Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, there are 2 types of tubes, Civvy, and MilSpec.

And yes, from what I can remember, TM tubes are MilSpec.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

-Vic

P.S. And a TM stock fits on a CA tube...so might CA be MilSpec as well?

Also:

And as for "Daft," I had to think about it before it made sense. Are you referring to "All ghillied up?"

Are you daft? Stay out of the mother *fruitcage* radiation!

Edited by Victory

Hey guys! I saw this picture somewhere in the sniper thread I think but I can't seem to find it again. Ever since I saw the M16 in the picture, I've wanted to make the same gun. The only problem is I can't find to seem to find a full length RIS rail for the M16, where the bottom comes off ( like in the picture ) so I could mount a grenade launcher. If anyone can help me out with any possible options/solutions to my problem I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks in advance, and nice guns guys!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/Fit...r14/M82a116.jpg

M82a116.jpg

Edited by Fitzmaster14

Interesting. I am thinking of buying an M16 of some kind but I was under the impression that the airsoft tubes were completly different to the RS tubes (hence the adaptors required for the Magpull stocks). This causes quite some confusion now. Or is it just the RS solid stocks that need an adaptor?

From my experience:

STAR - Commercial

Guarder - Commercial (as of 2004)

Marui - Mil-Spec

Systema - Mil-Spec

I have not worked with others (CA, G&G, etc.).

If you have ordered a mil-spec carbine stock, just simply use the original Marui buffer tube and no problems. Recently, a client had wanted a VLTOR receiver extension instead of the original Marui buffer tube. Now, why did he want this? Well, the VLTOR trade markings are nice. Also, the Marui lacks details around the castle nut, threads, etc.

First, I got a G&P buffer tube adapter (on the bottom of the photo). The only modification that needs to be done is to remove material off of the end of the receiver extension (on the left). If you have a shop, just use a chop saw and takes 1 second.

DSCF0010.jpg

The adapter is screwed down like you would a Marui tube. The screw in the end shown here screws down to the gear box inside the receiver. The adapter has threads on the end where the castle nut screws down. The neat thing is, that there is enough threads left on the castle nut so the buffer tube can be screwed into it.

DSCF0011.jpg

Finally, the receiver extension attaches over the buffer tube and screws down into the castle nut. I needed to grind down material off of the end of the buffer tube since the threads don't end quite perfectly when it was first cut...else, its not quite straight.

DSCF0012.jpg

The end result is a VLTOR mil-spec buffer tube attached to an airsoft receiver. There are other easy mods that can be done if you want the batteries in the stock or tube, but I think they've already been posted here. Hope this helps.

Edited by BaBaBooey

So any tube modeled after the marui, like the Guarder that says it is for Marui Stocks... Will fit a milspec stock, correct? Would king arms stock tubes fit marui stocks (therefore also fitting Milspec Stocks) like this one here

(excerpt from WGC)

http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/ka_acc_m405b.jpg

KA-ACC-M405B

- Number marking on stock tube. Marking shows through opening on stock.

- Includes caps for fitting 6 Position Stock / MOD Stock

- Suitable for M4 Series

Edited by Vercingetorix
So any tube modeled after the marui, say king arms, or the Guarder that says it is for Marui Stocks... Will fit a milspec stock, correct?

I'm not sure about King Arms.

I noticed Guarder does NOT say explicitly it will take Marui stocks, only that it can be assembled identical to the Marui and can be used on Marui receivers. The tube I purchased stated it will only take specific Guarder stocks (which are all commercial).

Bottom line is, anything prior to 2004, Guarder tubes are most definitely commercial. I have no idea about their newer ones.

Where could I find the Marui stock tube?

I should be able to dig some up...I'm positive I have a few lying around the shop. For the record, this Guarder buffer tube is NOT mil-spec although it says it is for Marui (the original Marui carbine stock will NOT fit over it). I guess the model number is "AD-04" purchased a few years ago; it would be nice to know if there is indeed a newer version that is mil-spec - would be grateful if anyone can confirm.

DSCF0014.jpg

Just checked, Guarder's model AD-10 is also commercial, NOT mil-spec. If your planning on using a mil-spec carbine stock, don't use Guarder's stock tubes. Your best bet is to get an adapter or use the original Marui stock tube.

Edited by BaBaBooey

Would you know of any other stock tubes that can be found on WGCshop.com that will fit? I am placing one gigantic order and would really like to keep it all in one place... I talked to the quite knowledgeable owner of Hotspotairsoft, in Long Island New York. I asked him if a Marui Colapsible stock would fit on a King Arms Buffer tube, and he said it should, after about four minutes, during which I believe he physically tried this out, I cannot know seeing as it was over the phone... So I may just go with a King arms tube...

Can anyone confirm if marui Stocks fit on King Arms?

Also how do I get the wire from the gearbox to fit straight into the buffer tube, without any of it peeking out? I realize I will have to borrow a dremel for this (my friend has one, I am getting one next month). I have a marui Plastic body, for the SR-16, and I need to get my Vltor on there with batteries in the stock...

Edited by Vercingetorix
does anyone have a pictureof a CASV with an eotech? i was thinking about getting an eotech but i dont know how it will look.

If you can hold on till mid january, I'll be able to get hold of my eotech and stick it onto my M4, which is complete with a CASV and CTR Stock. If you can't wait, then, you'd better hope someone else can post pics :P

Very nice, although the plastic flashider is not very appealing, stinky US of A retailers... New had that problem with the overseas retailers... How are the trades? Hope they aren't mutilated :( Once again beautiful, now if only they sold those front ends separate...

Well I do have a Knight's metal flash hider but it is threaded for 14mm-, and G&P guns are 14mm+... As for the trades they were left alone, except the "Knight's" on the URX RAS... Which got through customs with only a quick swipe of sharpie across it :huh:

dscf2449ad7.jpg

I am not sure what I want to use to take it off... I don't want to ruin it.

At least one of the main ones wasn't touched at all.

dscf2421qx2.jpg