• FAMAS
    • Mac 11/10
    • L85
    • F2000

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the G36c, yes...eeeeeeeeeeeeew.

but i think the G36 and G36k are very good looking.

notice how no-one has come to the F2000's defence in the looks department.

and i'm astounded only 2 more people voted for the F2000 than the P90, the P90 is damn good looking AND practical (something the F2000 cant manage)

it can be done pretty speedily if youre used to it. and it wont snag or knock on the gound like other bullpups.

plus for practicality cou cant argue with: fully ambidexerous, impossible to snag magazine, pretty good mag capacity, small frame with fairly long barrel, low recoil etc etc

M4 series (the rest of the M16s look fantastic in my opion, especailly the A1)

PAPOP (or whatever its called, you know, that French OICW thingy)

But nothing on that list really. Sure, Glocks are rather dull, but I wouldnt say that they're ugly, P90s and AUGs are nice in thier own fururistic way, and the others all look fairly good anyway (I'm not prepared to damn all armalites just becuase the M4 looks disgusting)

lol reading through the thread.....anyone notice the cultural bias? :P

ALOT of the armalite fans are from the US

and ALOT of those that don't like the L85 are from...the US

and those that like the L85 seem to be fellow brits :)

Ahh patriotism lol

<_< lol

L85s and P90s are hot! Final Word! lol

Armalites + glocks + F2000 are just wrong. :P

and P90s can be reloaded just as quickly as any other rifle if you're used to it

Form follows function.

Pretty much every gun was designed for a practical purpose and, to that end, most of them fulfill that role perfectly.

Although the P90 and F2000 might not be to everybodies taste, they're designed for a purpose. Specifically, it's become apparent that guns such as M16s and MP5s can snag on kit and surroundings. The new FN guns (as well as the XM8) are designed to be more slippery so you're less likely to get tangled up with it.

Also, I guess FN are having the last laugh, given that they're the only rifles of military origin that can be sold in the USA under current laws.

If you want ugly guns then you really need to look to sci-fi and anime. It baffles me why anybody would want one of the WGC replicas. What, for example, is the advantage of a gun which is, basically, an M9 but with 3kg of fibreglass bolted on and twice the size?

First, we're talking about looks only here.

+1 on the anime guns... ugh. I can see how someone, not me, but someone could like the F2000, but there's no word to describe how ugly some of those are. MN-23s included.

Ahh patriotism lol

<_<  lol

and P90s can be reloaded just as quickly as any other rifle if you're used to it

I would like a l85 over a m-16 and im from the states :P

All of the guns are OK by me, EXCEPT Armalites shorter than M16's. Despicable. I own an AUG, and I've grown on it, but L85s look too boxy and delicate(I've heard the real ones' foregrips and stuff break off) and Glocks are bland, but still fine by me. FAMAS's look pretty cool in my opinion, as well as Kimbers, now those are sexy pistols.

My top ugly guns include:

1. G3SAS - urgh! Mother of God that thing is ugly! Thank God that it doesn't exist in real steel.

2. AK-47 B-Spetnez - looks like an AK-74SU wannabe with a 7.62x39 mm mag and solid stock. Looks very ungainly.

3. FAMAS - too plastic looking.

4. XM8 - a G36 raped to the extreme.

5. P90 - the king of plastic.

6. ArmaLites - too delicate looking.

Armalites can look ok, but the shorter they get and the more that gets bolted on the worse they get.

Most people here show just how much of a marmite thing the bullpup design is, personally I love the L86 LSW, probably because it was the first fully automatic real gun I ever fired.

I'd have to say that pistols can look mush nicer than riffles ever can, some of the custom 1911s and 2011 look incredible, glocks and USPs will always look ugly, but are very good at what they do.

And anyone who finds a p90 unwieldy must have deformed hands or something, its one of the most natural to hold and ergonomic guns out there.

I hate:

Most M16/M4 series guns

M14's with any sort of RIS/RAS system on it

CZ75

Glock 34

I think P90's and AUG are teh sechs because they are so practical and easy to work on, and P90's look awsome.

FN2000 I'm not crazy about...

Ahh patriotism lol

<_<  lol

I would like a l85 over a m-16 and im from the states  :P

And I would always choose an armalite (And I do truely hate them) over an L85, I'm a brit, can't stand either but out of the two I would always go for an armalite.

Even being the AUG lover that I am, I find the AUG Para 9mm to be utterly hideous.

Me too! I fell in love with the AUG at first sight but hated the para.

L85 is another ugly gun IMO although it looks solid and meaty unlike the M16/4. At least it doesn't get raped with stickle brick like the ar-15.

Another thing I hate is the surefire foregrip for the G36 series. The colour is terrible and it looks like it was moulded out of play-dough.

I also need to come to the defence of the F2000. I agree that the grenade and shotgun foregrips are ugly but in its plainer form with the standard handguard and optic or top rail then it has the lines of a ferrari. :)

How can you not love armalites? Sure, many people have them, but thats because they are one of the best guns of all time, and our military uses them. I think full sized glocks are ugly, but the compact ones are actually very nice.

Nicest:

Armalites

Compact USP

Any 1911

Ugliest:

L85

AUG

P90

anything that looks like a P90

XM8

Archived