• Kimbers (ditto to above)
    • FAMAS
    • Mac 11/10
    • L85
    • F2000

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything that tries to be a G3 but isn't, including the M16.  You put an M203 or a bipod and a suppressor and a scope on an M16, however, and you got yourself a beauty.

The M16 like a G3? I hate to break it to you, but the M16 1) came from an Armalite design, 2) has nothing internally comparable to the G3, and 3) they don't even look like each other. Hate to break it to you, but the only recourse you have on saying that is that the G3 came out a couple years earlier than the technical M16. However, the first Armalite that the US Army used came out in around 1950 I believe, where as the G3 came out in 1959 :)

What the hell? How can you say Kimbers are ugly.  They're pretty much just Colts with different trades.  It's like saying Romanian AK's are ugly but Russian ones are fine.

I think the main reason people dislike Kimbers (and I don't, I think they're amazing) is that they come almost pre-upgraded compared to a Colt M1911. The beavertail, newer sights, different grips and (I don't know why someone would have a problem with this, but they do) 'Kimber' written in that lettering on the slide. And the false idea some have that Kimbers are always stainless garbage...

edit

And about Glocks: They're meant to work, not be pretty. And since all airsoft pistols have about an equal chance of jamming (since they're not actually using different caliber bullets) I have no idea why people buy them. Maybe since they're in movies.

Oh, and I voted P90. Although it was close between that and the AUG.

It's not in the list, and there isn't an airsoft version of it, but come on, how has anyone not mentioned the OICW?

*shudders*

EDIT: Oh, and I voted for AUG's. I find they are, like the P90 and Marmite, a love/hate thing. I love the look of the P90, but whenever I see an AUG it makes me think that the designers blew most of their time and money on the stock, and the nearer they got to the front, the more they had to rush things :)

I had to vote for the Mac 11/10 for a purely mechanical reason....stupid jamming POS!!!!

IMO the Glock is about the sillyist looking pistol out there.  Now the P99, thats a hammerless gun I can get behind!!!! :D

MAC10 is specific. And when it's well lubed and warm... It's cool as the devil himself.

But Glocks? Aw *fruitcage*, who designed such an unproportional, blocky, fugly gun?

Armalites aren't ugly. They're just overrated. And P90 isn't ugly, it's just plain unwieldy.

Form follows function.

Pretty much every gun was designed for a practical purpose and, to that end, most of them fulfill that role perfectly.

Although the P90 and F2000 might not be to everybodies taste, they're designed for a purpose. Specifically, it's become apparent that guns such as M16s and MP5s can snag on kit and surroundings. The new FN guns (as well as the XM8) are designed to be more slippery so you're less likely to get tangled up with it.

Also, I guess FN are having the last laugh, given that they're the only rifles of military origin that can be sold in the USA under current laws.

If you want ugly guns then you really need to look to sci-fi and anime. It baffles me why anybody would want one of the WGC replicas. What, for example, is the advantage of a gun which is, basically, an M9 but with 3kg of fibreglass bolted on and twice the size?

Archived