Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

We got ours in and gave everyone a good once over and put two mags through everyone. They all chrono'd around the 328-ish mark. The highest was 340 and the lowest 300. We had some that had some strange issues taking magazines. Nothing to do with the mag catch. Seems to be an issue with the magazine interfacing with the hop unit.

Ours will ALL ship tomorrow. Remaining units we have will be added on the website for ordering soon :)

(Still in the shop finishing it all off!)

Scott

You Sir are a Gentleman.

Hope you managed to get to sleep in the end, if there shipping what is now today does that mean it will be arriving Friday? My Wife is working from home today (Thursday) and I got shafted and have to work this Friday now, mind you I could pick it up from the delivery guy's on Saturday.

Excited now :D In a stictly manly way of course! :P:D Nothing perverted.

Cheers

Rich

Edited by rwoodcock01
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they're tested blow back n all :)

And they will be with you tomorrow. The reason they didn't leave yesterday was that a few showed some strange issues. We litterly pulled the entire delivery (that was all packed and labelled to go) rather than run the risk that someone would get something faulty.

Note that it seems that none of this batch have grub screws for the cocking handles. We are getting these in and they'll be sent out to anyone who needs them. It's a standard 2mm grub. A bit of lock tight would do the same job mind you.

Regards

Scott

(very little sleep)

Yeah that and some of the British Army ration pack energy drink :D thunder bunny!!!

LOL

Try eating coffee beans, used to do that in my youth when I was on my deployments, Proplus used to knock me out to much, used to be coffee NATO (black with two sugars in my day) with a fag and munch on some coffee beans.

Those ones you can get with chocolate get rid of the bitter taste, but I always liked eating coffee beans.

Thankfully gave up smoking but still addicted to caffine, not supprising I ended up as a techie in IT hiding in the server room, surfing the net, oops sorry working! :P:D

Cheers

Rich

I put the systema tight bore barrel in the gun last night.

after close inspection and comparing the 2 barrels i dont think the stock one is a tight bore. i used the blue tac method, take an imprint of one barrel and then the other directly over the top, it seems to work quite well.

the barrel was the easiest i have ever changed, pull the reciever pin out at the back, slide the 2 halves of the receiver apart and seperate, disconnect the wiring plug and bingo the barrel and hop slide straight out of the upper reciever.

the hop up and rubber look pretty good, the stock barrel was a bit grubby but not too bad.

a word of warning though, on top of the gearbox there is a little tiny spring that is part of the blowback mech, i nearly lost mine, its very small and i didnt realise it was there until i stuck my finger in a lump of grease.

All the internal screws were all nice and tight and everything slid back together nicely.

I havent had time to test it with the new barrel, it was very accurate at short range with the stock barrel, where ever i aimed it seemed to hit spot on and i didnt have to adjust the sights at all :).

the gun seems better every time i use it :)

Edited by falconfour4

My gun has hit a UPS type problem,it's held up at Customs/UPS Richard Turpin central.I'm having to email all the neccessary information over to them but it looks like a lot of rsovs packages have been stopped mine included.The way it looks is they are going to charge me duty on everything including the postage & packaging so i expect to have to pay out a further £22 in duty.At tht price & with a years warrenty it looks like i should have bought from the UK.This is the second time i've dealt with UPS & it looks like i'm about to get Royally shafted again.

You can take it from me,my Dummy has been well & truley spat out & i'm taking my Ball & going home :angry:

If all the information i provide is ok i can expect a Richard Turpin fan boy to deliver my parcel in the next 24-48 hours{so Monday then :rolleyes: }

:gun::jason2: I'm in a vewy vewy bad mood!

Edited by rolling-thunder
Yeah they're tested blow back n all :)

And they will be with you tomorrow. The reason they didn't leave yesterday was that a few showed some strange issues. We litterly pulled the entire delivery (that was all packed and labelled to go) rather than run the risk that someone would get something faulty.

