Pictures of your weapon

Just my opinion,but the ACOG dosent look right on a Grenadiers weapon.

I know what you mean. But I had a look around before I put it on and there's a few real steel out there with that configuration. Personally though I like it, the large ACOG's chunky enough to fit with the rest of the rifle. In fact, half the reason for the things on this gun is to make it look like a right beast. Just need the right kind of flashider and a boxmag now.

Then I need to get down the gym and do some weightlifting. :P

Edited by Doghead
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my recently converted G3A3 to HK91 or old version G3A3. Its still a work in progress, but will be finished very soon. I am installing a custom 9.6V A-sized 2700mah NiMh battery into it.

17523462742.jpg

The pistol grip is still green, its going to be sprayed back to black if you noticed the color.

Here's my recently converted G3A3 to HK91 or old version G3A3. Its still a work in progress, but will be finished very soon. I am installing a custom 9.6V A-sized 2700mah NiMh battery into it.

17523462742.jpg

The pistol grip is still green, its going to be sprayed back to black if you noticed the color.

Great job, only that what you're doing is actually a Spanish CETME C. If you allow me a piece of advice -and if I remember well- the pistol grip was actually of a very-very dark brown shade rather than black ("brownish black" maybe?)

Yes this is the HK91 or G3 wood set not CETME set. I was going to get the CETME wood set originally but the way the stock was built I feared wasn't going to work for what I wanted to do.

HK91/G3: g3wood[1].jpg

CETME: CETME_semi_03.jpg

They are very similar at first glance but have their differences, notice the stock has a hole through it for the sling to slip through and "knot" on the other side to keep it in place, where the G3/HK91 has a metal sling mount.

Great job, only that what you're doing is actually a Spanish CETME C. If you allow me a piece of advice -and if I remember well- the pistol grip was actually of a very-very dark brown shade rather than black ("brownish black" maybe?)

No the he is actually doing a G3 before the types of hanguards we are familiar with became common. When you buy the wood furniture you buy actual G3 wooden furniture. The idea was carried over from the CETME since the people who made the G3 at Oberndorf were the same people who made the CETME who were the same people who made the STG44. Wood was a simpler(more elegant IMHO) way to not burn your hands.

slvrgtstang-Did the kits you bought come like that or if not what did you use to refinish them, im eagerly anticipating the arrival of the 2 kits i ordered to come in later this week.

Edited by Azulsky
No the he is actually doing a G3 before the types of hanguards we are familiar with became common. When you buy the wood furniture you buy actual G3 wooden furniture. The idea was carried over from the CETME since the people who made the G3 at Oberndorf were the same people who made the CETME who were the same people who made the STG44. Wood was a simpler(more elegant IMHO) way to not burn your hands.

slvrgtstang-Did the kits you bought come like that or if not what did you use to refinish them, im eagerly anticipating the arrival of the 2 kits i ordered to come in later this week.

Mine came exactly how it shows in the picture. I have done nothing to them. They are stained/oiled by hands and dirtied by dirt and maybe possibly even war. I purchased them from Cheaper Than Dirt, but as far as I've heard, they don't ship internationally, but I've also heard there are loopholes to that... not sure what they are though. ship it to a friend and they'll then ship it internationally? :unsure: ?

Well, I finally got this baby from Airsoft Armoury today!

M14a.jpg

And this little devil I've had for a couple of years now, still love it...

MP5WithHiCapMagAndSling.jpg

Still debating whether to add a sidearm of some kind, tempted by the new USP's that have come out recently....