Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the barrel length of the stubby? How's the accuracy? I'm curious because I'm in the process of building a M4 with a 7.5" Noveske Diplomat length barrel.

What's the barrel length of the stubby? How's the accuracy? I'm curious because I'm in the process of building a M4 with a 7.5" Noveske Diplomat length barrel.

I also have a shorty like that and i can say that the accuracy is on point the first 30-35m,after that,we talking about Spray&Pray...and note that my barrel is a tad longer...

Mine is mega loud,because of that short barrel+Noveske FH and of course because of the PDI 190%...

87269Unbenannt-6.jpg

48665UZI.jpg

Greetings

CALI SWANGIN

I also have a shorty like that and i can say that the accuracy is on point the first 30-35m,after that,we talking about Spray&Pray...and note that my barrel is a tad longer...

Mine is mega loud,because of that short barrel+Noveske FH and of course because of the PDI 190%...

Can you measure the barrel length for me? Thanks!

Outerbarrel on this one is 160mm...Inner ca. 180mm.

85558guf.jpg

66616Sort.jpg

A Kingarms 7" (180mm) FF is on its way to my house and will fit nicely all the way up to the Flashider.In fact it will cover the Flashider up to the Noveske marking,so you will only see the thicker part of the FH....Nice nice nice.... :D

Greetings

CALI SWANGIN

Nice Cali! That's what I plan to do when I get my barrel. Cut it down to a 7.5" barrel, with the Noveske FH on the end and a CASV which'll cover the majority of the FH.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=23461

Maybe? No idea about quality though.

Should be very good quality. I was hoping to get the 10.5" Madbull barrel and cut it down to a 7.5" barrel but my supplier can't get it to me so I might have to go with a King Arms M733 barrel and cut that down instead.

Nice Cali! That's what I plan to do when I get my barrel. Cut it down to a 7.5" barrel, with the Noveske FH on the end and a CASV which'll cover the majority of the FH.

Should be very good quality. I was hoping to get the 10.5" Madbull barrel and cut it down to a 7.5" barrel but my supplier can't get it to me so I might have to go with a King Arms M733 barrel and cut that down instead.

same here but with a silencer and no irons.

madbull makes a 7"

Thanks AverageAsian, I didn't even think about that. I'm thinking of building a M16A2 Shorty out of a JG M733 and that should work nicly.

No it won't. Dissipator setups require full-length M16A2 handguards. That's NOT the M16A2 shorty you're likely thinking of. I'm not sure if this barrel is compatible with the setup you're looking at, and although Redwolf notes the carbine-length gas system and full-length front sight post, it does not mention if this barrel allows for that setup.

The inner barrel length is 155mm. The accuracy is good for its length, fix the hop-up and it can shoot around 70 to 80 feet accurately.

No it won't. Dissipator setups require full-length M16A2 handguards. That's NOT the M16A2 shorty you're likely thinking of. I'm not sure if this barrel is compatible with the setup you're looking at, and although Redwolf notes the carbine-length gas system and full-length front sight post, it does not mention if this barrel allows for that setup.

I'm not making a dissipator. I'm making an A2 shorty using the notches for the M4 length gas tube (I'll be using M4 handguards since the JG M733 IIRC uses M4 handguards so it won't be exactly accurate).

Like this is what I want to build.

Just came in...30mins ago... :P

G&P SR-16 URX Shorty

Greetings

CALI SWANGIN :bye1:

Heh, I got the same SR16 in today. And I'm working on installing my MUR, but I forgot that I need that darn URX tool to get the rail off... I'll probably make one myself, 'cause there's no way in hell that I'm going to spend 50$ on a simple iron tube :P

The inner barrel length is 155mm. The accuracy is good for its length, fix the hop-up and it can shoot around 70 to 80 feet accurately.

Thanks! So about 6 inches. Well I decided to buy a Prometheus 208mm 6.03 EG Inner Barrel. That'll make it about 8"+ inner barrel. Hopefully the Madbull Noveske KX3 will cover up the extra half inch of excess inner barrel (otherwise I'll cut it down myself). My VLTOR low profile gas block is already on its way as is another part which I'm keeping as a surprise. :)

Heh, I got the same SR16 in today. And I'm working on installing my MUR, but I forgot that I need that darn URX tool to get the rail off... I'll probably make one myself, 'cause there's no way in hell that I'm going to spend 50$ on a simple iron tube :P

I was wondering about that. I knew that the SR-25 front sets required that tool. I had a feeling the shorter URXs would too. Kinda sucky.