DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

Random DPM kit Q for you all here: Can I get a picture of the kevlar filler for the flack jacket? I got a cover for it, but am hesitant to start hacking up my closed cell foam until I know what I am going for.

Cheers,

KM

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Random DPM kit Q for you all here: Can I get a picture of the kevlar filler for the flack jacket? I got a cover for it, but am hesitant to start hacking up my closed cell foam until I know what I am going for.

Cheers,

KM

If your referring to the Osprey cover than to make foam insets it should be 10 inches by 12.5 inches and 1.5 inches in thickness.

That's the case for my Mk.2 Osprey.

Cheers

Rich

Ahhhhhhh.

I seem to remember that the CBA plates would fit the Osprey armour as well or I am remembering incorrectly? I do remember them being 10x12 inches.

Wait until someone else confirms and I will see if I can double check for you.

Edit:

OK if right and its this style:

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr1652.html

than it should be:

http://www.meanandgreen.com/army/British_A.../1610/1963.html

which is; 17 x 22 x 2cm

that make sense mate?

Cheers

Rich

Edited by rwoodcock01
New Zealand Ventile DPM windproof smock. Oh yes.. luvverly bit of kit. I like the way the buttons are all covered over so they don't shine or get ripped off by ruck straps. And of course, it is ventile. Did I mention that it was ventile??

Ace, have wanted one of those for a while...

If you see any in 190/96 or 190/104 .. ;)

Fatal: I'm not an expert by any means, but I believe Brit infantry do a lot of long ( comparitively) foot patrols... I believe the Americans tend to be near a vehicle nearly all the time, and so don't need to have all their kit on them.

All the awesomeness in this thread might just force me into a DDPM loadout. I should have bought that damn Osprey with the extras at W&P....

Do you use hand grenades as well lol. I found the link for the jacket but could not find any DDPM gortex trousers. And im sure theres plenty of us on here who wouldnt mind a set of deser DPMs both jacket and trousers.

Grim

When I can get away with it.... :D

Give Jasper a call. I was at Strikeforce HQ today and he's got a box full of goretex DDPM.... I have LOTS of the standard issue desert boots in size 10, all brand new in boxes if anyone's interested...

AFAIK it's not used at all.

Do our smocks even have them? I wouldn't know, I'm not ally enough to spend my money on a para smock... Or something. It's basically just a left over from the days of the Denison smock, and when there was a larger possibility of your jacket billowing up around you.

They are worn. I meant the donkey tail is not used is all.

Got that bit mate; should've quoted morpcat's post though as that's what I was replying to where he was asking if "our smocks have them", presuming by 'our' he meant brit military.

You a student at Cosford or are you posted there CK?

I wish I was posted, heh. Technically my rank is still AC, but my pay grade is around lvl 1 SAC so I go for something inbetween when online. :P Put in my dreamsheet just last week actually, been at Cosford for a couple of days shy of a year now and still got 3 months of phase II training left (and that's without being put back or failing anything). It's a damn long haul for us bombheads, on the plus side though we don't have to come back later like the AMMs do.

how are british pants and shirts sized? I am a small regular, bdu top and bottom in the US... I've absolutely no clue what that is in dpm.... Also, as per my team requirements I gotta get full temp and dessy dpm... the tops have to be the webtex sas style smocks from combatservicesupport.co.uk .. Anyone know if they make something like them but in goretex? As if I am gonna have a smock, I'd prefer it to be windproof and waterproof, or I see no point at all..... Course Our team is loosely SAS based, so it has to be similar in appearence to webtex "SAS style" smocks.....

Or, does anyone know a good cheap place for an american to get a dessy and temperate trouser, and a desy and temperate smock?

also how is arktis gear generally regarded? And does anyone know the difference bettween their 1601 and 1602 vests? (arktis product number for them are k170 and k171, respectively)?

thanks a bunch you guys, and please foregive me posting such a long question in here :blink: !

Edited by Vercingetorix

Firstly, I highly doubt the SAS would ever ever ever wear WebTex gear, it is generally regarded to be *suitcase* quality. Regular Army soldiers hold this opinion, so the SAS are highly unlikely to touch WebTex.

Something like http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/is.../shopscr92.html would be better, they are still in use in Iraq by the SAS, and although not waterproof they'll be water repellent and you can always treat it with some NikWax..

As fo the sizing, on my S95 Combat Shirt, the size is given as 180/104, which is the height in cm and the chest in cm.

I think its the same for the Combat jackets.

The trousers are sized with three sets of numbers, such as 85/88/104, the leg (inseam) is the 85 bit, the 88 is the waist in cm and the 104 is the seat in cm.

I think Arktis is usually regarded to be good gear, I have the K170 as an airsoft vest and it works really well.

Vests with pouches on the shoulders are issued (or at least have been issued) to Royal Marines, so if its good enough for them it'll be fine for you.

Not sure about the difference in the vests, from the website it looks like perhaps the K171 has slightly more pouches.. http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/military/vestsmilitary.htm

Hope such a long answer helps!

This thread need moar tasty DPM...

My finished Mk6, although I have sudden urgings to add an NVG mount. But then again, i'm tempted to leave that for a possible future 3 PARA loadout... ;)

helmetag1.jpg

Consider it a teaser for my finished Basra 08 loadout pics...coming soon to a forum near you! Literally waiting on a couple of items (unforuntately one might not crop up for a while.)

:)

Edited by buzzsaw
I am a small regular, bdu top and bottom in the US... I've absolutely no clue what that is in dpm. Also, as per my team requirements I gotta get full temp and dessy dpm... the tops have to be the webtex sas style smocks from combatservicesupport.co.uk.. Anyone know if they make something like them but in goretex? As if I am gonna have a smock, I'd prefer it to be windproof and waterproof, or I see no point at all. Course Our team is loosely SAS based, so it has to be similar in appearence to webtex "SAS style" smocks.
I've found the sizing chart here to be useful a few times in the past. As regards WebTex, just because they brand something 'SAS style' does not mean by a long stretch that British Army Special Forces currently (or indeed ever have) use/d any such kit.

Nice lid as well buzz, I never did understand why they put the elastic on those desert covers, how much grass are you ever going to find out there for cam?

Edited by CKinnerley