1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently in the midst of getting my hands on a totally old school colt 1911.

A Marushin shell ejecting Colt 1911 in nickel-finish :D

Has anyone had a chance to hold or fire one of these, I'd love to hear any opinions, I've read the review but you can never have too many second opinions.

Cheers.

the thing you have to remember is that these are classics! Airsoft has come along way since these were in production! Tlaaking of which I have this,

setbq6.png

It's currently for sale, brandnew never been fired. It's over 6 years old and has been sitting in a toy shop close to where i live since the day it was delivered!

I will post more pictures if you interested as I have some other MGC classic goodness!

hah, I dont know nearly as much as Noob3r and the other 1911 regulars, i know enough to get by :D

the scw3 hopup works best with .25's and 134a, anything lighter and you won;t get a straight shot, just fyi :)

cheers, hbc.

Sorry im going to have to disagree with you there. I was using .2's 2 weeks ago (i left my .23s at home) and they were further than 1J AEGs and accurate to a minimum of 30ms.

The .23's seemned a better weight but i only had the one mag and fired them off when marshaling before i ranged the pistol.

Also regarding gas, shove Abbey Ultra Predator in the WA's to get that little extra performance. Ive been using it since it came out and it has worked perfectly in every WA i have owned (about 7 in total) with no side effects.

Hi i was just wondering where can i find pistol grips with desgins on them for the TM 1911?

Search ebay and you will get a lot of hits. Personally i like the $100 bill grips along with the grim reaper on fake ivory. Also you can get some sweet wood ones!

1911 grips ebay search

Edited by mr eagle
What kind of Springfield 1911 is that?  Is it stock or is that a metal body, and if so what kind?  Beautiful gun...:D

Thanks,

It is a stock J-Armory Springfield. It uses WAs Magna blowback system, it's build quality is on par with the newer WA magna systems. Awesome deal for the $

Sorry im going to have to disagree with you there. I was using .2's 2 weeks ago (i left my .23s at home) and they were further than 1J AEGs and accurate to a minimum of 30ms.

The .23's seemned a better weight but i only had the one mag and fired them off when marshaling before i ranged  the pistol.

Also regarding gas, shove Abbey Ultra Predator in the WA's to get that little extra performance. Ive been using it since it came out and it has worked perfectly in every WA i have owned (about 7 in total) with no side effects.

Sorry but WA state themselves that you should use .25's with the new fixed hop-up system, and every WA I have EVER shot gets better accuracy with .25's.

It is a well-known fact that WA hopup is too much for .2's, either your gun has been worn in enough to have lowered the effect the hopup has on the bb's or your gun is special.

Also, Not all stock WA's can handle abbey, SCW2 actually seem to be able to handle it easily, Green too, but of the SCW3 guns I've tried they don't seem to like it too much.

thanks.

did a few tests with my WA kimber warrior (SCW3) today.

as i have mentioned recently in this thread green gas seemed to have a very adverse affect on my slide notch.

tried different combinations of weights and gasses at 10 degrees C with wind at 15mph north easterly according to the met office website.

first up i used 134a and 0.25s because i was under the impression this is what stock WA gbbs are designed for.

134a and 0.25s = poor range (bbs dip relatively quickly)

green and 0.20s = too much hop (as predicted)

green and 0.25s = perfect range and accuracy

134a and 0.20s = average range and accuracy (it was a bit hit and miss with this combo)

when using green i did not hold the slide catch down so i could see what damage was being done.

i was pleased to see that no more wear had been caused. i believe this to be because it was quite cold outside.

134a was disappointing, again i expect this to be due to the cold temperature.

i would like to try the 134a and 0.2s in less windy conditions as they might be almost as good.

even so the 134a in the cold was struggling to get an entire mags worth out.

so for me this is just a simple case of use green gas over winter when it's pretty cold, under 10-12 degrees C i would say.

when it's over that temperature go with 134a.

i guess this is why 134a is summer gas and green is winter gas.

it is important to note that i did have to use a shooters design gas nozzle extension to get the 134a in the bumpered mags.

also that as these 4 mags worth were the 3rd 4th 5th and 6th mags worth of bbs to go through the pistol it does mean the hop up could probably do with a bit of breaking in so to speak.

i hope this helps this discussion in someway.

even though it states th obvious in a lot of places.

cheers

chris

Seemed like the best place to ask, as a couple of people have them for their 1911s (Hitman, Phoenix, Hardboiled etc)

How much does shipping tend to be for the PDI/X-fire threaded barrels? (Talking about ordering direct from x-fire here, as they seem to be the only place that stock them).

Cheers all.