AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Well I busted out the good ol camera today and took a few snaps of my WE M4;

we_m4_03_ss.jpg

we_m4_08_ss.jpg

we_m4_06_ss.jpg

we_m4_01_ss.jpg

we_m4_02_ss.jpg

we_m4_04_ss.jpg

Full gallery here; https://picasaweb.google.com/117328876138007382074/NonExWEColtM4CQBRCO2MAGPULCustomGBBR2011#

Parts list as follows;

WE/AFC COLT M4 CQBR OPEN BOLT GBBR
WE MSK ("PMAG") MAGAZINE
MADBULL DANIEL DEFENSE RIS II MK18 9.5"
MADBULL DANIEL DEFENSE LOW PROFILE GAS BLOCK
EOTECH 551 REPLICA RED-DOT
MAGPUL PTS AAC M4-2000 SILENCER & FLASH HIDER
TSC VLTOR BCM GUNFIGHTER EXTENDED LATCH CHARGING HANDLE
DS ARMS 6-POSITION MIL-SPEC BUFFER TUBE (RS)
DPMS BUFFER TUBE LOCK RING (RS)
DPMS EJECTION PORT COVER ASSEMBLY (RS)
DPMS FORWARD ASSIST ASSEMBLY (RS)
DPMS PIVOT PIN (RS)
DPMS TAKEDOWN PIN (RS)
DPMS MAGAZINE CATCH BUTTON (RS)
DPMS MAGAZINE CATCH SPRING (RS)
NORGON AMBIDEXTRIOUS MAGAZINE RELEASE (RS)
DPMS SAFETY SELECTOR DETENT SPRING (RS)
DPMS SAFETY SELECTOR DETENT (RS)
DPMS TAKEDOWN AND PIVOT PIN DETENT (RS)
MAGPUL CTR BUTTSTOCK (RS)
MAGPUL BUTTSTOCK 0.70" EXTENDED TACTICAL PAD (RS)
MAGPUL RVG FOREND GRIP (RS)
MAGPUL MOE PISTOL GRIP (RS)
MAGPUL MOE TRIGGER GUARD (RS)
MAGPUL MBUS GEN2 FRONT & REAR SIGHTS (RS)
MAGPUL RSA (RS)
MAGPUL ASAP (RS)
MAGPUL BAD LEVER (RS)
MAGPUL XTM PANELS (RS)

ZM-WEAPONS ACCU-WEDGE (RS)

Bonus orgasm picture;

001.jpg

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 5
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

TM EBBR's were upgraded internally recently so I thought an external makeover was called for too  :P

Tokyo Marui RECCE - 10.5" Dytac KAC style outer barrel, Dytac Geissele MK5 RIS 9.5", PTS Griffin Armament M4SDII

US3kjy.jpg

Tokyo Marui SOPMOD - Dytac 7.5" SBR outer barrel, PTS Centurion Arms C4 RIS 7",  PTS Griffin Armament M4SDII 

ZqCItZ.jpg

• Like 3

Seconded BR, I was quite impressed with the quality of mine especially for the price I payed.

That reminds me the LVOA bungee grip thing I ordered a while back arrived and is completely redundant since I originally ordered the MK5 9.5 (like bladerunners but in black) but was refunded as it was out of stock, so I had to settle with the mk4.

i8114_by_drake_uk-d7uuhmc.jpg

Wasn't even sure if it would go on but I managed it somehow, not that it'll be there very long.

• Like 3

After a few years of collecting various RS parts I can finally say it's almost over :). The VTAC handguard arrived from Germany just a few moments ago, and after some quick assembly...

gc7EouQ.jpg

KlZOT5W.jpg

JI0mULr.jpg

Airsoft parts:
Iron Airsoft Larue receiver
custom 12" 316 stainless steel outer barrel
G&P LPK, NPAS bolt & carrier
Deepfire inner barrel, cut to 12" and re-crowned
Madbull AAC MITER flashhider
chinese Larue style gas block & gas tube

"Real steel" parts:
9" Troy/VTAC Alpha rail
DPMS barrel nut
Vltor buffer tube
DPMS castle nut
Noveske QD backplate sling attachment
Magpul MOE stock
Magpul MOE+ grip
Magpul RSA sling attachment
BCM Gunfighter Mod.4 charging handle
Daniel Defense fixed irons
Eotech 551 holo
Surefire X300 flashlight

The last parts missing are an ambi mag release (probably RS Norgon) and selector (BAD-CASS-3P on its way from US). It still requires work before it's skirmishable - some minor filing here and there, adding a small insert in the receiver extension etc, but i'm extremely happy with how it turned out :).

