AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

Posted Images

Yes, but I think some people are missing the point here: the Viking rails are extruded as one piece - you cannot "open" them up, there is no removable rail section to allow you easy access to the underside of the top of the rail.

So unless you drill a gastube channel from the receiver end, which would require a 7-10" long drill bit and a VERY stable drill press, you cannot fit a gas tube. No easy way to do it.

I would imagine that was the point of not including one in the first place - to prevent people from using them on RS firearms that do need a gas tube channel. The best bet might be to drill the ends a couple of centimeters, and fit small lengths of gastube at either end?

CKinnerley - how do those Lancer mags fit into G&P or King Arms receivers ? How do they feed ?

It's just a RS mag just clicked in to a WOC I'm afraid.  Would like to know the answer to that same question myself because the Lancers have grown on me a lot.

I love the Omega. Not enough Omegas! :)

Agreed, hope DD come out with a tube version because the simplicity of the mounting system is a massive plus point.  Shame my one is a madbull that's out of spec.  :unsure:

• Like 1

It's just a RS mag just clicked in to a WOC I'm afraid.  Would like to know the answer to that same question myself because the Lancers have grown on me a lot.

Agreed, hope DD come out with a tube version because the simplicity of the mounting system is a massive plus point.  Shame my one is a madbull that's out of spec.  :unsure:

Good golly it takes like half an hour to get the DD omegas off because of how strange of an angle the mounting screws are positioned versus the Troy extreme one that takes like 30 seconds. 

• Like 1

That's a very good point, but the Troy Alpha can be choosy with different brands of barrel nut. I've never encountered a problem with the Omega.

Edit: almost forgot - also the RS Alpha sometimes need to be modded at the bottom lower edge, nearest the receiver, if you're interested in shot gunning your gat. This is all initial install stuff though. Once it's on, the Alpha really is a breeze to remove.

Edited by The Reptile House