3 x Magnifier

mustang_to

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$110?!

Can someone explain to me how a 3x scope, without crosshairs, costs more than 5 times as much as a 4x scope with crosshairs?

It is meant to use with a eotech or aimpoint, you put it behind the sites on the proper risers and you can then see the red dot through the scope. This gives you a magnified optic that can be quickly removed to turn the optic into a 1x cqb site. For $110 it is worth considering. The real issue is the price of a proper swivle mount is the same as the optic its self.

Well for that money you could always buy yourself a real ACOG..

Real ACOGs are upwards of $1k. :huh:

Although I honestly don't understand why optics cost so much either. It's not like they're lined with gold or something...

Still interesting, though isn't there something similar already out there?

Quality, quality, still quality. We also carry ACOG clone and we compared the optical quality between these two. The new 3xmagnifier is much better. And ACOG clone is not shock-resistent.

What would you mean by "much better"? What's exactly better? Does the optic absorbs more light? Eye relief length? Field of view? We would want more detailed spec for that price.

Although I honestly don't understand why optics cost so much either. It's not like they're lined with gold or something...

Still interesting, though isn't there something similar already out there?

Well, they might just be that. The problem with optic are that you need perfectly cut lenses that is properly treated with a metal coat. The price in optic (the same thing with prescription glasses) is closely related to quality. Here we talk light transmission, contrast and sharpness. Most cheep optics also tends to have quite a lot of fisheye effect which it not what you want in an aiming device. Parallax is also an issue on most cheep scopes. So all in all, the price paid for quality optics need to match your needs. For airsoft use it is not that important as our weapons are not that precise any way. But there are a reason why people like myself has paid around 2.5K$ for the optics on our hunting rifles.

Yes, I believe that STAR has a 3 x 28 magnifier on the marked also, priced at around 80$.

Very nice, now we have both the Aimpoint produced 3x (from STAR), and the L-3 EOTech 3x... the next question is who will be the first to make a reliable FTS (Flip to Side) mount that copies the look of the L-3 / Samsun ones out there?

Good Stuff :)

Very nice, now we have both the Aimpoint produced 3x (from STAR), and the L-3 EOTech 3x... the next question is who will be the first to make a reliable FTS (Flip to Side) mount that copies the look of the L-3 / Samsun ones out there?

Good Stuff :)

The STAR one actually looks like an EOTech 3x (slightly), and this one should be a clone of the Aimpoint one.

I might put one of these on my 416 if I have 110 bucks to kill... in otherwords, "Her her her... NO." My Girlfriend eats all my money (and I still love her, she's the greatest) so I hanv't exactly got 110 bucks laying around to spend on this. I'm going to have to go with my standard aimpoint and hope for the best. Besides, I can't really hit anything at ranges; my barrel is only 10.5 inches.

~Floyd

The STAR one actually looks like an EOTech 3x (slightly), and this one should be a clone of the Aimpoint one.

This one is actually a replica of the L-3 Eotech Magnifier though...

The Aimpoint and L-3 ones don't look that different either way. Still both great pieces of kit, and I look forward to seeing how the construction fairs against the STAR one, as STAR use an all metal assembly which is superb.

Sounds good - especially as i was recently toying with the idea of buying the real one... ;)

The flip-mount's the important bit for me though - when it's out, i'll be on this product quicker than flies on a fresh dung-heap :D

What Janno said.

The flip mount is essential to make this a really useful tool, and without it I would not bother spending any money on it. Also, at this price the real one is almost worth buying (albeit at 3x the price). Include the flip mount at this value and you will be selling them like candy.

Archived