Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, i was wondering if you guys can show me a gun with a medium length RAS with a CQB lengh outer barrel and a 200mm supressor installed

I know its pretty specific but it would be so cool if someone had one, +1's to whoever can show a picture

Porshe (sp???) bodies FTW!

Anyway, I noticed I hadn't posted any pics of my complete gun So, here are a couple of my plain jane M4. I'm getting an SRC RIS, ECHO1 PEQ, G&P AP with QD throw lever mount and a couple other things.

P3180061.jpg

P3180062.jpg

You can see in the last pic me showing my uber 1337 camera skillz lol.

check out my DBoys M4:

Image012-3.jpg

Image017-1.jpg

Image018-1.jpg

Image023-1.jpg

Image024.jpg

Image025.jpg

DBoys Full Metal M4a1

Custom fitted CA Lower Receiver [right on QUICK for the lower receiver, cant beat $35 delivered]

DBoys [Element] CASV-EL Vltor replica with trades [thanks again to nacho!]

King Arms Crane Stock

G&P Folding Front Grip

Inner barrel modified for CQB setup

WELL R6 chopped and painted rear sight

DBoys painted upper receiver

G&P Rebar Cutter flash hider

TM AP with full metal AP L mount

G&P SPR grip [on its way]

Systema Bucking

Systema M4 Nozzle

Stock internals for now

i have purchased the following upgrades for installation:

Prometheus poly carb reinforced piston head

Systema v2 spring guide with bearing

G&P polyacetal piston

Systema v2 Cyl. head

Systema shims

upgrades that need to be purchased:

CA 7mm oily steel bearings

matrix 6.035 310mm tightbore

pdi 170% spring

G&P full metal hop up

guarder or firefly bucking

the grenade launcher was a lil loose in the pics , so if it looks a lil off thats why and I didnt notice until I was done taking pics :blink: lolz

check out my thread about this gun on ASR: http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=32522.0

Edited by sin415
hey, i was wondering if you guys can show me a gun with a medium length RAS with a CQB lengh outer barrel and a 200mm supressor installed

I know its pretty specific but it would be so cool if someone had one, +1's to whoever can show a picture

Lucky that I have that exact set up on my CA M15 :)

img0265gm1.jpg

img0268ou4.jpg

G&P Medium RAS

Metal CQB length outer barrel

Laylax 200mm silencer

Thanks

Got bored and finally put an M4 upper together for my rifle

pict0393.jpg

I'd forgotten how short M4s are

PICT0391.jpg

I need to get a clearer/better pic of the M4 but the camera battery packed in :( I've also got a surefire to tape on but I've ran out of tape <_<.

Edited by evansy
eek, a $500 optic.

I LOVE IT.

looks better than the Eotechs.

how does it perform?

First, sorry for the poor pictures. I know the colors are way off...whatever.

Winner - EoTech. Worst - Trijicon.

The RX01 is just outdated (it worked fine at the time...no batteries required...neat). It performs poorly in bright light without the filter...poorly in low light with it. Some paralax causing loss of the dot at times. Filter is also difficult to remove. It is leaps and bounds better than the Sightron S33-3D, but it performs worst of the 3. Also, you can get it at show for less than $200 USD now.

From top to bottom:

Trijicon RX01NSN

Aimpoint M68/CompML2

EoTech 552

DSCF0010.jpg

Now Aimpoint fans...fair enough, it's decent with the flash kill. My main problem is that you have to cycle down through all the settings to get to NVG mode.

DSCF0012.jpg

Real Wilcox?

It's from Wilcoxind. It's NOT the best mount out there...I recommend LaRue Tactical LT-150 (personal best I've used for RS), much much better than Wilcox M68. If your on budget and don't need quick release, then get Wilcox. It's significantly lighter than any GG&G or KAC fix mounts.

I'd still put it above most mounts of it's type, but nothing surpasses LaRue. It's really just a collector's piece in my mind.

BTW Where is your MRP at dude?

I got my upper machined to accept a 1-piece hopup and the barrel chopped down to 10.5. It was fun

Yes, LaRue Tac makes incredible mounts...some of the best ever I have personally used (mostly .223 on RS).

It's done. Made a Defender lower from Zeke molds. Mine is two piece Guarder hopup and I don't see too much loss yet...probably not as good as one piece. I like using longer barrels; I try not to use lower than 407mm for 1J power. I use Prometheus 6.03 on my short AR (10.5) and it's NOT noticably in-accurate but, for long range...I don't know (my build is not the best...caught some piston leaks on my older gearboxes...too hard to catch)? Builders tell me not to go too short if you use the toy for more range at 1J.