Car keys

vargojones

I just toss mine in the breast pocket of my BDU and button the thing. If that thing can pop open with various slings/ straps/ vests over it enough for my keys to come out, then hey, I probably did something to deserve it. Wallet, phone, and sunglasses, on the other hand, go in the glove box of the car.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone considered using an aeg as a key ring?

Simply attach your keys to the gun, via, whatever & you will always be able to easily identify where your keys are.

The added benefit, is that you will always have an aeg around when driving the car. So if you need one for any reason,,,,,,,,,viola. :)

Greg.

I use this, no joke.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/zipper-sapi-balli...ate-p-1366.html

actually a good little thing as it fits in something I have with me always (Plate Carrier) and the "shell" (it's like plastic coated cloth) is definitely hard enough to keep my keys and other things from poking me.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't drive yet, but when I'm boating or 4 wheeling and I have to leave it for some reason, I take off that one key and tape it, so it is completely covered, to the inside of my shirt pocket. It completely eliminates any movement, and can usually survive a dunk or to in the water.

What gives, you guys dont have keyless entry?

I used to put them in the little fuel door but now the lanyard and combined keys are too big so i have them dummy corded to a button hole on my trousers and they rest in the pocket.

What gives, you guys dont have keyless entry?

Yeah, of course. No key, just a key fob, a little bigger than a key. :rolleyes:

So, what do you suggest we do with that? Exactly the same as the keys, right. :huh:

Oh boy!

Greg.

I have a string on my keys anyway which I thread through my belt loops when I'm out and about (I am forgetful as *fruitcage*), when I was out in the woods etc I put the string through the loops in my shirt/smock pocket. Same with my lighter, they are really useful but DPM stuff is the only stuff I've found it on, I'm considering modding my other bits to have the same loops cause its really useful for that sort of thing. For bigger things like wallet I like to keep in a zipped pocket like handwarmer/map pocket.

You can actually get little boxes that attach underneath your car that your keys fit in, which close with a combination code. I know a few watersports guys who use them. Some vests have a D ring inside a zipped pocket - that works well if you krab your keys on to them.

This is quite common with soprts people, their called 'KEYSAFES' - their about £35, I'm a locksmith, don't worry their very strong and very secure..

• 3 weeks later...
This is quite common with soprts people, their called 'KEYSAFES' - their about £35, I'm a locksmith, don't worry their very strong and very secure..

That's an interesting idea but I still wouldn't trust anyone with them! I usually ALWAYS leave my keys in a zip-up breast pocket on my DPM jacket, though I think I might get something to tie it to the zipper whilst also keeping it inside.

That's an interesting idea but I still wouldn't trust anyone with them! I usually ALWAYS leave my keys in a zip-up breast pocket on my DPM jacket, though I think I might get something to tie it to the zipper whilst also keeping it inside.

There was one time they endind up inside the pants leg of my Gorka suit - I forgot the slits were for BDUs under it or hand warming...... :rolleyes:

That's a great idea.

You could take one along, put your keys in it & then hide it in the boot, or screw it to a nearby wall/tree/fence.

I'd suggest keeping it in your pocket or a pouch on your webbing is an idea (if you are worried about it getting stolen, but they are a bit bulky & quite heavy.

Greg.

Erm a good number of cars have number pads on the drivers door that open with the right number combination.....

When you say 'a good number',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, exactly how many.

& if you have one of the 'bad number' of cars that don't?????????????? :D

Greg.

Archived