Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

So I managed to find a chocolate brown Ike jacket in size 42R, and cheaper than the one I located in Germany. Including the typical American shipping costs. But it's a 42R, with complete measures, unit patch and it's chocolate brown.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sold off an unwanted pistol in a day so that is good.

Also might have interest in my stoopid M4A1 so that is also good.

Plus found out that many of the PS3 exclusive games I want to play now that I have one are all dirt cheap and readily available. Time to rock MGS, Uncharted, KillZone, Resistance and many others.

In other words time for stuff to go boom (I mean who actually sneaks in MGS4? Pfft not me).

'FireKnife'

I don't get all the hype about it. It's very well polished but nothing special or original.

If you don't stealth in MGS it's kind of a waste, very few games have stealth mechanics worth bothering with so if you're just going to rampage through then you might as well play another generic shooter. Sneaky beaky is also harder and more satisfying.

Yeah, I am trying to "Pacifist" my way through Deus Ex Human Revolution.

It's nails.

I can have a look, do you want a barrel that is 10" long with a 14mm negative thread?

I used to have one (can't remember who made it but I think it was madbull) that had a boss at the delta ring end that the barrel slid into and you could cut the barrel to any length and the front end would be untouched.

I've had a couple actually.

You should look for one of those.

I did all that when I realised my gf was bringing a PS3 when she moved in.

Uncharted is *suitcase*. Awkward, clunky controls ahoy.

Really? I played through Uncharted 3 and it is actually rather well thought out and not clunky at all. Saying that Resistance 1 and 2 are just plain boring *suitcase*. They make me want to play Doom 2 which has more innovation in it.

Saying that getting GTAV as then it is just on the one disc helps (and is cheaper on PS3) and then I can also swing for things like Killzone (quite liked the first one on the PS2).

I don't get all the hype about it. It's very well polished but nothing special or original.

If you don't stealth in MGS it's kind of a waste, very few games have stealth mechanics worth bothering with so if you're just going to rampage through then you might as well play another generic shooter. Sneaky beaky is also harder and more satisfying.

Not really as even the shooting mechanics can be fun and it feels like the vast armoury you can buy is going to waste when all you need for sneaking is the Ruger, Operator and M4 all with suppressors whacked on.

I found that for the first Act it was better to grab the spare rebel costume early on and then spend my time gunning down PMCs with the rebels at my side. Later I did find that sneaking helped on the infiltration of Liquid's base but for the most part I am playing the freedom fighter role, getting support from the locals etc then just pure sneaking.

But anyway, this is happy thread, not game thread :P.

'FireKnife'

Happy? Hardly slept last night, and should have a heavy day at work, lifting big stuff around. Wasn't looking forward to it at all.

Except the cherry picker and scissor lift I need still haven't turned up, so had a mornings sleep in the van!

Also, my new car has an incredible amount of toys and gadgets on it, far more than I thought when I bought it. I like gadgets :)

Get the super strength mod, a shitload of batteries, and kill them with fridges.

THE ONLY WAY.

Still counts as pacifist :)

What, so crushing everyone with airborne vending machines counts as pacifist? Lol.

I'm also currently playing Human Revolution (again), one of my favourite games.

Well I now have GTA V to keep me going along with MGS4 and the remains of Uncharted 3 (which doesn't seem that long).

Plus the weather looks better for the coming week and the shirts that were bought for my 25th last week fit well and are very light so I don't boil up in the coming sun.

Also airsoft again, twice in as many weeks is rare for me (given that the choice was so wank in Aberdeen that is was more like twice a year).

'FireKnife'

Get the super strength mod, a shitload of batteries, and kill them with fridges.

THE ONLY WAY.

Still counts as pacifist :)

What, so crushing everyone with airborne vending machines counts as pacifist? Lol.

I'm also currently playing Human Revolution (again), one of my favourite games.

That must be broken. If you knock them out cold then do too much damage trying to drag them to a hiding place they die and you lose the achievement.

Smashing them with a packing crate would be so much easier.

It sounds it but in some games they had (classic being The World is Not Enough on the original Playstation, retro eh) 'don't kill anyone' yet you could punch the stuffing out of them and that was fine so long as you didn't say shoot them.

However it does remind me of my spree in MGS3 where I would tranq every guard I saw and then when no-one was looking headshot all but one, force the last one to wake up and watch the game code break when he went 'oh shi-' and started trying to work out what was going on.

'FireKnife'

Money has been paid to a certain person, and I will soon be in the possession of a GRENADE LAUNCHER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Also, weight myself this morning and I'm down to 112kg. That's XL T-shirt territory for me, which is fan-*fruitcage*-tastic, as previously I was an XXL tshirt, 46" waist guy (now XL, and 38, respectively.)

Cream tea tonight at church, the wife's got a new dress that she looks AMAZING in (if you know what I mean, giggedy).

Life's going well.

Also, GRENADE LAUNCHER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :D

I think I'm wrong, but here goes. Shouldn't there be a connective/conjunction (and/that for example) in the sentence regarding your wife looking amazing? Seeing as you're a grammar nazi . . . .

Chilli for tea. Hhmmm, it was nnnniiiiccccccceeeeeeeeeee

Also, GRENADE LAUNCHER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :D

All good to hear, but this is the bit I'm jealous of. I would totally have took his hand off for that deal, if it weren't for the fact I'm in the process of moving and need all available funds for that.

At this rate. FK will go out airsofting more than I have in the last 4 years...

I wanted MGS4 to consist entirely of just aiding rebels against the pmc's but then the story got in the way.  We never even got to see the last pmc group.  I miss the online game though for how you could portray so many characters.  It was toxic as hell though.

Tinkerton, I am starting to get the impression that you are related to a certain fictional POW camp sergeant.

That's some good weight loss.

Congrats.

I got home late and missed the post so GRENADE LAUNCHER! will have to wait until Friday.

I have been playing with POLARSTAR! and it ISN'T WORKING!

That means lots of one of my most favourite things.

Fiddling.

Tinkerton, I am starting to get the impression that you are related to a certain fictional POW camp sergeant.

Sadly, I don't actually get this reference. 'Allo 'Allo? no? Meh.

That's some good weight loss.

Congrats.

I got home late and missed the post so GRENADE LAUNCHER! will have to wait until Friday.

I have been playing with POLARSTAR! and it ISN'T WORKING!

That means lots of one of my most favourite things.

Fiddling.

FIDDLING IS THE BEST ING. Along with Tinkering. And Bodging.

Yes, losing weight. Fun. need to do fitness now. 

GRENADE LAUNCHER! :D

Buying tiles for the kitchen floor today and I can't wait. It's going to take a while to get the floor level, before setting the tiles (as the floor is underneath the cooker and has never been levelled. Which is annoying).

Also, gives me a chance to buy more tools for airsoft (tinkering).

After being accused of theft last night - well, wandering about looking suspicious - I am the proud 'owner' of a nice new keyboard. Aquired from a disused office, but it hasn't had reports and Arnies' posts hammered out on it so the keys are all nice and smooth.

That all just sounds very very dodgy :P.

However I am happy as it looks like the weekend is going to be fair weather, airsofting is on the horizon and one of my two guns are sold (just need the other gone now).

Also played some GTAV last night and Rockstar clearly picked up on the advances of RDR that actually worked. Yay for checkpoints and small health regens.

'FireKnife'

Archived