My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a handy hint folks.

Don't open a fresh bottle of Coke that you've just knocked over indoors.

I'm still cleaning up!

Wow. That's very... American of you.

As for me, I cannot deal with the worst motivated cold and I feel the incoming weather change. Which means that instead of ######-freezing cold we're gonna have rain and snow, in case we're too happy with above-zero temperatures. And I have a headache already.

Just bought a $200 bottom bracket from America.

Tracked it making a stop in customs.  Thought: Welp, that's a £70 tax bill.

Nope.  The company who sent it put a value of $20 on it.

Now I'm complicit in international tax fraud.  Nice.

That's nice.

The bad:

To fit it I had to remove a little carbon fibre from the bottom bracket area of the bike.

A thread broke free and came out.

Now, it is on the bottom of the bike in the most heavily reinforced area of the bike but it is still irritating.

However, because there is a hole there now, you can see my BBinfinite BB peeking through.  Hot.

I couldn't sleep because I had a fit of ideas. Namely, an attempt to revive my Nuclear Backpack project and add a couple of bits and bobs to it.

Now, do I want a $200 Chinese MIG pilot helmet (A TK-1, GSh-4 copy) for the undoubtedly nefarious purpose of creating a spacesuit/hazmat suit costume? The hood that covers the back of neck seems to be intact, or at least not dinged that much, but the photos hardly show anything. That and I'd have to repaint the dome as it's scratched, but it's not a bad thing because I want to paint over the red star insignia anyway.

Non standard screwheads. 
Either finding imperial hex here in the metric EU, even worse so because while it's quite easy go get imperial screws by mistake, it's very hard to find correct imperial tools like a hex bit set. Everything sold here is metric!
Either that or out of spec machining of the screws.

Or Ph / Pz screwheads that don't fit any bit. it's either a very wide screwhead, but not deep enough to fit the correct Ph/Pz bit so the bit wobbles or it's a combination of Ph/Pz ( PZ is sharper and have narrow 'blades' but have extra small blades for support. )

Also, never ever use hex on small screws, especially when it's made of a soft material. Use Torx, less easy to strip, but the industry is ignorant of this fact...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH ! 

The woes of being a technician of any sort

Archived