Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small flat jewellers screwdriver or a thin walled tube inserted into the plug. Both will bend the two bards and allow you to pull the wire and metal plug free. Put some pulling force on the wire as you do so.

Take it to technical, plus do some searching.

Yes I plan on taking it to a tech this weekend. I got it almost all the way tightened down. But I can't get my front sight on. Damn TM barrels......

Anyway, here is my currently frontsightless TM M4 with VFC RAS, Surefrire OD G2 in G&P mount (not visible) Hero Arms AN/PEQ2, Unknown Vertgrip. Yes, It would look better with a AP on high mount (coming soon).

P7270315.jpg

I don't think it's referred to as a barrel nut when it's a FF RAS as in your case (if my eyes aren't deceived by that incredible resolution pic), not the traditional star toothed type anyway. Besides, I don't think an Armorer's wrench would even work with that.

Go to Sears, buy two metal handle strap wrenches, use one for the upper receiver and the other for the inner and outer rings, turn handles in opposing directions to tighten, keep one as it will come in handy, and give the other as a present to someone or return it.

My M16 that i built completely from extra parts i had around the house <_<

This was a tester as i am not overly fond of guns that have EVERYTHING painted. I just bought some OD and Black Krylon to do some mags and decided to see what it would look like solid OD with some black accent parts. but in looking at it now it seems just a bit too...plain, so i am looking for some advice :D .

please keep in mind that i live in washington where its green all year long so tan/desert will not work at all. i was thinking about dusting parts with some brown or doing some black tiger stripes but wanted to bounce some ideas with people here.

i will be whoring these pics across a couple of relevant picture threads so bear with me please :P kthnxbi!

Picture065.jpg

Picture062.jpg

mucho grassy *albatross* for any tips! :)

Thats reminds me. The other day I was trying to cover up my wires with paracord but I couldn't get my damn Tamiya connectors off. Anybody got any good ideas on how to get them off?

Get a Q-tip and snip the cotton off the end and you should be able to push the plastic tube over the pins which should squash the barbs in enough to pull the wire out. When your putting it back together clip the plastic part to a battery so you can see which wire goes where too. I've put them back in the wrong ones a few times before :rolleyes:

I actually quite like it. ^_^

Might have been best to leave the lower black, but looks good as-is as well.

Oh, and if you can, buy a M203 for it, and paint the handguards the same color. (Not the whole M203, just the handguards.)

-Vic

well i have an extra tm lower sitting around as well, maybe i'll spray it black and throw that on...

just thought of something, i could leave the body black and have the grip and mags OD (mags already are for a different m4) i have an extra CA black body sitting around as well, maybe i'll try that one on as well :D

i had an m203, it was awesome but not very practical for the games i usually play, but you're right, i think that would look awesome