Edited by ko5ma
  • Like 2

Also it's not like it's the days of the WA system being the only one and all you could choose between (if using propane) was a G&P WOC or an AGM/JG clone.  It's not that common to change the fire control parts from stock now any more really in GBBRs, at least comparatively.

Anyway, this thread got strangely busy and awesome today, I like it.  Nice guns folks.

The lower internals are stock, carbon steel G&P parts, scavenged from my old first-gen WOC-01. I don't know if they were of better quality than later versions, but i've had zero problems with them over the years. The only part i might have to change eventually is the auto sear, it's getting worn out and doesn't properly interface with the bolt in the Iron Airsoft body - but that's not a priority for me, as the gun clocks way too hot for full auto anyway (i run my GBBR's on CO2). Also, it's quite funny, but the G&P trigger is WAY more crisp and overall better running than on both real AR-15's i occassionally get to shoot with. Addmitedly, one's a Norinco and the other an Astra, so not exactly top quality...

Edited by ko5ma

Received another small package from the US, this time with a BAD-CASS-FA selector. It works very nicely, but actually required some adjustment to make it work correctly - see below for explanation.

FRxPRBC.jpg

A few notes on parts compatibility for people who might be interested in fitting RS parts to their WA/WOC-based GBBR's - most of it is known already, but maybe it'll be handy for someone:
- RS receiver extensions (checked DMPS, Vltor) fit both G&P spec and Iron Airsoft (which I believe are Prime spec, or at least similar?) bodies without any issues
- RS endplates (DPMS, Noveske) fit both bodies, no issues
- RS castle nut (DPMS) fits G&P receiver extensions, no issues
- RS stock (MOE) fits G&P RE perfectly, but rattles on a RS Vltor RE... according to the boxes they came in, both are mil-spec, not commercial. A bit of tape fixes the issue :P
- RS grips (MOE, MOE+) fit G&P body without modifications, but require a minor adjustment for IA body (the selector detent spring hole is misaligned by about 1mm and needs to be enlarged - a 10 second job with a small knife)
- RS barrel nut (DPMS) doesn't fit G&P (metric thread) but does fit IA (imperial thread)
- RS handguards (DPMS, MOE) fit G&P barrel nuts and front sight posts, however it MAY be necessary to move the FSP a few mm's.
- RS Troy/VTAC alpha rail fits both G&P and (obviously) RS barrel nuts, but there is a small issue. Due to the way the G&P hop up is installed, the whole "chamber" section of the barrel is slightly longer than in RS AR's, so it's not possible to thread the barrel nut all the way in. As a result, the rail does not sit flush against the receiver, there is a ~0,8mm gap. It might be possible to fix it by sanding down the steel tabs that keep it in place, i'm going to check it at some point.
- RS selector (BAD-CASS) does not fit the G&P body (different detent system), requires non-permanent work to fit to an IA body. There are two issues - diameter of the hole in the IA receiver is 10mm, while the selector's diameter is ca. 9mm, so some shimming is required - otherwise the gun will still fire on "safe". I didn't have anything else at hand, so I used small strips of electrical tape, and it works fine, with positive clicks etc. Secondly, the RS selector is about 1mm wider than the IA body. This came as a surprise, as I was under the impression that the IA body was made to RS dimensions. Either way, it's possible to add some small shims, but it's not really needed as the spring detent holds it in the correct position anyway. This means however, that the left side switch protrudes from the receiver by about 0,8mm, which is somewhat annoying as it gets in the way of my thumb.
- RS charging handles (DPMS, BCM Gunfighter) do not fit the G&P without modifications (need to be shortened and the "wings" have to be removed), but fit the IA perfectly
- Rail mounted stuff obviously just works. Interestingly, Surefire X300 rattles around on a RS VTAC Alpha (again, tape is a universal answer to all worldly problems), but fits a Madbull Troy TRX perfectly.

Two items remain to be checked, magazine release (which i believe should work fine in IA, but not in G&P) and KNS linked pins (which MAY pose some problems in the IA, we'll see).

• Like 1