One Can Never Have Too Much Ammo

Murph

yeah. 9 highcaps is pretty excessive, but oh well. i might not play with you, but who cares? anyways, i detest high-caps, but tolerate mids, i guess. i just like realism, hence i use low-caps. and i'm not against large amounts of ammo. if i could buy 30 low-caps for my G3 and find a way to carry them, i would. because i imitate mercs, so they would carry as much ammo as they could. but i'm stuck with 15.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It still only takes the BB with your name on it to take you out hehe

Well..... Here we go

Armalite... One HiCap 300 rounder that came with the gun, if i can bumb my friends 190round VN Hicap I use it too, HOWEVER i'm buying a box or two of the CA 130 round Midcaps and I plan on only carrying 8 mags into combat and maybe the rest in an assault pack or something. I also only plan on purchasing 4 of the pistol magazine styled loaders and using them. The mags would only be filled up with one of the speedloaders then i'd stop and not fill them up the rest of the way. I'm a staunch Semi Auto only user, i've been getting used to not having much ammo.

M14... well since the gun shoots 530fps with .20's I only carry 5 G&G Standards :)

Thompson... Two 420 round HiCaps because thats all I've got and damn does this last forever in semi....

Warrior1.... two 32 round magazines because thats all it can use....

Armalite : 720ish rounds

M14: 340ish rounds

Thompson: 840ish rounds

Warrior1: 64ish rounds

Most of the time I only roll around with 1 midcap in the gun, and 4 midcaps in my chest rig...loading about 2/3 or half the speedloader....will usually get me through most of the day, and when I do have to reload I just throw a hicap in cause I'm lazy. I don't usually shoot unless I know I can hit the person, so I don't constantly pop bb's downrange.....it's all about ammo conservation.

I typically run my M14 setup with 8 standard mags, including the mag in the rifle. When I run AK, I carry 10 Mag mids including the mag in the gun.

For pistols, I take 5 mags for my single stack WE 1911, and 2 for my M9. When I choose to use the M203, I carry 3 shells with me. I don't think I ahve ever run out of ammo..save one time when we played a non-stop 4 hr game, and I had to stop and bunker down to reload..and it wasnt easy..trying to refill mags whilst being shot at can be one heck of a challange

Along with all the ammo, I also carry an "m4" speedloader and a (half) bag of bb's.

I just don't see the point in highcap mags. They rattle, and make too much noise..and they are just not realistic. A realistic loadout is around 300 rounds in reality, sometimes less..thats only 10 mags..not a whole lot.. I don't know about all you guys, but part of the fun for me is in the realism..but don't get me wrong, the "first full auto experience" is always fun..even if it is with a highcap..'czu we all know that the first thing we do when ya get a new gun is chage the battery, load up whatever mag it came with, and in most cases, its a highcap, and just go unload in the backyard for some plinking fun..

It just frustrates me when people brag about how they "held down the fort", but all they use is a highcap..Where's the skill and tactics?..Anyone can spray-and-prey.. In reality, you'r mag only holds 20-30 rounds for mosr assault rifles..even our standard mags hold more then that..capping at 60-80 rounds for a standard..and 100-150 for a midcap. That is more than you will ever need. If it takes you 600 bb's to get a few kills, then you need some practice in aiming.

Above all that, not using highcaps also teaches a huge lesson in conservation. I have been on the same bag of bb's for 4 op's now, and there is still around a thousand rounds left....And part of the fun is being in the midst of a huge firefight and get to the "dam, my mag just ran dry" feeling, and ya gotta swap out for a new mag...

Anyone can shoot, but not everyone can do it accurately.

Now, the comliment saying of:

"You can never have too many mags"

...Is ALWAYS true.. :D

I carry 900 rounds (3xhi-cap - one in my AEG, 2 in pouches). Even though my M4 and P90 can shoot 30rps/40rps respectively, a hi-cap lasts me 2-3x 15min games so I don't really switchout my extra hi-caps in a game.

My team used to enforce a 700 cap limit for all our games to make players more strategic but we lifted it. After lengthy discussions, we felt it was unfair to force tactics onto an individual. We can only encourage ppl to employ tactics instead of "spray 'n pray", but airsoft is afterall a game and we didn't feel it right to "tell" ppl how to play.

The only factor I may object to a full loadout are to encourage those to pay more attention to their hits. I just see a high correlation that players with full loadouts are also those who least to feel their hits. Again, this is a correlation that I've observed and ppl can form their own conclusions - different topic altogether.

4 M4 hi-caps, it's pretty rare I'll shoot through a 2nd mag in game. The 4th is actual a reserve mag.

Though I was once in a game where some guy on the opposite team fired of 8 G36 hicaps in a single game. We may not be milsimmers down at our site but we got a kick out of that one :)

It really depends on how biased the site is, if you turn up and everyone has box mags you're in for a hard time if you only packed real-caps. But turn up to a site with some hi-caps and everyone is using low or real-caps you're branded an idiot or 'n00b'.

though the old adage is true: you can never have too much ammo; the more you have the more you shoot :)

Hrmz, around here most people use high caps

When using my M4, I have 6x hicaps

I have an order of 5 S-ARMS midcaps on the way though, i'll probably use those + 2-3 hicaps in reserve somewhere at least at first.

O, then my USP and two mags.

If I feel really desperate, my Uzi with one hicap on my back

For my lighter rifleman loadout, I only pack 6 mids and one in the gun. For my direct action/gunner loadout, I pack 10+ mids and a couple hicaps for when the SHTF (or, if I'm a gunner, a couple spare boxmags, just in case one or more of my boxes go down). I always have 3+1 pistol mags on me as well as 1 speedloader.

I don't see a correlation between hicaps and spray-and-praying.

I do, however, see a correlation between DRUM MAGS ON GUNS THAT ARE NOT LMGS and spray-and-praying.

It's the strangest thing. Give a friend a M249 with a 5000rnd boxmag and they fire in short bursts. Give the same guy an AK beta with a 5000rnd drum mag and he glues the trigger to the grip.

lol, all the more reason why drum mags shouldnt exist for rifles. :D

My DA kit can carry up to 16 midcaps and five pistol magazines.

My normal rifleman loadout is 9 total primary magazines 3 total pistol magazines.

I do however carry a bottle of bb's in a GP pouch and a speedloader in a pistol magazine pouch on me just in case.

For the P90 I carry 5 Magazines, one in the Gun, and three Low (68 BB) and one HiCap (300? BB) in Reserve. They usually last me trough our three Hour Games, I almost never use the Hicap.

For my SCAR I'll get three Vietnam Style Hicaps, which should be enough as well. I don't like to carry > 4 Magazines, especially since I only use a Beltkit. Hicaps -> Less Bulk, more BB. :D

I stated I use either 9 M4 Hicaps (9x350=3150) or 5 AK hicaps + 1 drum (5x500 + 3000 = 5500) .... I spend most of my ammo on surpressive fire.

To each their own, but given the fact that you're using your AEG as a SAW, 3,000 rounds seems about right for a day's worth of play.

Then again, I've seen people burn through two bags of Excel Bios (+3,000 rounds) in less than 30 minutes of play at my CQB site.

Just FYI, I use 7 MAG mids, and 10 STAR mags for my M4. I burn through 1,000 rounds a match, and I find myself wanting to carry more MAG mids.

Archived