Sucker Punch Film. Girls, guns, swords, dragons, robots, nazi zombies and mechs?

hitmanNo2

Been following as the details have emerged from Comic Con about this and the trailer has been released. I've watched it three times now heh. It looks pretty insane. Its directed by Zack Snyder (300 and Watchmen)

Trailer

Set in the 1950s, Sucker Punch follows Babydoll (Emily Browning) who is confined to a mental institution by her stepfather, who intends to have her lobotomized in five days. While there, she imagines an alternative reality to hide her from the pain, and in that world, she begins planning her escape, needing to steal five objects to help get her out before she is deflowered by a vile man

ZZ275A92D4.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its like Demon's Souls mixed with Shutter Island mixed with Sky Captain mixed with Underworld. Theres two ways this could go down. It could be really, really awesome, or it could end up like a Sin City type movie. As soon as the trailer finished I was thinking, "Please dont *fruitcage* it up. Please dont *fruitcage* it up. Please dont *fruitcage* it up." Call me old, but Ive had enough of movies filled with violence and sex for the sake of having violence and sex. Like The Watchmen, really awesome story and a damned good movie, but several times I sat there wondering when the current sex scene would end.

Its like Demon's Souls mixed with Shutter Island mixed with Sky Captain mixed with Underworld. Theres two ways this could go down. It could be really, really awesome, or it could end up like a Sin City type movie. As soon as the trailer finished I was thinking, "Please dont *fruitcage* it up. Please dont *fruitcage* it up. Please dont *fruitcage* it up." Call me old, but Ive had enough of movies filled with violence and sex for the sake of having violence and sex. Like The Watchmen, really awesome story and a damned good movie, but several times I sat there wondering when the current sex scene would end.

You realise of course that Watchmen was until the last ten minutes a slavishly faithfull adaptation of a comic right?

You realise of course that Watchmen was until the last ten minutes a slavishly faithfull adaptation of a comic right?

Lol yes, having just written several papers comparing them. Its not just the plot differences, the film presented the characters differently. The movie was much more fixated upon the violence and made the every day heros from the novel seem like superheros.

Well you didn't need to watch it four times :P But yeah, it did go on for a bit.

Try watching the full extended version with the Black Freighter plot. But it was pretty awesome. Though I kept thinking the same thing about Rorschach: he's redheaded, violent, angry, and feels morally superior to others. So he's just an Irish Catholic with a mask on?

Try watching the full extended version with the Black Freighter plot. But it was pretty awesome. Though I kept thinking the same thing about Rorschach: he's redheaded, violent, angry, and feels morally superior to others. So he's just an Irish Catholic with a mask on?

He is also short... nuff said.

Archived