hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Went on through with a battle-worn paintjob today (many thanks to Kojak for the idea) and I'm very happy with it. Here was my progress:

img5319s.th.jpg

img5324e.th.jpg

img5326rc.th.jpg

img5334j.th.jpg

img5335e.th.jpg

img5336p.th.jpg

img5339ei.th.jpg

Take out the foam and chuck it in the fireplace :)

I placed my old one so just the front was actually in the fire, but by accident the flames licked about an inch up along the sides of the can, giving it a pretty cool look.

That looks great...has anyone mastered a way to make Cans looked burned/Blued like RS?

Thanks! For cans and flash hiders I have seen people put matches in them and let them burn.

Edited by Leon Kennedy

Friends Cyma M14 Socom, Montana 94 paint. Totally not what I was going for, but I think it turned out OK. Feeedback?

19082011967.jpg

19082011975.jpg

At least 15k BBs through this particular setup and I haven't changed a thing aside from adding a suppressor. I'm in love.

SPR0.jpgOptic.jpgSPR%252520Stock.jpg

Edited by SteevoLS
  • Like 1

I cant bring myself to take a spray can to any of my guns. Dont have the guts and just know it will come out ###### dont know how you guys do such good jobs.

Edited by jammi

All I did:

1. Rustoleum brown primer - Base coat of everything (gutted the gun, no internals, so I didn't have to mask it off)

2. Krylon OD stripes down the gun

3. Tan stripes (faint) to break up the strong OD stripes

4. Misted the whole thing tan again with netting over the gun to add the slight snakeskin effect

I did this all in about 30 minutes 2 days before a game. Since I didn't let it cure very long, it started wearing quickly.

Friends Cyma M14 Socom, Montana 94 paint. Totally not what I was going for, but I think it turned out OK. Feeedback?

I really like that.

It really reminds me of Rooivalk, was that intentional?

Not at all! I guess I was going for something tigerstripey,b ut that would work both in woodland and dry areas and this is what turned out.

The blue straffs over the tan are really gray paint, dunno why it looks blue on the tan.