Biggest 'I've forgotten the most important bit of kit' fail

magaz

Following from the "best equipment breakages in the field" thread here's the...

"Biggest 'I've forgotten the most important bit of kit' fail"

You know the times I'm talking about... When you get to a game and you've got one boot... or you took the lens out of your mask to clean it the night before and all you have is an empty frame? Let's hear your fails :)

I'll start with myself and a team mate...

We had 8 of our team going to SWAT urban, travelling in two cars, my tiny Seicento and Twisters massive Ford, to fit everything and everyone in comfortably we were swapping people and bags around between the two cars outside Standin's house. Bags were out on the drive, team mates were getting anxious to get there soon... so we did it in a rush and set off... We pull up at the site, Standin was in Twisters car, after we unpack my boot and lock up the car, Standin comes over to me.

With an anxious look on his face he begins to speak,

"Hey man, is my rifle bag in your boot?"

I look at the other guys from my car and turn back to Standin...

"No man..."

what follows is un repeatable on this forum...

Needless to say, there were many "Standin... What's your M4 chrono at today? Oh wait... it's at home on your settee aint it!" or "Standin, I've got a few spare M4 mags if you need them..." jokes... He still gets them to this day :)

The last game at SWAT urban (before the site closed :() the CBMPC! were all writing our names on the wall in the safezone where we always sat. Standin wrote in massive bubble letters...

"S T A N I N"

I looked at him and laughed, then Dez clocked on and said "Dude... did you ACTUALLY spell your own name wrong?"

35279_414118097107_501422107_5192864_6312666_n.jpg

It's not always Stanin who fails... The two of us were going to play one of SWAT's private "Fight club" evening games. Pistols and flash lights only. We got to the site, and started kitting up. Stanin had his pistol mags in his hands waiting patiently.

"Magaz, did you bring the propane?"

"Standin, Standin, Standin... Were playing a pistol game... using gas pistols... what's the one thing I wouldn't ever forget..."

(opens boot of car to find NO propane - I slam the boot shut and hold my head in my hands)

"Whats up man?" Asks Standin, obviously fully understanding what's going on, dying to take the ######...

"I've left the gas on the kitchen table"

As you can imagine... I always get "Hey Magaz... You got the propane?" gags :)

Anybody had anything worse than that? :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in June, a buddy and I went down to a local airsoft field. After the game was I over, I drove him home. We were quite tired when unpacking his stuff, and he accidentally took one of his boots, and one of mine.

Next weekend, I went airsofting with another friend, but was unpleasantly surprised to find that the boot I picked up wasn't mine. Unfortunately, I though both of the boots belonged to my friend, as I only took a look at one. So, I played in my tennis shoes and later went to his house so we could swap boots.

A couple weekends later, I went airsofting yet again. Sadly, I still found that one of the boots wasn't mine. I realized that I still had one of my friend's boots, and had a laugh about it.

I now keep a vigilant eye over my boots and other gear. biggrin.gif

I have a big list of stuff I've forgotten:

Forgot boots - check

Forgot webbing - check

Forgot all magazines - check

Forgot main gun - check

Forgot bolt for my VSR (but brought the stock, mags, scope etc) - check

Forgot pistol mags - check

I made a checklist now, and check my boot before I drive off

Went to a skirmish a while ago with my fully tuned P90 (just finished several hours of labour) was so excited to use and test out my new mid-caps went to load them and supprise supprise I forgot my speed loader, managed to borrow one and load up.

Finally got into the first game pulled the trigger and had forgotten all the batteries!!!! Not a happy day especially since that was my only AEG.

Ended up doing the whole skirmish using my MP9 with 70 rounds (1 long 1 short mag) 5.7 Side Arm with 2 mags and managed to secure my desert eagle to me which also failed miserably.

Bad day all round, but did get a fair few kills with the MP9 though!!

Not quite airsoft, but an epic fail nonetheless:

Left a CLANSMAN PRC-351 manpack radio in a harbour area when on exercise.

No one has ever let me forget it.

Were you not suspicious when you found yourself able to walk? :P

My biggest forgetting fail... probably leaving all my mags in the safezone once.

