Magpul PTS Folding Pistol Gun (FPG)

uscmCorps

To be particular it doesn't look like the real FPG uses the 18C as i don't see vents on the top to match the compensator slots on the top of the barrel :-P

I'm looking forward to picking up a used KWA 18c and lightening the heck out of the slide for winter use :-)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be particular it doesn't look like the real FPG uses the 18C as i don't see vents on the top to match the compensator slots on the top of the barrel :-P

I was wondering about that too.

I guess the real one has a longer barrel which isn't compensated so the outer shell doesn't need vents either.

Since when do motorcycle cops anywhere get issued with SMGs?

I mean, motorcycle cops could use the FMG9? Are we living in a Mad Max movie? :rolleyes:

Over here they're usually with sidearms only on a Yamaha/Honda 750, but occasionally sport an M16A1 (that's how poor they get over here) in all it's ungainly length which is kinda hard to pull off as it could snag on pretty much anything. SWAT teams usually use Honda XR200's, two cops per dirt bike both armed with 16's. This becomes a more practical choice of deployment as it beats heavy traffic. Not that it's a sign of increasing lawlessness, it's just a faster way to deliver as much firepower if and when needed.

A little off topic here, but the imminent release of the FPG got me thinking about what is probably my #1 most wanted gun (in both airsoft and real steel) and I'm wondering if Magpul is ever going to release a production version.

The Magpul PDR

I'm really hoping they'll have some more info on it at SHOT in January, and if it does eventually come to market they darn well should make a PTS version of it. It's like a P90 that takes STANAG mags and gives you your choice of optics and BUIS! What more could I want? :D

The PDR is an SBR, which might be a bit of a hassle for you Jin. and calling the F2000 non compact is sort of unfair, the gun is still small, it just isn't a PDW.

I agree though, a PDR airsoft gun would be really neat, though the gearbox might be a pain to figure out.

I'm looking forward to picking up a used KWA 18c and lightening the heck out of the slide for winter use :-)

I should imagine that the relative rarity that is a RS Glock 18 means they haven't really finished the design yet. It's going to be a special units only sort of thing anyway, not many people are allowed to carry anything as dangerous as an 18. Except, apparently, Italian airport police. Madness!

That's an M4 that takes P90 mags, I want a P90 that takes M4 mags :P

Isn't that a convertion kit out there for the airsoft P90 to take ar15 mag? :P

KSP-P90mag-03.gif

Alright, I know that's a aesthetically challenged conversion kit. However, Magpul heard your wish.

Magpul PDR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magpul_PDR

300px-Magpul_personal_defense_rifle_line_art.jpg

Isn't that a convertion kit out there for the airsoft P90 to take ar15 mag? :P

KSP-P90mag-03.gif

Alright, I know that's a aesthetically challenged conversion kit. However, Magpul heard your wish.

Magpul PDR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magpul_PDR

300px-Magpul_personal_defense_rifle_line_art.jpg

When it comes to PDR info this is what your lookin for homies,,,

http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/PDRtech_PR.pdf

I'll believe that the PDR is coming when they have something other than cracked and super-glued mock-ups.

If i remember right, in the Vid of Shot 08 by Milspecmonkey, that PDR wasn't cracked and super-glued. Anyways that would be awesome if they made a PDR.........* dreams of GBB PDR right know*.

Anyways ill still be able to wait for that, and would give me time to enjoy the ACR, and FPG, if i get it.

Is there any clue as to when the FPG9 will be released? Around ShotShow? or after the show in Germany? Or later in the year?

Rumour from Hong Kong say that the conversion kit will be release before shot show while the complete GBB will be relaese after shotshow

@Steathbomber

I still can't believe you guys live in a country where cops who issue speeding tickets need automatic weapons. :(

I'm glad our cops get better firepower to protect us with. I'm sure most Americans here agree with me. I hope they do in IL, Seeing we have no CCW law... :rolleyes:

Anyways, to get on topic, am I the only one who hates the name of this? Its like bad engrish. Folding Pistol Gun? Seriously?

If I got the gun id flip it open all the time just for fun. Reason enough to buy it. Plenty of things we do for airsoft are not practical at all. Its all for fun people!

Also most cops who issue speeding tickets don't have machine guns, just semi auto rifles in the trunk of the car. Its a different approach then the UK's LE where there are unarmed officers and then people walking around kitted for like a hostage situation (G36 or Mp5 and big high level vest etc) that back em up, but both have pretty much the same results.

Archived