My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean sometimes?

I was trying to be nice, but we both know (and I'm sure you know more so than I) that it is basically wank from start to end.

However, I'm sure you'll agree, it does have some true spontaneous joys, and not everyone one meets is a *Ubar*. Or dies too soon.

Aye you don't need to tell me that life isn't all sunshine and puppies.

It's like a drunk, doesn't know when to stop throwing punches.

Fortunately there are some genuinely wonderful moments that make all the *suitcase* you sift through worth it.

I'm glad I knew the guy, same with all the friends I've lost through the years. I'm also glad I've got a pretty great network of friends now, six or so years ago I had very few real friends.

To counter that, smart people tend to think everything is easy for everyone else. Never empathizing with people who can't perform at their level.

Both sides make me want to drink. But yes, Dunning-kruger effect, and the best example is at my work.

Paramedic to a 78 year old who they've just informed they (the 78 year old) have broken thier hip:-

'You're going to have to get yourself up, we'll help, but we can't lift you as we have to look after our backs'.

There is more to this story but right now I need to calm down.

This was after waiting an hour for said paramedics, after we had broken a window to get to the dead bolt (front and back door have dead bolts, so keys were useless), to unlock the back door. I even helped carry the stretcher into the house as the paramedic struggled to get it up the front step.

So, yeah. *suitcase* evening and after waiting four hours in the hospital, still haven't been seen by a doctor.

Interesting. Which watch did you go for? I recently picked up a Huawei W1. Does everything you've mentioned and lasts me at least 3 days before a charge and that only takes an hour for a full charge. That's worth normal use not on airplane mode too..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Went for an LG Style. Mostly because it doesn’t look like a smart watch. Picked it up for £125 as a trial to see if I could get on with them.

But there’s too many niggles with android for my liking, things like the airplane icon on all the time, the cloud icon when you’re not connected to WiFi, syncing issues with the facer app. Took a day for me to grab the mondaine and put that back on.

Should never have sold you my bell and Ross clone haha

Ahh.. Thats why I went for the W1 it also doesn't look like a smart watch, just looks like a standard classy watch in my opinion. I also grabbed it practically brand new on eBay for £75..  I don't seem to have the issues you're having either, no cloud icon etc for me! Airplane does show though. 

I still have that B&R clone! One of my favourites although unfortunately it decided it didn't want to keep time anymore, it did have a fairly hard life with me though! Been trying to find another clone, although I'm pretty happy with this Huawei so have stopped looking so often! 

I tried a smart watch for a while, I didn't really get on with it.

Now, granted it was not Android wear, it was a Garmin FR920XT but it still had the notifications and stuff.

I am utterly in love with my Casio G-Shock GWA1100-R "Dumb watch".  The only feature I would like it to have that it does not have is an LED that can illuminate the dial if it has been dark long enough to allow the lume material on the hands to run out.

What?

GPW1000-4AJF you say?

If I had waited a couple of months I could have had that feature?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffff

So I opened up to my mother about my mental health issues and that I'm on antidepressants. Her first response was "what do you need to take those for?" swiftly followed up by her trying to tell me I don't need them. What really got me though was that less than 30 minutes earlier she had been moaning about how my cousin is saying he doesn't want surgery for a life threatening heart condition

Archived