shorter one helps eliviate the issue.

Prime WA Tiki with Anvil - Hogue grips

Nice, not a Tiki fan due to the sight system but otherwise a very cool gun.

'FireKnife'

At some point i will have a VFC1911 light when i have the money. However i really can't wait for TM to release the damn 1911 long mags, mainly as i have ideas for them.

Plus i really can't stand WA pistols at the moment with the stupid price hike. It isn't by a small amount it is almost 250% increase on some of them.

'FireKnife'

God no, wouldn't want anyone building a gun like that now would we? Why the very thought...

Anyway; TM plastic vs. Blackhawk CFRP:

Yes we have all seen the unholy abomination :P

As for the holster / 1911, how tight is the fit? I mean i have used mine in a Fobus and never has even the slightest ding appeared on any of my 1911s, let alone those kind of scrape marks.

'FireKnife'