Spartan Imports Showcasing Magpul PTS ACR & FPG

uscmCorps

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, but if it is actual machined aluminium then why not show it off? And if it is milled from a high grade alu as was previously suggested in another thread then why even paint it rather than anodizing/hard anodizing it?

Release around march?! Is no one else ###### about this? I've been waiting and waiting and now they postpone another month or more?

I'm not. January announcement and a March release sounds perfectly normal to me.

I think Magpul PTS should adopt Magpul Inc.'s policy about news and development. It's released when it is released. No news or hint about it until it is released. Helps avoiding this blah blah postpone again blah blah what a load of blah blah.

MagpulacrossmadebyptsdivisionnotAK.jpg

from the show floor @ Spartan Imports booth

STANAG config w/ fixed stock, polymer grip, 14.5" barrel

AK config w/ folding stock, railed grip, 10.5" barrel

both have rear MBUS on, not sure if that's included

also, unrelated, but those of you who had faith in G&G's F2000 will be very satisfied

Thank you very much for the pictures. Wow, I really like the look of the AK chambered ACR (I didn't think I would). So are those the "sale" configurations? Because I think I'd rather get the retractable stock as well. Or is the AK model just su-upped up?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much for the pictures. Wow, I really like the look of the AK chambered ACR (I didn't think I would). So are those the "sale" configurations? Because I think I'd rather get the retractable stock as well. Or is the AK model just su-upped up?

Thanks in advance.

AK lower, 2 short barrels, and the adjustable stock are all options.

one question, where is Bolt Release on AK Lower (inside trigger guard ?)

Yes it is.

The Magpul-PTS ACR is a replica of early generation Bushmaster ACR's which kept the front integrated sight. Circa 2008.

The Current Remington ACR's are different then these and were redesinged after the Magpul-PTS ACR.

Will confirm at Shotshow if the Bushmaster and Remington ACR's will be configured for different markets and come with different loadouts.

Apologies for the over use of watermarks. There seems to be a bad habit of bloggers and some youtubers to not give credit to who's orignally posting info.

I thought I would be a lot more impressed than I am to be honest. :(

Firstly, what happened to the 'latest version of the ACR'. All I see is the new gas block and foreward charging handle. It still has the intergarated front sight and black edge around the entire ejection port. This suggests that the gun is based on the Bushmaster ACR. After Remington came into the picture several more obvious changes were made.

I'll still be keeping my eye on the ACR, but as of right now it looks like my money will be better spent elsewhere.

-OGGY

The Bushmaster and Remington ACR are basically the same with very minor differneces. The PTS version as posted in the pics looks to be based off the 2008 Shot Show ACR early on when Bushmaster first purchased the rights to the Masada (ACR) from Magpul. They kept the inergrated front sight added the forward assist along with the forward G3 style charging handle and the new gas system. The final production Bushmaster and Remington are mirror images of each other with a different roll mark and a few differences I'llpoint out. After all, Bushmaster and Remigton are owned by the same company!

The current production version of the ACR removed the intergrated sight and the big forward assist tab on the charging handle. They also changed the brass deflector.

The Remington Version and Bushmaster version are the same except:

The Bushmaster is Semi-Auto for Civi and State/Local LEO sales as patrol rifles. Remingon is the full auto Military version for Military / LE Agency Purchase ONLY.

The Bushmaster has a 1/9 barrel twist. The Remington has the Mil standard 1/7 (for use with heavier ammo)

The Bushmaster is reported to be 8.2lbs. So over 1lb heavier then the Remingon that is supposed to weigh in at 7lbs.

The Remington Military version has a new modular rail fore-end and no longer has that ugly MOE looking plastic.

So... The PTS version as pictured is WRONG and is not currently accurate to the RS production model. I would know... I've actually held the real deal. Was even going to buy one in May but don't feel like spending $3000 on a rifle I can't even use at work.

If you are going for realism buy a SCAR... Atleast it really is in Military Service and the AS versions are fairly accurate to the RS.

Archived