Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing the news of Zarqawi's death being attributed to a Task Force 145 (comprised of Special Operation Counter-Terrorism teams) designating the target house for the airstrike, I came up with the idea of a Counter-Terrorism Hostage Rescue edition MP5. Even though MP5s aren't used in large numbers by CT teams (as they're slowly being phased by Colt Commandos and CQBRs), I still toyed with the idea of a MP5 variant that isn't a "Kurtz" model that would be used in an extreme Hostage Rescue scenarios. My MP5 features "Enhanced Optics" and a custom vertical foregrip. The "Enhanced Optics" are mostly for looks, so it's nothing too special. The idea of having a standard length MP5 barrel with a shorter overall length (w/o the stock) allows the operator better accuracy and less recoil (ok, there's no recoil in airsoft, but there would be in the real world, like with the K model). I left out the butt cap, as it added another 3-4 inches that I didn't need. The vertical foregrip is also removable.

Standard length Magazine

hrlongmaged6ij.jpg

Kurtz Style Magazines

hrshortmaged5sg.jpg

With the retractable stock.

mp5retractstocked7yg.jpg

The whole point of this project is to have a compact weapon without overly sacrificing accuracy. With all the accessories on, the MP5 looked awkward with the full stock, so I didn't include a picture with it.

As usual, any comments are welcome.

Edited by Souske
The idea of having a standard length MP5 barrel with a shorter overall length (w/o the stock) allows the operator better accuracy and less recoil (ok, there's no recoil in airsoft, but there would be in the real world, like with the K model).

Uh - that would give you more recoil.

A Secure cheek/shoulder weld is one of the most effective anti-recoil protocols.

Also - More weight = less recoil.

Simple physics.

And where did you get the info that the CT teams are phasing out the MP5? Tis a good gun - and the 9mm doesn't overpenetrate as much as a .233 round.

In anycase - I'm loving that foregrip - take the scope(s) off and leave the slither on and you have a winnar indeed.

As for the whole MP5 phasing-out issue, I was informed about this by a SEAL operator I know (yes, in person). He said that the 5.56 offered better punch than the 9mm (but you do have a good point about the over-penetration issue), and that the CQBR's unit price wasn't as high as a MP5's, and they're generally the same length. Another point he pointed out was that the MP5 required more maintenance than the CQBR (although they do both require maintenance). He did say that the MP5s were very popular among Teams about 5-6 years ago, before they started "phasing" them out. The MP5 use is not extinct, but its use is not as prevalent as it used to be.

I also thought shorter barrel = more recoil (along side weight issues)?

The early CAR-15s (not the XM177E2s, but the E1(?)) had an excessively loud muzzle report, and recoil, and both were attributed to the short barrel.

Edited by Souske

I was told that only the MP5 A series was being phased out. but the SD models were still in arsenal. and that with the CQBR the muzzle report is much louder than that of the MP5 (I know this for a fact...).

but that is all another story... now behold wonder....

PICT0766.jpg

PICT0756.jpg

Edited by Krazy L

yes my M1 is real

but those two pistols are airsoft... I get yelled at for posting real steel pics... <_<

EDIT:

Oh You have a M1 super 90 also... WOW another person with one... cool.. i thought i was alone...

Edited by Krazy L
Well you've never shown it to us..  :unsure:

I've never had reason to take pictures of it. Under the furniture it's the Cadillac of shotguns, yes, but on the exterior it looks like just another birdgun. That and until I get my own gun safe, it gets to stay in my father's. The combination to which, I do not know.

Finally someone with some real guns on this forum.

*sigh* possibly a little- :rtfm: maybe???

Its just a good idea considering the legal situation and what the powers that be would read into it if a massive airsoft site was advertising, promoting, or even being consistently associated with real guns (which are illegal where the site is `based`), and it is called Arnies Airsoft after all, remember? ;)

I'm sure there are plenty of places to hang out if you're into/own real steel guns. No-one minds occasional inclusions of them in pictures with airsoft stuff and things like that, but show a little common sense please :) Unless you take pleasure from potentially harming other people's hobbies and interests....

Classic Army M15A4 CQB :D

+ CA High-Silicone Switch Assembly for Handguard

+ Upgraded to around 405-410fps

+ G&P AN/PEQII Battery Case w/ 9.6v 3300mAh Battery

+ G&P Aimpoint Red-Dot Replica. w/ Canti-Lever Mount.

+ Dean Low Resistance Connectors ( Instead of Tamiya )

DSC03701.jpg

DSC03695.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03707.jpg

:D

*sigh*  possibly a little- :rtfm: maybe???

Its just a good idea considering the legal situation and what the powers that be would read into it if a massive airsoft site was advertising, promoting, or even being consistently associated with real guns (which are illegal where the site is `based`), and it is called Arnies Airsoft after all, remember?  ;)

I'm sure there are plenty of places to hang out if you're into/own real steel guns. No-one minds occasional inclusions of them in pictures with airsoft stuff and things like that, but show a little common sense please :) Unless you take pleasure from potentially harming other people's hobbies and interests....

X2

Here's a teaser picture for ya'll - bigger better version with different and improved layout, spacing, lighting, clearer angle etc. coming soon courtesy of the inestimable Mr. Shard :)

Spacing them properly meant they couldn't be fitted into one photograph (and I was up a ladder on the lawn :lol: ) so they are being stitched together for true greatness somewhen soon. In the meantime: here's (very nearly) my entire airsoft collection, including a red herring to make up for the absent G36C and USPc that are being upgraded -

000_2041.jpg

Spot the other intentional mistakes if ya like as well (ooh, cryptic...)