1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souske, I love your gun with either grip. Eventually, I want to buy that gun and throw some Pachmayr American Legends on it. Unless TM comes out with a Kimber kit fast for their 1911, it looks like me and WE are going to become friends.

I doubt a proper full Kimber kit for the TM 1911 will be released anytime soon since alot of extra parts need replacing: trigger, grip safety, mainspring housing, recoil rod, hammer, etc. It's more likely one will be offered if and when the TM MEU is released though. Probably PGC, Creation, and SD will jump in then.

Hitman, any chance you know what exact holster it is he's wearing? The ones on ebay are similar (aka Mathubs dual sob holster), but this one looks like two individual holsters and is far more attractive IMO..

ta.

the ebay one's aren't too uncomfortable, you just need a belt that fits the loops perfectly, or drawing is tough.

It is indeed two holsters stitched together.  I'm sure theres a thread somewhere in the depths of the 1911forum.com that says what make they were, but I can't see it now.  I seem to recall the single holsters are discontinued now anyway so it would have to be two custom holsters which would then need to be stitched together. 

Apparently the holster from the film is on display at the Galco factory/museum.

correct.

They look like a pair of cross draw holsters with a spring opening like a shoulder holster. If it's in the Galco Museum isn't it likely to be a Galco design?

it is indeed a galco holster. I contacted them to purchase one... they quoted me at i believe either $400 or $700.

I doubt a proper full Kimber kit for the TM 1911 will be released anytime soon since alot of extra parts need replacing: trigger, grip safety, mainspring housing, recoil rod, hammer, etc. It's more likely one will be offered if and when the TM MEU is released though. Probably PGC, Creation, and SD will jump in then.

Most of those parts are available right now through PDI, Carom shot, KM etc. The only 2 things that would really have to be released for the M1911 would be the MSH and the grip safety, which I think with some minor modification can be used off the TM Hi Capa. Even if say Guarder released one while we wait for the MEU to come out, I would be all over it.

But none the less, a Kimber kit for the TM M1911 would be awesome.

Most of those parts are available right now through PDI, Carom shot, KM etc. The only 2 things that would really have to be released for the M1911 would be the MSH and the grip safety, which I think with some minor modification can be used off the TM Hi Capa. Even if say Guarder released one while we wait for the MEU to come out, I would be all over it.

But none the less, a Kimber kit for the TM M1911 would be awesome.

What do you mean? I was unaware anyone made any Kimber products for the TM 1911.

They don't. He was referring to the availability of the other bits I mentioned.

With alot of different parts and some modding, yes you could probably get close to making something Kimber-like out of the TM 1911 by using an SD Kimber slide for the TM Hi-Capa (with the appropriate TM 1911 adaptor piece, IIRC). Still, since it doesn't have Kimber trades on the frame, it wouldn't be 100% accurate. Just wait for the TM MEU. I'm sure making a Kimber will be much cheaper and more accurate then.

Souske, I love your gun with either grip. Eventually, I want to buy that gun and throw some Pachmayr American Legends on it. Unless TM comes out with a Kimber kit fast for their 1911, it looks like me and WE are going to become friends.

Thanks. Pachmayr grips would accompany it nicely indeed. Supposedly, WE and TM 1911 parts can be interchanged, but I can't confirm it.

Souske, you should splurge for some real Kimber tan grips. It would make it teh sex.

Thinking about it...but most of my funding went into my M4/CQBR, lol.

finally got my ivory warrior grips (allthough they are *beep*, watch out for ebay seller rare'n'unique, people :waggle: ) and my fullsize recoil rod in there, and a spacer so i can use said rod with my silencer, huuzzah!

And many thanks to the cleaner for donating an apropriate recoil spring :D !

IM000045sm.JPG

IM000049sm.JPG

edit one more

IM000052sm.JPG

Edited by sturgis

Heres the parts list:

Kimber Warrior scw 3

Shooters design Custom TLE RL II slide

Polished or stock controls that Ocelot gave me

Some regular Goverment Colt grips

Stock recoil rod that Ocelot gave me too

The outer barrel was off: GM WA: which I got off my friend

SV hammer with SCW 2 firing pin

Crappy springer metal silencer for 15 dollars

It looks alot worst it person.. <_< scratches and all. The frame was also painted and it looks terrible.

Anyways I think I covered it all.

Phil

Edited by Philip Aram