Armalite Picture Thread

It's been awhile since I posted anything in this thread :D

dsc4193gs0.jpg

dsc4190uo2.jpg

dsc4192co5.jpg

Neither of them is fully finished, but the C7A1 is really, really close now. It's recently received new handguards with aluminum heatshields (just like real-steel), and a metal G&P nozzle.

The Beryl will soon get an authentic flash hider, but... I won't go into detail, wrong thread ;)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread REALLY needs more long guns. It gets really boring looking at the same M4s page after page. When I mean long guns I mean as long if not longer than a 16 inch barrel. But that may just be me and my thoughts. Not saying I hate M4s, it just gets really boring looking at the same thing page after page. Heck, I would even deal with these shorty M4s like the compacts and CQBs. Ok, I'm done ranting and I feel much better now.

Are those parts supposed to be rust color? Nice guns though.

Well, the steel parts were blued, but then they caught rust over this fall. I've cleaned them with gun oil but camera flash still brings out the color, so I guess I'll just take things apart and clean them more thoroughly :)

It's a bit of a pain, but I've got what I wanted - damn realism :D

This thread REALLY needs more long guns. It gets really boring looking at the same M4s page after page. When I mean long guns I mean as long if not longer than a 16 inch barrel. But that may just be me and my thoughts. Not saying I hate M4s, it just gets really boring looking at the same thing page after page. Heck, I would even deal with these shorty M4s like the compacts and CQBs. Ok, I'm done ranting and I feel much better now.

Ask, and ye shall receive (repeat from MkI posts):

m15-1.jpg

Mobaar :D

Actually now that I look at it, it looks about what I'd expect from a war-torn Canadian C7 that has been in the freezing cold and covered in snow all its life.

You mean like this? :D

dsc4148dq3.jpg

dsc4125ac8.jpg

It's been out in a blizzard on the very day I took the photos shown previously. It was showing signs of rust since fall, though, and the winter brought out some white oxidation on aluminum parts like the front sight post and the handguard retainer ring. It's all cleaned up now, though.