• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guinness that SW1911SC is sooooo hot!!  :o 

I likey.  :D

Why thank you Sir! :D

@ hkssr20det-

Great pics and cheers! for scooping everybody with the first 'in captivity' images of the Detonics!

I'll definitely be getting one of these babies for my compact-carry collection!

...However I will be waiting til the aftermarket kits and bits start showing up- that hammer for instance really looks cheap and brittle for some reason :(

Charliecloud you should know better. It's a slide and frame not a topslide and bottom slide. Got one of those two tone PXT's myself, nice aren't they.

Yep I do! - just keeping up with the modern terminology ! - It's a great piece, has a tightbore barrel and very accurate, the frame may be guarder, as apart from colour it's the same as the one on the 4.25 CC. Really taken by Para's :D

Nice little pistol. I've got a question if you dont mind me asking.

Can it use full size TM 1911 mags? I know it'd probably look ugly as sin but I wouldnt mind one of those for a backup backup and being able to use my 1911 mags would be handy.

Doesn't look too good, but not too bad either. Is their a difference in gas consumption between the TM 1911 and the Detonics?

Greetings

Um, not really. They both are terrible. I can only get about 14-15 shots out of the Detonics on green gas. With 134A it jumps up to close to 40. I posted up a full review in the Reader's Review section.

Oh yeah, yes the Detonics is ugly. Ugly as sin.

Edited by hkssr20det

Thanks. I'm just gonna stop being cheap and buy the Prime V10 outer barrel. I was trying to get away with using a creation chamber and a stock outer barrel, but no one seems to have a spare one. :(

If anyone does have a spare V10 outer barrel they are willing to sell, Shoot me a PM.

also, while I'm on/off topic. If anyone has an extra set of black Springfield style controls like the one's here, let me know. I'm looking for a set to buy, or trade for silver Kimber style controls (single or ambi safety setup-your choice)

Edited by junior

Just wanted to let you know that the CLONE Serpas Dragonred is selling do NOT take the the WE 1911 Tactical because of the rail. Pretty stupid move, IMO, to clone the old Serpa.

I also purchased a pair of resin cast tan Kimber grips off of ebay, they fit with minor modification: an exacto knife should be more than enough to do the job.

Dont know if I like the 1911 or the Serpa better, so maybe I end up selling both and getting a P226 (or maybe a real Serpa that takes my stupid WE).

Edited by chas