Spartan Imports Showcasing Magpul PTS ACR & FPG

uscmCorps

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be the messenger ;) USCM is safe though, he repoorted on good faith, maybe in future do reports in the third person, remove yourself from the equation, alot of what we expected is based on the initial information given and if it's way off people are going to shoot the messenger, hopefully they'll aim their angst at the manufacturer though,

It really isn't that impressive, but we should wait until the finished article is on the table, I'm not buying until the impatient ones report back on the first gen releases, and from what I see I think my money may be aswell spent on another A&K, fix the internals on it and save a bit of money, what I see there doesn't warrant a possible $250 dollar price hike over the A&K, no wonder they gave them a license if the designs are so close as only th diehards will fork out VFC money on a rifle which is looking to be on par with it chinese offering (*fruitcage* the internals ;) )

For those who didnt see, USCM got a reply back from PTS, they said:

The gear box is base on version 3 and we enhanced the size to fit PTS ACR exclusively. The cylinder, gears and internal parts are interchangeable with Tokyo Marui and Systema upgrade parts.

He posted it on Page 2 by the way.

The V2 might not be a failure, like said. It's just that the V3 was the biggest selling point at least for me. Every gun degrades anyway externally and even though I don't doubt the PTS ACR will be externally perfect, it's replacing the gearbox shell at high fps and cold weather that stops me from buying one for now. Especially if the shell is proprietary.

No bashing, just constructive talk based on the legitimate pictures illustrating the gearbox.

For those who didnt see, USCM got a reply back from PTS, they said:

[/i]

He posted it on Page 2 by the way.

That doesn't change the fact that the gearbox in the pictures is clearly a V2 when it comes to the critical areas. It doesn't help much for cracking if the gun has a motor cage or the abysmal trigger unit of a V3.

The v2 in its self might not be a huge problem, but its not what we were told would be in the gun, wich raises questions about the veracity of the rest of PTS's claims.

Oh right gotcha... if it helps Im rocking a VFC EGLM on my MOE and thats fine :)

Do you run Pmags or usgi style? I imagine the ridges on the pmags could cause problems. Also the rail on the railed set looks about 1cm higher up than the moe rail on the plastic hand guard.

It's upsetting that what we saw is not the "most up to date" and has a V2 instead of the V3; but a failure? That's a bit extreme.

We got a saying in the U.S. "don't shoot the messenger".

A failure in the sense that they appear at least to offer us nothing significant over the A&K model. compounded by the hype they created with their claims released through USMCcorps.,

its hard to say until it actually comes out and someone who has both compares them, someone who has shunned the A&K and has only bought the MagPul is almost certainly never going to admit that there's not much difference, there's no doubt that the magpul will be a quality product, I hate Magpul stuff and I cannot say anything but quality products come from them, but price will be the issue, is it worth double the A&K, I'll wait 'til someone can accurately review the two side by side.

Cazboab: I use the scar H adapter on my VFC EGLM, fits over the magwell pretty snugly. I use standard M4 stanag mags but have tried a green label pmag and there should be enough room for a pts pmag easily I imagine... The scar H magwell adapter is imperceptibly bigger when I have it fitted and its actually easier to reload quickly imho as it acts as a massive mag guide :)

Hope that helps... if you want to try it my EGLMs in the FS section unless I stop being poor for long enough to get some nades for it ;)

We will never see a V3 gb in the masada/acr m4 style lower.........it will not fit.

(I've never held an ACR so I'm not sure but) isn't an ACR's dimensions, even in the M4 configuration, different from an M-type? I mean it just takes it's mags, not the whole internal workings of an M4 (speaking of realsteel at this point). And look at the G36, both the realsteel and airsoft have simple mods to take M4 mags but on the airsoft it uses a v3 gearbox. So assuming the same for the ACR, why couldn't it take a V3? (unless I'm missing something).

The V3 mechbox is thicker than the V2.

The TM G36 (or even SL8 conversion) is a lot thicker than a real SL8. I would say more so than an airsoft M4 is thicker than a real one. Then there is also the issue of grip angle which is not easily altered (although very possible to do at the manufacturer level).

Mag position doesn't really have anything to do with it because all of that can be handled with routing tubes and nozzles.

Keep in mind that Magpul PTS is probably a smaller company than Magpul. And even Magpul doesn't have the human resources to undertake such a project completely in house, which is what you need in order to create a mechbox that will fit within the dimensions of a unique gun.

The V3 mechbox is thicker than the V2.

The TM G36 (or even SL8 conversion) is a lot thicker than a real SL8. I would say more so than an airsoft M4 is thicker than a real one. Then there is also the issue of grip angle which is not easily altered (although very possible to do at the manufacturer level).

TM managed to put a motorcage-less V3 gearbox into the MP5k where MP5s traditionally have V2 gearboxes, those do have an unusually long trigger and selector system but they managed to do it so it might possible it could be done with the ACR.

Keep in mind that Magpul PTS is probably a smaller company than Magpul. And even Magpul doesn't have the human resources to undertake such a project completely in house, which is what you need in order to create a mechbox that will fit within the dimensions of a unique gun.

Which is why I figured they would just drop a V3 in there and make the gun to fit. I mean does anyone expect this to be true 1:1?

Their damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they alter dimensions to make a V3 fit then everyone complains that it's not as close to 1:1 as it would be if they weren't married to the V3.

If they go with what fits best then everyone complains that it's not a V3.

I don't have much experience with the MP5K, but I do have experience in fitting a V3 mechbox into places where it doesn't belong, requiring a lot of work to compensate for grip angle and bore height (King Arms and CA FN FAL both used the same initial R&D info and compensated differently). It's possible, even with basic tools but it ends up taking a lot of time and modifications. Too much modification and they'll need to up the price, then everyone complains about the price.

This is just assuming the issues they ran into of course.

There is a very fine line when manufacturing for airsofters... in fact, often times there isn't a line and you just take hits from all sides.

Why not wait a couple days for SHOT Show info, we'll find out what's going on (hopefully).

It not just the thickness of the GB thats the problem.....its the hole designe of the gb thats different.

its a very big different between a g36/mp5 lower and a m4/acr style lower.

its a lot of thing that cant be put in place if you would use a gb v3 in a acr lower...as for an exampel, m4/acr style magcatch.........the list is long.

Pics says more than words:

m4lowerandgbv3webb1.jpg

m4lowerandgbv3webb2.jpg

Archived