VFC MP7 AEG looks closer and closer

Wingmann

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been drooling over this also..🤤

Pretty sturdy looking gearbox at 10:28. Looks like four gears, so no "standard version 2" gears for this one. Probably just an AEP-type gearset. Good looking bearings, though. Hopefully lot's of aftermarket support in the form of a GATE Titan and a neo-motor..🤗

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn, I was expecting Scorpion Evo 3 price at most, it's even more than that, looks like I'll be looking to see if it could be (a lot) cheaper buying direct from Taiwan.. 

That said, given that this is a new gearbox design, with in built mosfet, with new magazines design and stop on empty... I think it's fair enough if we don't compare it to the prices we're used to seeing from other existing MP7, but to look at it as a new gun entirely, which it sort of is. 

I think Umarex know the demand for this and they're pricing this accordingly.

The impressionist/Milsim crowd are going moist for this, it'll sell well even at this price.

I'm neither of the above but I'm going to sell my Evo for this, a well sorted MP7 AEG is just too perfect of a proposition to ignore. 

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

It does say full details to be confirmed at IWA so might just be speculation.  They're going to struggle shifting them at £440 I reckon...That's basically TM AA12/TM RS series money.

To be fair this and the aa12/ngrs is like for like - completely new system, in a small package too.

1 hour ago, Skarclaw said:

To be fair this and the aa12/ngrs is like for like - completely new system, in a small package too.

The VFC GBB could have be considered a new system too, although GBB internals are far more forgiving when you're trying to shoehorn them into a new shell than gearboxes are, I'd certainly expect it to be a bit more expensive than a GBB (which was put into production in a former, probably cheaper time) but maybe not that much more,  LWA do say pricing is to be confirmed so I'd guess that's what they expect the maximum price would be.

To be fair time will tell whether it's worth what it actually ends up retailing for, if it's very robust and reliable then it may be worth the price and it's a given that the externals will be nice, if it's not reliable and there are issues around replacement parts then definately not, imo with most things you can't actually tell if something was a good buy until you've owned it for a decent amount of time.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:58 AM, blobface said:

[G]iven that this is a new gearbox design, with in built mosfet, with new magazines design and stop on empty... I think it's fair enough if we don't compare it to the prices we're used to seeing from other existing MP7, but to look at it as a new gun entirely, which it sort of is.

This. This is pretty much comparable to the Scorpion EVO3A1 and other boutique proprietary AEGs, like the Krytac Vector. If thatguy404's assessment of stateside pricing as $380-400 is correct, at a potential ~£375 in the UK it's not massively more expensive than the EVO3A1 (~£300) and significantly less expensive than the Vector (~£440). If you're going to buy an advanced AEG that required a ton of R&D and proprietary parts you're going to pay more money - a fully-featured Recoil Shock starts from ~£390.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:08 PM, Zereck said:

What baffles me is the one position stock and no rails. Hopefully they change that in the end.

Just skip the foregrip and start with the MP7A2...

Archived