Top Posters In This Topic

Operation Tacticool Helmut [work in progress]:

c192171qd4.jpg

In the mail:

- MICH NVG Mount

- OD Replica Helmet light

- TASC-style headset that will be interchangable with the current one

To do:

- Spray with a lighter and more matte shade of OD green (similar to the color of the Bowman PRR ape-ear)

- Exchange current PASGT NVG mount plate with MICH version

- Grab some OD velcro (and not bloody massacre the lid with it like most people do :P )

- Buy a Petzl Tactikka headlamp

- Buy a real MS 2000 strobe

- Buy a pair of Bollé x800 goggles

- Possibly buy a -right side- CSM helmet mount

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor
Just started a helmet-project of my own and have bits and pieces shipping in from all 'round the world.

Now I'd just like to request any shots of MICH TC-2001s with Surefire Helmet Lights on them; thanks in advance.

Cheers

- Pkekyo

Here's a pic, it's from Wannabe:

SEAL2.jpg

Going to be something like this.. Getting rest of what I need soon.

73058383.jpg

Only picture I have right now.. I could get one better later.. Just need some bowflage.

Also bought the surefire before the clone came.. :( a few buck to much on that one.

colt4xk9.jpg

sorry about the double-post, edit-time expired.

Recieved my NVG Mount today, linky for those wanting to see the update:http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/3843/c202199xr6.jpg

Also have some OD velcro coming in the morning, helmet light is somewhere between Cologne (Köln) and here... So I need a strobe and a pair of Bollé x800 and the project will be completed for now :)

To the issue at hand: velcro... hook and loop - which one goes on the strobe, and which one on the lid

Cheers

- Pkekyo

Question for IBH users...

I have heard that some/most of the replica IBH's come with a bad chin strap that does not fully adjust properly.

My 2 questions are..

1) If you have a replica IBH that DOES have a chinstrap that actually fits properly, where did you buy it from?

2) If you didn't get lucky enough to get one, what aftermarket strap system did you buy/put on it?

c242265qx3.jpg

another Work in Progress shot... not quite sure how secure the strobe will be (won't be adding more velcro to the lid than this)

tips and pointers will be appreciated :)

oh, the Scott goggles are placeholders until the Bollé x800s are in place.

To do:

- dust it with lighter OD

- Bollé x800

- Petzl Tactikka

:)

Add more loop to to both sides of the one currently on. Also add loop to the strobe's side and top. Cut some hook so the switch is still accessible if you were to lay it on top. Stick it on...

If you look through this thread, you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

Question for IBH users...

I have heard that some/most of the replica IBH's come with a bad chin strap that does not fully adjust properly.

My 2 questions are..

1) If you have a replica IBH that DOES have a chinstrap that actually fits properly, where did you buy it from?

2) If you didn't get lucky enough to get one, what aftermarket strap system did you buy/put on it?

forget my post.. just got my coffee and read your post properly

But I got one with bad adjustment.. not much at ebay. 40$

IBH at ebay

Edited by IBICO
Mars: no, the strap is there to stay.

Why do you want to use the inferior strap? If you look at pictures of almost any modern US forces, they've ditched the strap. It just makes more sense to not have an extra thing on your helmet and risk the failure of the ratchet system.

My google skills have failed me yet again and I need your input. Since I can't get my hands on a "cheap" MICH 2000 (Real) I've settled for a RS PASGT. Now for my PMC loadout I want to call it a Marine LWH and from my visual interpretation the PASGT and LWH look exactly alike aside from the different fabrication processes. Am I correct to simply call my future PASGT a LWH or am I painting a huge "noob" target on my head?