Note that it seems that none of this batch have grub screws for the cocking handles. We are getting these in and they'll be sent out to anyone who needs them. It's a standard 2mm grub. A bit of lock tight would do the same job mind you.

Regards

Scott

(very little sleep)

I think i will speak on behalf of all the LWA customers when i say thankyou! I've never had a retailer go to so much trouble and provide such good reliable communication.

My gun has hit a UPS type problem,it's held up at Customs/UPS Richard Turpin central.I'm having to email all the neccessary information over to them but it looks like a lot of rsovs packages have been stopped mine included.The way it looks is they are going to charge me duty on everything including the postage & packaging so i expect to have to pay out a further £22 in duty.At tht price & with a years warrenty it looks like i should have bought from the UK.This is the second time i've dealt with UPS & it looks like i'm about to get Royally shafted again.

You can take it from me,my Dummy has been well & truley spat out & i'm taking my Ball & going home :angry:

If all the information i provide is ok i can expect a Richard Turpin fan boy to deliver my parcel in the next 24-48 hours{so Monday then :rolleyes: }

:gun:  :jason2:  I'm in a vewy vewy bad mood!

Bad luck dude :(

its a bit strange its come by UPS, all my RSOV guns have come through Parcel force and i have never had one stopped for customs charges.

you must be really unlucky.

the wait will be worth it though, trust me :)

I found how ARMY got the FPS down without buggering the piston!

In the G&G, due to the piston and gears having a much longer travel - the sector gear has about 220deg of teeth, unlike 180degs for a standard TM style gear - if the RoF was increased (say, the spring downgraded from the stock 400fps) the Piston would get caught on it's forward stroke by the sector gear - as there is a much smaller window due to the teeth.

I realised this, as in HK there are precious few reports of bad G&G L85s, as most people keep them stock or UPgrade the power - in which case the piston goes forward faster and clears the gears easily.

Now, in the ARMY, they used 8mm bushings. NOT bearings. Bushings.

This reduces the RoF. Also, the wiring is not quite so good, and so the piston, with a ~1J spring, clears the gears, as they don't spin as fast now, compared to the G&G.

Edited by DarkLite
I think i will speak on behalf of all the LWA customers when i say thankyou! I've never had a retailer go to so much trouble and provide such good reliable communication.

I`ve just received an Email from LWA. My R85A1 is winging its way via courier to me as you read this- Yaaaayyyy!!

This is the first time I`ve dealt with LWA and trust me it won`t be the last- :D

I`m not saying this just because I`m getting the AEG I`ve longed for for ages before other suppliers could get it to me but because Scott and his team are friendly,with outstanding communication and are the most helpfulAirsoft retailer I have come across so far.

Hip,Hip,Hoorah! :D

Will recommend you very highly to my Airsofting mates. ;)

Hooray! Received order despatch email from LWA aswell, R85 is on it's way and I can't wait! Thanks again Scott! Will def be recommending your company to my airsofting friends , great comms & very helpful service!

All I need to do now is work out how the hell I'm gonna fit my Star rail in place of the factory fitted 20mm rail (new Susat waiting to be fitted)! Any solutions/idea's or same experience greatly appreciated.

Not long now...!

I've just checked my parcel tracker & after 3 days there's a change.I phoned UPS so many times today i'm on first name terms with Heather who works there :huh:

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point

7-Jul-2007 17:01 Pick Up Service

Date # Location Delivery Status

7-Jul-2007 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.

7-Jul-2007 Hong Kong Processed for departure.

7-Jul-2007 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 8-Jul-2007

7-Jul-2007 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 8-Jul-2007

9-Jul-2007 United Kingdom Arrived and is being processed.

9-Jul-2007 United Kingdom Pending customs inspection.

12-Jul-2007 United Kingdom In transit.

Huston,we have movement.I still haven't picked up the rattle i threw out of my cot this morning over the whole incident but i'm feeling good enough after my Chicken Chowmein supper that i might break open a bottle of Dog later :D

Edited by rolling-thunder