Flecktarn Pictures

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altered_Soul> Does the modular vest work well? Is it stiff enough to support the weight you put into it?

Works fine for me, I have held a lot on it and haven't seen any stitching come lose or begin to fray. It need some working in to fit better right out of the box, like most things. Its a decent piece of gear, whether its clone or not (I am pretty damn sure its a clone), and looks good to boot. The original mag pouches are tough to work with though. The triple mag pouch is VERY tight, even with two M4 mags in there. The double mag pouch is more pliable though for some reason, I have no idea why. I had replaced the triple with the open-top panels as seen.

The one weird problem I have is the velcro side attachments. Its really stiff around the edges, and can really cut you up if lean on it weird until it breaks in. I have no idea if this is normal for CIRAS-type vests, but it took some serious breaking in for that part to be comfortable and not feel like it was digging into my spleen.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info!

The magazine pouches coming with the vest, do each compartment take one or two Colt magazines? (5 or 10 in total?)

They are each supposed to to take two AR mags. The double-double fits them great, but the triple-double needs to be broken in, a LOT, for the mags to be pulled easily.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok guys, due to my teams adoption of Flecktarn, I have decided to do a modern German infantry loadout. How does this list of gear sound for an accurate loadout?

-Replica PASGT w/ Flecktarn cover

-Mehler Vest (Its either this or really try to save up for an idZ vest but i don't think thats worth the money for a non-plate carrier)

-Flecktarn Blouse and Trousers

-Nomex Flight Gloves (Any other suggestions here are welcomed)

-Random black boots

-Black Balaclava

-Bolle T800 Goggles

-STAR G36

Possiblity for purchase

-Web belt w/ Suspenders (Can I wear this and the Mehler Vest together?)

-Assorted web pouches

If theres anything else I sohuld add to the list, feel free to say so. Also, what would be a good option for hydration? Thanks in advance.

Edited by AdmittingSword

You won't need a belt with suspenders because the Mehler Vest has some kind of integrated attachment which takes the old style web pouches.

Edit: I'd say your choice of gloves is pretty good. Nomex flight gloves get pretty near to german Kampfhandschuhe but as you're located in the USA i think it isn't that easy to get hold of a pair of those.

Edited by Ketix
You won't need a belt with suspenders because the Mehler Vest has some kind of integrated attachment which takes the old style web pouches.

<snip>

To correct your post, some models of the Mehler vests have the LKS attachment points, not all, it depends what version they are using.

Heres me with the first half of my order:

KSK trousers

Flecktarn blouse

5 peice webbing set

folding shovel

mandatory shemagh

Coming in the mail (and hopefully arriving soon):

3x dual mag pouches

BW combat gloves

Fleck boonie

canteen

next order:

2x more dual mag pouches

poncho/parka of some sort

triple grenade pouch

radio pouch

ag36!!

Anyway heres a shoddy pic of it so far, ignore the dead fish skin tone, it's a product of being a muppet at photoshop. EDIT:going outside to get a better picture now, this one is really bad.

small.jpg

Edited by Plankton

From todays "game", only 5 people turned up due to weather, so it became more of a lunch+photo session

The snow was too deep to move in without skis, so we stuck close to the road:

kitbildesn1.jpg

kitbildesn2.jpg

Higher res, This pic came out blurred, probably because the camera knew I'm a ninja. Or there was snow on the lense.

Kitlist:

Clothing:

KSK-pants

Miltec Under-armour shirt, flecktarn

Goretex pants

Goretex jacket

BW snowsuit

BW gloves, old type, gray leather

BW M2000 boots (or I might have use Norwegian M77's today, I don't recall)

Vest etc:

Gefechtshelme with white/flecktarn cover

BW Splitterschutzwesten (flak vest) - stand in for IdZ Sk4 Schutzweste, which is unavailable and probably expensive

IsZ Kampfmitteltrageweste with:

*4x G36 2x mag pouches

*1 LMG pouch (good for multi-use, or for storing extra mags)

*1 canteenpouch, used with 3000 KSC .30g BB's and a speedloader

*1 small radio pouch with 1 small 446-radio

*1 Sem 52 pouch, with a Marconi Bowman radio connected to the 446

*1 Hydration backpack, attached to the back of the vest with straps

*1 dropleg-dump pouch

*1 2.5l hydration bladder in internal vest back pocket

* + leatherman, cigs, lighter and some old ###### in the inner pockets

Boomstick:

G36V with EOTech, mp7 BUIS, bipod, improvised snow-camo and adjustable V-stock.