US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My google skills have failed me yet again and I need your input. Since I can't get my hands on a "cheap" MICH 2000 (Real) I've settled for a RS PASGT. Now for my PMC loadout I want to call it a Marine LWH and from my visual interpretation the PASGT and LWH look exactly alike aside from the different fabrication processes. Am I correct to simply call my future PASGT a LWH or am I painting a huge "noob" target on my head?

LWH is smaller, has a different chinstrap and pad set.

not quite sure how secure the strobe will be (won't be adding more velcro to the lid than this)

tips and pointers will be appreciated :)

oh, the Scott goggles are placeholders until the Bollé x800s are in place.

Fasten the strobe to the nvg strap bracket at the back.. that metal. Make something to fasten it with.. maybe velcro + some straps, wire, nylon string or anything.. Then have the strap for the google go over it also maybe? Or have it go under the strobe.

Theres some real cool kit on this thread, heres my basic lid.

MICH 2000

PVS-7 Gen 3

G&P Norotos replica

USGI arm

I would have gone for real Norotos mount plate etc but i couldnt find a retailer that would ship me one but the G&P is quite solid.

dsc00177by5.jpg

dsc00178bp7.jpg

Oh and my photographic skills are rubbish at best.

Just set it up like a normal MICH... All that's different is the ears are gone. :/

Yeah, I know. I just don't know how to mount it without the strap crossing on top of the NVG base since I'd mount it so the bottom of the Norotos is right up to the rubber rim. I suppose I could just velcro it on, or somehow tuck it under the shroud.

My lid.

It was originally a replica OD Green plain-jane MICH 2001 (sounds dumb... but I can't find my real MICH 2001 for the life of me <_< ). It had a 3 hole mount ala the type you see on IBH's. The holes didn't line up with my new mount so I had to fill them in before mounting the VAS Shroud. Also ripped off the black Velcro and replaced it with Mil-Spec Tan Velcro (the tan was too light so I dusted it with Krylon Camo Tan). Also the craptastic harness system had to go as I wanted something more stable with my NVGs.

Click any picture to see the helmet without the Rhino Mount.

mich200101amq7.jpgmich200102aiq4.jpgmich200103aud2.jpg

mich200104atm9.jpgmich200105avh9.jpgmich200106aoc3.jpg

I'd have pics of this with my PVS-7Bs, but they weren't quite as defect free as I was told and they're at a NVG service center getting corrected.

Kit list:

* Replica MICH 2001, Painted Krylon Camo Tan and with light dusting of Krylon Camo Brown

* Rhino Arm

* OPS Core VAS Shroud

* OPS Core ACH Head-Loc™ Retention System H-Nape

* ESS Profile TurboFan Goggles in Tan (didn't have the heart to rip off the Multicam Tape)

* Surefire HL1-B-TN Helmet Light (3 white LEDs, 2 IR LEDs)

* MS2000 Strobe

* Original SOE NSW Helmet Ballast

* Comtac IIs with dual PTTs

* IR Patches (Tan US Flag, Reverse Flag, IR Square, Blood Type)