Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, just a quick point about groin protectors that was mentioned somewhere

As your femoral artery runs all the way down the thigh then the groin protector isn't designed to protect that, especially as the artery is further around the leg than the groin protector covers

The groin is an extremely sensitive area of the body (obviously lol) and a lot of blood goes through the area - three gueeses as to why :P , you can't survive very long if you get shot there, it's similar to getting shot in the stomach, things are very messy and painful but the result is the same, you die if you don't get surgery hence the purpose of the groin protector

Btw, that chest rig of yours scooberoo is the subject of my supreme envy - that's right, my envy's much much better than all of yours :P

Cheers guys, Rob

EDIT: just a bit more detail cause i'm bored, obviously as some guy up there mentioned ^ it protects the pelvis which is a high area of bleeding but also if it hits the centre of your pelvis then it'll more than likely snap which means no more marathons to say the least and there are a whole load of arteries down there as he said up there ^, they lead to the most powerful muscles after your heart, ie, your *albartroth* to be blunt and then thighs etc., it's the bottom of your spine which is filled with nerves,

To be honest after writing all this out i can't see why more rigs don't have them, torso wounds kill you but shots down there either have the same effect or paralyse you for life :blink:

ah well, my twopence anyways

Cheers Rob

Edited by RobbyC
Well, if you do, maybe Diamondback Tactical has the one you want, they've had them on blowout for a while.  Been considering one of these myself.

Oh ######, I'm gonna have to buy the comtac. The TCI Liberator is modified Comtac, I have to get that now, only question is if that comes with the PTT. If it doesn't then I have to hit the Lib II like it owes me money.

Will do, I think I might call Diamondback on that model. If it doesn't come with a PTT I might pass, however if I mount the radio on the front of my CIRAS I wonder if I need a PTT, any thoughts on that?

I might go with the TCI Liberator II because it's been recommended by a few people as well, and is digital noise reduction rather than electronic. But then again the LIB II does cost about 620 bucks for the set with proper PTT.

My big blue bag of plastic death.

Picture031.jpg

and whats in it

653ce813.jpg

phantom ciras

hsgi weesatch /w TT stuff

TT modular belt w/ TT dump and 6004

51d212c3.jpg

my old paraclete rav w/ tt pouches..i traded it for the phantom CIRAS and hsgi weesatch...yeah i know BLASPHEMY, but the replica ciras was actually more comfortable, lol

Edited by mrblah
Will do, I think I might call Diamondback on that model. If it doesn't come with a PTT I might pass, however if I mount the radio on the front of my CIRAS I wonder if I need a PTT, any thoughts on that?

I might go with the TCI Liberator II because it's been recommended by a few people as well, and is digital noise reduction rather than electronic. But then again the LIB II does cost about 620 bucks for the set with proper PTT.

I'm not familiar with what radio you may have. Basically, I'd be concerned about how easy it is to access the talk button on it, vs. having a remote PTT. Depending on where you're putting it, I can see accessing the button on the radio being near impossible, like if it's stuck in a pouch and the button is small. Personally, I wouldn't want to be fumbling around all the time trying to feel for the button. That's acceptable for someone that can't afford it, but as we all know, you can afford whatever you want. :P

Edited by Cali

This is my gear.

Random ALICE stuff and pouches, real kevlar PASGT helmet, standard woodland Army BDU's, CAM15A4 Carbine, TM FAMAS (dont really use it much)

P1040352.jpg

I know, I dont really have a "look" but it all works for me in the field. Criticize all you want :P

Edited by ad400317

TERRIBLE pics, I apologise. This must be near-complete now, I'd imagine.

Still no MICH, obviously. Thank god. :P

New gloves, new back-panel set-up (gone to using BDU pockets for storing random cr*p, at the expense of the Spectre GP Upright), Protec in play, new boots. Becuase I'll be using the pockets more, I'll be getting the BDU shirt RAID-modded (including a Mandarin collar, because they're HAWT).

I'll get much, much better pics tomorrow at Phoenix. Boots should get muddy/dusty, too :)

IMG_2807_copy.jpg

IMG_2808_copy.jpg

IMG_2805_copy.jpg

So yeah, on my 'to get' list is a RAID BDU shirt (or rather, get my existing one modded), a Bowman (I think), and possibly either one of those Emdom Baby-Utils (when they come back in stock), or a TAG Fanny Pack.

Say what you like about the trouser pockets, by the way, but this is the best way to run them - hanging over the kneepads (when they have stuff in, anyway). Gives you access to (most of) the pocket, and it's easy to access. Looks a little goofy but they don't get in the way, and who gives a <sex> anyway? If it works, do it.

This is the begining of my digital desert kit. Not showing my legs....because I was too lazy to get some pants on! :blink:

kit.jpg

Have pouches, lasus throat mic, knee pads, lanyard, and some magpuls on order/being shipped.

Still need some tan boots, holster/belt(tan/CB).