Weapon damage

Spartan452

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just skirmished with my new SR and with all the dirt and stuff on it, it looks awesome. good for picture

though i still worry about my plastic bodied gun. i dont want to have to explain to the shop why im giving them a gun in multiple pieces

I've used my VFC AKS74 every game since i got it (about a year ago), it has lots of markings and various dents and scrapes where its been hit. By the end of the day when its dirty as well it looks very realistic, after i clean it when i get home with WD40 (you have to use this or the gun will rust ;) ) it goes back to looking like a toy (sort off). Morale of story, battle wear owns!

However i also scraped some paint off my glock 18c and personally dont like it as i prefer Glocks shiny out of the box and would like to restore this, i'll let you know how it works if this thread hasnt convinced you that battle wear is awesome ;)

I just came from my first woodland game, and there were lots of twigs and thorns, and my gun got really *fruitcage*ed up by it, it's got scratches everywhere.

How do you maintain the external quality of your gun in the field?

I don't. I just let it get thrown around, dropped, tossed, dived on, used as a crutch, whacked, shot it and otherwise normally used. So long as the trigger, mag release, sights and selector switch are intact and working, I don't care about the externals.

Guns are kinda like people. You spend the fist half of your life wanting to look older and the 2nd half wanting to look younger.

When your gun is new you want it to look like it's old and worn.

However, once an airsoft gun actually begins to wear, it never happens tidily.

Bits get loose, threads strip, parts don't fit properly any more and bits start to crack and split.

Haha, i gotta admit i know that scratches can be annoying- I have a long scratch on the barrel of my AICS and that was frustrating at first. But its like scars on your body, u think at first " Dammit that hurts" but later on u come to respect em (And in some cases make up some bad-*albatross* story to show em off)

• 3 weeks later...

*shrugs*

You get use to weapons getting banged up, personally, I like the look.

Whenever I get a new AEG and I pull it out of the box and it has that "New" look..... It almost disgusts me in a way. *laughs*

Your replica is going to get beat up. Just look at every scratch and ding and remember all the good times you've had. ;)

(Also, sorry if this was a necro, I figured a few weeks wouldn't be too bad to bring back a thread)

My AK of two years is absolutely shattered looks wise. The reciever is held together in part by black and nasty tape (courtesy of Team FIST at AG06), and there are scartches and gouges all over it. It has a wooden handgrip, but a plastic stock. So is mismatched like a real one.

I love it.

I say don't worry about it, my P90 has lots of little sctarcthes all over it and i have never had a problem, these little things just make people know that youhave used it well, as scratched it may be but it still does work.

All my guns have those little scratches except my Sig Pro which after the 20th will then probably be a bit scrathced but i still enjoy it.

'FireKnife'

• 1 month later...

imo guns are to shoot enemies out of the game. are they too look nice? reaaaaaaaaaaaly?. ok. maybe a WA or some other expensive gun, but seriuosly, if u were going to have a sidearm anyway, you probably wouldnt spend 200 quid on a gun that can be outshot by a cheaper, less nice version.

if your gun is for looks, leave it at home

Dont worry about nicks and scrathces. They will decrease resale value, but so will opening the box :P Plus, as already stated a bit of battering and bumping makes your gun look cool and worn in. I recently sold an 8 year old AK and it was a good as a weapon like that looks.

One thing that i dont advise is dropping your highcaps in a swap. That doesnt help

Airsoft guns should be used and abused-Thats what the hobby is about. I fugure if your gun is scared up, then that means the player should be a bit scared up too. And Chicks Dig scares... :o

I actually play all my games with my guns in the box. I just cut holes in the box for my finger and for the barrel to poke out of. Then, it is always "brand new in the box!"

As long as it works then don't worry about the looks - a worn in blaster has some character.

When I'm in the safe zone and trying to spot the experienced players, the guys you can trust to kick-*albatross* when the BB start flying, I always look at peoples guns. If they show signs of use and are functional there is a good chance the player will get stuck into the game rather than gingerly hiding behind the first piece of cover they spot and taking long range pot-shots.

Archived