working 1-4x spectre dr

midnight_sailor

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

honestly I was really looking forward to this.. but im actually quite disappointed after seeing that video.. they took away the part I liked most (besides the 1-4x switch).. the larger field of view!

I have to say, the function looks surprisingly good but I'm bummed about the small lens too. It's going to increase one of the problems the RS unit has--the large battery holder intrudes on a right-eye-dominant shooter's FOV. Plus that lens spacer screams clone.

I was browsing around RSOV and noticed http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=12293. Seems to be the same 4x fixed zoom that Ebairsoft has available in black on their site.

Yes, the 4x model is available from several sites now. I was on the fence but for now I'm just going to put a Docter on that one; and I guess I'll be the first to find out if the RS mount fits on the clone.

It's not supposed to have holes to fit a Docter (at least not the version replicated here); it has holes to fit a secondary optic mount: http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/ATI-OSA-MRD-X.html

I think I'm out of luck for now since ordered the (fake) model with an on/off switch built into a rail mount. It doesn't look like it's meant to be removed from its base.

ARFCOM is a weird choice, not only is it nothing to do with airsoft but like 98% of the posters there are too fat to play even the most relaxed game of airsoft, unless of course they could find some defensive position situated behind a bench...

Price tag: 400$

This info comes from Frontiers!

Hope it is cheaper....:(

Say whaaa'? :wide-eyed:

In that case all of us will go for 4x model which is basically same, even better with the lens bigger then 1-4x. Put an Docter on it and good to go for CQB too.

Edit: Even if it was brand it by G&P more then 290$ I don't think they would sell it. But it's G&P where you pay the brand, not a clone company like Element. Anyways.

I have to say, the function looks surprisingly good but I'm bummed about the small lens too. It's going to increase one of the problems the RS unit has--the large battery holder intrudes on a right-eye-dominant shooter's FOV. Plus that lens spacer screams clone.

Yes, the 4x model is available from several sites now. I was on the fence but for now I'm just going to put a Docter on that one; and I guess I'll be the first to find out if the RS mount fits on the clone.

smile.gif

IMG_0565.jpg

They (Element) messed up this latest SpecterDR in my opinion by leaving out the mount holes as well as shrinking the FOV on the rear lens. The clones already out have a bad enough FOV as it is. I couldn't imagine one with 25% or so less than what's currently out there.

At least they were able to replicate the 6 screws in their holes feature though...LOL.

my 4x model isnt too bad with weight. Does anyone know of any doctor sight/mount that will work with the clone specter DR 4x model? It has the mounting holes but I dont know which doctor replica is decent and what mounts work with it to fit on the Specter.

i looked around a little while ago. the only doctor sight mounts for airsoft are ACOG versions and a few versions for different types of pistols, non of which will fit the elcan.

You may be able to slightly modify a pistol mount to fit it.

Either way, it goes 1-4x, so *I* would not really need an additional sight, being that there are also irons. (Emphasis on *I*)

Archived