What from WE....LOL

fnc

The Pulse Rifle is THE sci fi gun. Between that and Deckard's istol but I bet more people would recognise the former. 

Some of these movie prop choices are quite bizarre, I suspect it's down to what prop companies had and it's way cheaper to put bits onto blank firing guns instead of building one from scratch. This is a film based in space, oh I know, WW2 guns. Mauser, MG34, Sterling L2A3 in Star Wars, and a Thompson (at least they dressed it more, unlike SW) in Alien.  

Yeah availability is one thing but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a conscious aesthetic decision... just old enough not to be immediately recognisable (as compared to like an m16 etc) but also that star wars riffed off loads of old films including ww2 films... I think they used scenes from the dambusters and other to illustrate the space dogfights before they had been filmed.

fwiw this bloke put an APS shotty in a pulse rifle... looks fun!

more details on his facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/AliensPulseRifle/photos/?ref=page_internal

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, who would want colt juniors?  Even if it was made to airsoft spec, power would be much to low for skirmishing.

TBH it will be fun for a .22s conversion though.

Still waiting for the WE PPK.  I would sell all my other pistols if I could have a combat effective PPK.

Some of these movie prop choices are quite bizarre, I suspect it's down to what prop companies had and it's way cheaper to put bits onto blank firing guns instead of building one from scratch. This is a film based in space, oh I know, WW2 guns. Mauser, MG34, Sterling L2A3 in Star Wars, and a Thompson (at least they dressed it more, unlike SW) in Alien.

IIRC the props companies and armourers for both star wars and aliens were UK based, WW2 weapons were simply what they had in large quantities. Aliens did use some more modern stuff, the flame throwers are largely made of bits of M16 and M203, and if you look closely the weapons racks on board the Sulaco have M16s and L85 rifles (though I suspect that the M16s were MGC replicas).

I am very excited by the baby colt, this must happen. It also shows that WE do listen to customers. Now... APS stechkin with wire stock and silencer :-D

some test firing video...enjoy it  :D  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeRyiE-PERs&feature=youtu.be

Oh my.

I never actually thought anyone would make a GBB Colt .25, there aren't many pistols I actually want for myself but that is a must have. *Throws HFC .25 NBB in the bin*

Weirdly I was looking at the HFC for a project recently.  This WE is perfectly timed.  How much do we reckon?  $30-40?

I'd guess double that, WE magazines are typically around $20 alone so I can't see them selling a complete pistol and magazine for $10 - $20 more even if it is small, I can't see the R&D and tooling costs being much less than their other pistols.

Much less than the Makarov. I mean, that thing is tiny! (also less the cost of a silencer/barrel extension) Their recent P99 goes for around $70 so I would guess this Colt will go for around as much.

Edit:

Ooor they realize just how many people are excited about it and charge upwards of $100, in which case, I still won't complain, really.

I've been waiting for a GBB Colt .25 for ages now. Like RC, I'll take two of these.

Don't like the snail mag, but it's OK, I only use the smaller one.

And as far as skirmishing one of these, it's like with the Derringer. They call it the "Ego Killer" :)

Now, if that M41A turns out to be real, GBBR with a functioning shotgun (I'll take tri-shot spring innards please...) then OMG!! Make it NOW!

Archived