DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm o like what the minimi gunners done with his issue desert gloves. thats tempting lol.

With any luck i may have a des DPM loadout up tomoro, only basic though.

Grim

What are you getting? Currently I have desert DPM trousers, smock, boonie. I wear my Converse Warrior boots (which are quite popular with the lads out in 'stan, and throw my green DPM webbing over the top. The boonie hat is a only appropriate because I don't have body armour on, and my Mk6 makes me look like a mushroom. I'm currently looking for a decent fitting para helmet and osprey, but unfortunately most are far too big.

Edited by morpcat
What are you getting? Currently I have desert DPM trousers, smock, boonie. I wear my Converse Warrior boots (which are quite popular with the lads out in 'stan, and throw my green DPM webbing over the top. The boonie hat is a only appropriate because I don't have body armour on, and my Mk6 makes me look like a mushroom. I'm currently looking for a decent fitting para helmet and osprey, but unfortunately most are far too big.

I have Desert DPM pants shirt and jacket, I can used any of the 3 pairs of desert boots i have, US issued desert pro boots or magnum amazons have a para helmet with desert cover on, issue desert gloves and I'm going to throw my old green DPM assault vest on, i wouldn't mind an osprey my self but there not meant to be allowed out of theater, well thats what i heard anyways. I know Flecktarn sells them but its like £100 for just the cover with out the neck or arm guards. If they come down in price or if any one sees them else where cheaper let me know please. Any ways back to my load out, i don't think i am missing anything, if i am guys let me know. Thanks

Grim

I have Desert DPM pants shirt and jacket, I can used any of the 3 pairs of desert boots i have, US issued desert pro boots or magnum amazons have a para helmet with desert cover on, issue desert gloves and I'm going to throw my old green DPM assault vest on, i wouldn't mind an osprey my self but there not meant to be allowed out of theater, well thats what i heard anyways. I know Flecktarn sells them but its like £100 for just the cover with out the neck or arm guards. If they come down in price or if any one sees them else where cheaper let me know please. Any ways back to my load out, i don't think i am missing anything, if i am guys let me know. Thanks

Grim

The usual accessories always help to get the look right. Petzl light on the helmet, PRR/Bowman headset, LLMs are quite common on the rifle, NVG mounts for helmets now, issue desert camelback, cats eye bands are more and more common, ESS V-12s as usual...

Most of the time people tend not to wear the neck and arm pads on the Osprey, and as for load bearing equipment, that's something most people seem to be experimenting with. The bulk of the Osprey makes both webbing and assault vests a little awkward, chest rigs are becoming quite popular. OnPatrol have specially designed Osprey pouches, but there isn't much room n the Osprey itself to mount pouches.

With regards to getting an Osprey, the only ones that are available (or should be available) are damaged ones returned from the field. This is obviously because real soldiers need them. Flecktarn have them in various sizes for £99.50, and eBay usually have 5-10 on sale at any one time, usually in quite large sizes, but for quite cheap. Again, these should all be damaged.

There are desert CBAs available (with fillers) for fairly cheap prices, so getting an authentic pre-2006 look is fairly simple.

Awww damn u UBAR u got me all happy then! then i noticed it was out of stock! DAMN U CRUEL WORLD STOP MOCKING ME! Thankx Ubar thats a great find i will be keeping my eye on these.

Also the pics will be up later. my buddys decided to eat his bday cake so isnt comeing down yet!

Grim

Christ they are issuing big berets these days mate,thats got a crown like a 1940s one!

That your issue one or a private purchase and if its issue could you pm me the manufacturer, if they are making berets with 10&1/2 inch corwns and that much 'drop' on the ear the re-enactor market will want to know!

looks good but your beret looks large compared to the ones i was issued.

Thats my Issue beret Gadge (from the cadets my TA issue beret is sat on my head being shaped now for rememberance day tomorrow), huge compared to my old Kings Regiment Beret but same band size 57 i think it was. I think. As for a manufacturer im afraid i cant help you first thing i do to a beret is tear out that plastic square and the sticky label, although next time any of my cadets get kit i will double check for you and PM you.

yeah its a standard A2 handguard on the STAR carbine.

Grim

As for a manufacturer im afraid i cant help you first thing i do to a beret is tear out that plastic square and the sticky label, although next time any of my cadets get kit i will double check for you and PM you.

Grim

Doing that to issue kit in my day would get you kicked up the backside and 2 days on bog duty!

Alot of import berets come with larger crowns if you can source the right colour the USA is a good place to look. Old quiet army sirplus shops will have the large crown berets too.

Worst comes to worst and you get desperate you can have them made there are a couple of costume companies that do wwII repro that will do them.

Just got my Osprey today...got to say it's a nice bit of kit. Glad to see we're thinking a bit more about what we're giving our troops now...

p1000793800x600mw9.jpg

p1000795800x600eh7.jpg

I've found some pouches for it aswell, and i've opted to go down that route instead of wearing an assault vest over the top, as be quite honest, it's bulky enough as it is!

Still got quite a few things to buy, but i'll post up pics of my loadout (based on 3 PARA) when it's finished!

Flecktarn.co.uk sell them...

lol as ie said i'll be damned if i spend £99 on an osprey cover, when i can get one between £25 and £40 on ebay or the-outdoor.co.uk lol as much as i love some of flectarns gear they have the osprey covers priced just way to high, and with the money i save i could buy pouches for my osprey. I just hope i win my bid on ebay at the moment. thanks any ways.

Grim