Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Is that the STAR Clubfoot stock? If so, how is it?

It is. I like it. With the stocktube included it was a pain in the *albatross* to install. However I chenaged it with the guy I was installing with for I think it was a G&P tube.

The stock itselfs is nice, to bad for the STAR trades on it. Battery changing is not easy though.

Kitlist:

- G&P body custom engraving

- STAR replica VLTOR clubfoot

- CA M15A2 barrel

- EOTech 552

Finaly my project Diemaco C8A1 is finished!

Based on some C8's which the KCT uses.

Not sure I fancy the Thermold especially with a Magpul on it. It kind of makes me glad that the Canadians did away with the Thermolds in favor of the STANAGs, but I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Is that a 16" barrel you used on the C8? The gun itself looks hot! ;)

Not sure I fancy the Thermold especially with a Magpul on it. It kind of makes me glad that the Canadians did away with the Thermolds in favor of the STANAGs, but I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Is that a 16" barrel you used on the C8? The gun itself looks hot! ;)

Well, remeber this is the Dutch Diemaco, look at the trades ;-)

We, the Dutch, are also letting go of the thermolds, especially in Iray and A'stan.

I don't know how many inch the barrel is, it is just the standaard one :mellow:

Well, remeber this is the Dutch Diemaco, look at the trades ;-)

We, the Dutch, are also letting go of the thermolds, especially in Iray and A'stan.

I don't know how many inch the barrel is, it is just the standaard one  :mellow:

True. I guess you guys realized the tendency for the retaining tabs to break on the Thermolds?

I was just asking about the barrel because it doesn't look anything like an M4 Carbine barrel (14.5"), and I know that the M16 Carbines had 16" barrels and it looked dead on to one.

True. I guess you guys realized the tendency for the retaining tabs to break on the Thermolds?

I was just asking about the barrel because it doesn't look anything like an M4 Carbine barrel (14.5"), and I know that the M16 Carbines had 16" barrels and it looked dead on to one.

It looks to be a CA M15A2 carbine/tac carbine barrel with ris fitted, If you take a look at my M4 on the previous page I've got the same barrel just without the ris and that came off an M15A2 tac carbine.

It's been a looong time since I last posted in this thread. I was forced to sell my beloved beryl rifle (stupid life ;( ), but I gave my wife's C7A1 more attention. Finally, it's the final upgrade that I've been planning since last year!

Behold, a steel barrel. So, it pretty much has everything - a moving bolt which pops the ejection port open, firing mechanism axes in the lower receiver, custom Canadian C7A1 engravings, a steel outer barrel, a gas tube, aluminum heatshields on the inside of the handguards, top-notch mechanical components, brunished steel parts such as the barrel and the ejection port door, "colt gray" finish on the receiver instead of CA/WELL "toygun black" (which I dislike, although I have to admit CA's finish in the latest batches got much more realistic).

I'd officially call it 100% finished :)

dsc0004wu4.jpg

dsc0001gj0.jpg

dsc0006ju4.jpg

dsc0007dt2.jpg

dsc0003pv5.th.jpg

Edited by jonboy2312

Sadly, with the amount of hours I work, finding good daylight time to take some decent outdoor pics, is nigh impossible. :( So these pics will have to do for now.

My version of the VLTOR M4K so far with custom 12.5" barrel:

vltorm4k125inchyz7.jpg

The two piece steel outer barrel was originally made by Guarder. I bought an extra front section for the outer barrel which I had turned down and a new 14mm negative thread cut on the tip.

145and125inchesjj0.jpg

So now I can switch between a 14.5" length (traditional M4 length) and 12.5" length (VLTOR M4K length barrel) whenever I choose. :)

Still a work in progress though...

Repost Pic: (but with a new buddy ^_^)

G&P SR-16:

DSC02566.jpg

and a new gun....

TM M16-A2:

DSC02504.jpg

In The Picture:

-Tokyo Marui M16-A2

-1 Hi-cap

-1 Standard

-(i have 7 more G&P mids lol)

and 2 5.56 Black Magpuls....

Internally:

Shoots at about 510-520fps.....

-Cant say how though.... forum rules

-KM Precision Barrel

-Runs off a 10.8v 3800mah Battery w/ Deans Connectors

Externally:

-Made to look stock to so no-one will know its upgraded...

very sneaky!

But the sound its make's shooting... kinda gives it away.....

Gun is made for power and durability...

hence the 10.8 Battery.....

~mILILANIsHOOTER~

Team S.A.P.C.

visit us at www.team-sapc.org

It's been a looong time since I last posted in this thread. I was forced to sell my beloved beryl rifle (stupid life ;( ), but I gave my wife's C7A1 more attention. Finally, it's the final upgrade that I've been planning since last year!

Behold, a steel barrel. So, it pretty much has everything - a moving bolt which pops the ejection port open, firing mechanism axes in the lower receiver, custom Canadian C7A1 engravings, a steel outer barrel, a gas tube, aluminum heatshields on the inside of the handguards, top-notch mechanical components, brunished steel parts such as the barrel and the ejection port door, "colt gray" finish on the receiver instead of CA/WELL "toygun black" (which I dislike, although I have to admit CA's finish in the latest batches got much more realistic).

I'd officially call it 100% finished :)

That M9 bayonet looks menacingly long... :blink:

That M9 bayonet looks menacingly long... :blink:

LOL! It sure does, but it's not a real M9. It's a clone of unknown origin (probably Chinese), that flooded our bazaars and online auction services a year ago, selling for about ten bucks (yes, it's not a typo!)

The hilt and assembly are a perfect, dead-on copy of a real M9 (recast?), but the blade... now this is really weird. It's EXCELLENT steel. Thick. Sharp. Tough. But it lacks the pivot hole (as the bayonet comes with a leather sheath instead of the plastic/metal one that could serve as the other half for a wire-cutter combo) and is substantially longer. The blade is 21cm vs 17cm of the real M9 (the handle, as I said, is TOTALLY identical).

What's the weirdest part about the blade is that it's the shorter out of the two variations that were available. The other one had a blade FORTY CENTIMETERS LONG. Much like the old WW1 bayonets. Sadly, I can't find either kind anywhere anymore, and I only bought one.

If I knew they'd disappear as suddenly as they appeared, I would have bought several of each kind, keep two and make money selling the others off ;)

This is how it compares to a rubber replica M9:

dsc0010oc9.jpg

Of course I NEVER mount this thing when airsofting! It only serves engineering purposes of tree chopping, branch cutting, shelter building, food slicing and the like, as is only mounted for show when not actually playing and for promotional/demo purposes. That rule was only broken ONCE, with extreme care, for my own peace of mind in a lenghty 2-day scenario in a wild boar infested environment - I figured a C7 with this thing on would make a handy spear if stool hit the fan :D