Car keys

vargojones

So what do you do with yours when you go for a days skirmishing?

I have to admit that i have a terrible paranoia (sp?) about losing my car keys at the best of times let alone just putting them in a pocket when crashing through dense undergrowth!! My current idea is to maybe safety pin them to the inside of a pocket, but then i might end up stabbing myself with the pin whilst playing!!

So what tips etc do you have for making sure you aren't left at the end of the day hunting around for a misplaced yet essential car key?

Andy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I leave all my valuables (phone, wallet etc) in my bag, which is then locked in the boot of my friends car.

Obviously, seeing as this is your car keys, that isn't a solution... I know a guy who tapes his car keys into the front hand grip of his M4 next to his battery...

Or, just see if you have a zip pocket in one of the pouches of your rig/webbing or BDUs and plonk them in there...

Put my house keys in my radio pouch and hope for the best!

Sound like an idea. What if you had one of those fake radio box like this . This would be more ideal as if you have those car key with plastic casing with a microchip you don't have to worry about it getting blasted by BBs.

Dummy corded into a zipped pouch on my gear. Taping them to the rifle handguard sounds like an easy way to loose them!

Edit: In the hand guard not on! That sounds vaguely more sensible if a bit harder to get too quickly!

I just got a pouch with a zipper in it that I keep on my plate carrier. I put my keys in the zippered part and I haven't had to worry about them since. As for my wallet and cellphone, I lock them in the glove compartment and get them out after the end of the day.

Here's the pouch...

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?pro...id=doeqjvdatlhu

It was priceless to see the face of the towtruck driver who came to recue my friend's car (camo, replica weapons, remote parking place in the woods...

I keep all my "essentials" corded and zipped, always in some pocket/pouch that I will never access to in the field. Just make sure you won't stab yourself with your keys or go urban prone on your cellphone!

Archived