Star M249 Para Examined...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my bad.  I did not see the second quoted statement.  wasn't trying to be a smartarse, just quoting something that might have helped. 

I noticed this in the cold, at night (approximately 40 degrees F) and I tried to figure out the source when I had my piston and cylinder in my hand when the mechbox was apart.  I took the piston and put it in the cylinder, then covered the brass nozzle with my finger and replicated the piston moving in the cylinder.

I found that I'd get no compression for several strokes of the piston in there.  Then, for some unknown reason, the o-ring would 'catch' for lack of a better word and form a perfect seal.  This was inside at approximately 60 degrees F. 

So, short answer, I don't know.  In my case, I suspect the white grease and/or the o-ring is/are cold.  If your room temp was warmer than 60, I don't know.

I use Kyosho's silicon shock oil 90wt for lubing the O-ring and inner cylinder wall. I also polish the inner cylinder wall with Brasso to a mirror finish. Compression has been perfect even in the cold weather.

You might want to verify the thread pattern on the CA hider. I tried putting the Star Para hider on a CA (or maybe the other way around I don't remember exactly) and it didn't work. I think the CA may be positive thread. The Star is negative.

The Guarder will work, why not get that?

Edited by staticzero
You might want to verify the thread pattern on the CA hider. I tried putting the Star Para hider on a CA (or maybe the other way around I don't remember exactly) and it didn't work. I think the CA may be positive thread. The Star is negative.

The Guarder will work, why not get that?

StaticZero, could you at the smiley back to the thread(the ones you see infront of the name on the listing) It made the thread alot easier to spot ;)

*Edit, it's back, maybe my browser just didnt load the image right the first time :P

Edited by Gundrosen

I'm sure it's somewhere in the thread so please bear with me...

Is there any way to attatch a scope (and thus, RIS rail) on the Star M249? I know there is no purpose designed kit for it, but is a makeshift job possible?

Since the rear sight isnt adjustable, I'd imagine you need a scope/viewpoint for any reliable targetting.

Is there any way to attatch a scope (and thus, RIS rail) on the Star M249? I know there is no purpose designed kit for it, but is a makeshift job possible?

Since the rear sight isnt adjustable, I'd imagine you need a scope/viewpoint for any reliable targetting.

Isn't reading fun?

At least 3 people have made posts detailing how to attach RIS rails.

READING: IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!

Isn't reading fun?

At least 3 people have made posts detailing how to attach RIS rails.

READING: IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!

If that's what you call 'bearing with' someone then I pity anyone that associates you. Apologies, as I don't have the time to do a good reading of 35 pages on an internet forum unlike some.

Now, back to my bloody question mate. :)

Edited by teetee
If that's what you call 'bearing with' someone then I pity anyone that associates you. Apologies, as I don't have the time to do a good reading of 35 pages on an internet forum unlike some.

Now, back to my bloody question mate. :)

You know a simple answer stating what pages the answer to my question is on would be much more appropriate than profanity and big red writing. Isn't "See pg XX and XX" easier on the both of us, and - heaven forbid, actually helpful? I sure hope your other 2,760 posts are a little more productive than "READ THE F'ING THREAD OMGZORS, I WET MY PANTIES".

My question was answered in PM by a very helpful person. Thank you :)

Why should I help you if you aren't going to even try and find it yourself?

If you have read it and THEN not understood, I would have helped.

But when you say "I can't be bothered to read through the thread", I get ######, as you expect me to do the work for you.

Here is how I did it :)

It's not a detailed description, but you cna probobly see how it's mounted by looking at the pictures. Tell me if you need any more pics and I can probobly help you out.

BTW, the mount I used is a G3/MP5 mount.

DarkLite, I suppose you don't consider asking for help an attempt to help yourself. I remind you this is a 35 page thread, so let's do some math...

35 pages

20 posts per page

~700posts total

You said 3 people made posts regarding the installation of an RIS rail, out of 700 posts. Unfortunately I don't have the time to sift through 700 posts, 697 of which are irrelevant to my concern. Perhaps if I had the postcount and free time you did, then I would be a better forum-member (at least in your, singular opinion).

Pity I'm not.

Here is how I did it :)

It's not a detailed description, but you cna probobly see how it's mounted by looking at the pictures. Tell me if you need any more pics and I can probobly help you out.

BTW, the mount I used is a G3/MP5 mount.

Takk Gundrosen, more than enough detail. From all I've read/heard/seen it isn't an easy or reversible job. Guess it's a matter of time till someone makes a kit.

Hopefully sooner than later.

Got my RS gulf war stock today, and unfortuanatly it doesnt fit.

I dont think I can get this to fit with a dremel either, the only way I might get it to work is if I cut the STAR part of the stock and use that on the RS stock, but I need a replacemnt stock before I try this(just in case something goes wrong)

Pictures:

stock1.jpg

stock2.jpg

stock3.jpg

stock4.jpg

Lesson time!

Look at the bottom left of the page. See the little search box? If you type something in there it will search this thread only and return whole posts from the thread (several per page if applicable) that pertain to the search criteria. In this case to answer the question about adding a rail to the feed cover I used the search box to find my own post on the subject. I simply typed in 'rail'. There were several results of course but skimming through them revealed my post part way down the page. It only took a moment. Try it!

It's much better for you to use this feature yourself rather than posting about something that's already been covered and thereby ticking people off (if I found or have to find what you're looking for by doing something that you yourself could have done it can be frustrating, especially after it happens 30 times from different members). It only takes a moment and it might just be faster than waiting for a response in the end. If you can't find anything after a quick search then by all means post. However saying you can't be bothered to do something so simple and then expecting us to do your research for you isn't that polite at the very least. :waggle:

End lesson!

My anemic post on the subject of adding a rail: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...51entry571751

Edited by staticzero