^ It was because I thought we were switching the radio operators around for that patrol. I was lead scout at the front of the arrowhead, patrolling along nicely - turned around every now and then to check everything was all good - and could only see one antenna amongst the section (two radios per section; one per fireteam). I then thought, "Oh, bugger."

Needless to say I never made that mistake again!

Funny this, last skirmish I actually left 2 of 3 P90 hi caps at home rather than in the field with the P90! I've also forgotten to gas magazines up before a game which means I get that lovely "click" and a burst of plastic in my chest. <_<

There was also the time I forgot to put some fresh batteries (well actually any batteries at all!) in my radio meaning I failed the comms check fairly quickly. :(

Was in a conversation with someone at brit tac CQB whilst waiting for game on, about my forgetting the magazines for my holstered pistols a few weeks back (you know, the ones that you take out of the gun to go into the safezone and put back in on the way out) and it getting me killed. Anyway, cut to a minute later and I'm in a firefight holding a series of rooms, and my shotgun runs dry. I draw my pistol and click, I'd forgotten to put the mag back in on the way out. Hadn't occurred to me, even whilst talking about the last time I did it :lol:

Still had the "spare" mags on my belt so wasn't such an issue, but I missed a couple of easy kills 'cos of it :(

Don't think I've forgotten to take anything major to a game, though. Speedloader & spare batteries once or twice is all.

Turned up to a field with a good mate (Jansen, Who was a little bit of a newbie) Lunchtime rolled around and, being mid summer and the field being more than just a mild hike, everybody decided to take a break for lunch and the usual Yarn.

About ten or so minutes into it i look up and go "Er, Has anybody seen Jansen?"

Quick calling around the thirty or so people there..

Took us an hour and a half to find him and even then it was entirely by fluke. Thank god for open spaces, hi-vis vests and 4-wheel-drive vehicles. (The area we lost him in could have easily led him to being anywhere within a hundred kilometers of the Basecamp if he was very unlucky)

haha definatley :) I did something similar at the old Dragon Valley Boys Village site. I snuck around the back of one of the buildings, all on my own split on the opposite side of the enemy to my team, I figured i was in a good position to cause some annoyance to the opfor. So I spent about fifteen minutes sneaking into buildings and clearing them, not running into anyone. I saw a few people running around in the distance, well out of range. I figured I'd head towards them. I got to the building with the pool in it, snook in, crept around the edge of the pool and into the Gym, I'd been on my own for I'm guessing about half an hour by now... The Gym was clear so I was going to leave by the changing room doors. Just as I got there, one of my team mates stepped in, I nearly opened up on him. He didn't have his AEG with him so I was a little confused. He went onto explain that the game was over and I'd been missing dinner for the past half an hour... :) I thought i was doing really well sneaking about like Solid Snake haha

Ah, another one that occurs to me, at urban assault:

I was in a large firefight and my M4 ran dry, so I put it down and drew my MEU. Stayed alive for a couple of minutes holding off the enemy until I ran out of ammo in the MEU and got tagged trying to fall back. I walk off to regen and reload and gas my pistol mags, walk back to the fight and lo an behold, I've left my M4 behind and the enemy team has advanced beyond it. I'm left with just the MEU until the end of that game, although if I'm honest I did a lot better with just the handgun, and it was a lot more fun to boot.

I think this is what really started my love of gas weapons :D

I decided to leave my car keys behind as my mate was driving. I got to the site then realised that the key to the padlocks holding my bag shut were on my keys, back at my mates house. Had to use a guys leatherman to cut the loops off all the zips so my bag is no longer lockable.

Ive left my AEG at home before. Thank goodness for team members with extra guns, mags, batteries, bb's, gear....

The only way to do it perfectly is to pack the night before, be CDO about it, and drive up with someone else so you can double check each other's stuff before departure.

It's always batteries for me!

I take 4x 7.4v LiPo's for me and the missus to every game day or that's the plan atleast. I've gotten to the site and realized I left them all neatly stacked next to the charger about 3 times now :(

Never forget to charge them though, it's just the packing them in the bag bit that eludes me :P

Archived