G36 Picture Thread

Sorry if I'm too late for some of you, but you can order TSD MP7 sights for $15 from Airsoft GI.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2740

Here are some better pictures of mine:

> [img]

[/img]

-Classic Army G36K base

-SRC G36K RAS unit

-TSD SMG sights

-Faketech 551

-G&P KAC foregrip

-King Arms TangoDown rail covers

370 F.P.S at about 20 rps on an M110 spring and a 10.8v battery in a DBAL-1.

Is the SRC RAS unit of good quality? Nice finish? Sturdy? And all that happy stuff?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If not, there are ways around that.

I know of a couple of businesses that give you a US postal address and then forward the mail to any global address.

Or you could just find a friendly yank forum-dweller and get them to sort it for you. :)

Having just gotten my g36 assembled all the way again I am left with a couple pieces I want to replace, and some questions about those pieces.

Right now it is a mix of JG, CA, and TM parts (with almost no stock gearbox parts), but a couple of the stock pieces have broken and I am not entirely sure what to replace them with.

The most pressing issue is the gas block, which broke where the hopup attaches as is relatively common with the JG model, I know most of the other makers avoid this problem either with better plastic, or metal but I don't know which do what, or if there are other complications. Second is the top rail, which if I remember correctly is also JG (though not actually from my AEG :D ), one of the sights is broken (snapped in half on the Allen bolt), and I find the plastic mildly offensive so I would kinda like to replace it with a higher quality metal one. I would love a KSK rail, but I've read enough to know that isn't happening, at least within my limited price range (though I would like any details on the mods needed to fit a RS one), so I would like to know how the other manufacturers compare. Similarly, though I would be interested in fitting a RS full length stock (assuming it is possible) I probably couldn't afford one atm (though to be fair I haven't actually looked for one), so I would like to know how the AS ones compare. Lastly, I know some of the K RAS units are inaccurate, what is correct?

I'll be posting some pictures of how it looks as soon as I get my camera battery charged, so far I think it's pretty nice.

PS. actually I lied, one more question: What do you recommend for an actual gearbox shell? I've only seen the KA labeled as an actual G36 box, but I gather any V3 will work, is there one significantly better? I'm not worrying so much about it breaking, I'm not running such a high fps that I think that would be an issue, so much as tolerances for extending gear life.

Firstly, to the questions, it fits a small 8.4 battery in the handguard, but it is too tight to fit a flash hider, hence it just kind of ends....

and as to it being ugly, if The Badger wanted to win a beauty contest he would undoubtedly photograph his own.... weapon rather than a hack job still covered in epoxy.... actually his weapon looks alot like that as well so....

he plans to fill in the cracks with moar epoxy, then sand it down and paint it, but that will probably have to wait until he gets bored again....

Firstly, to the questions, it fits a small 8.4 battery in the handguard, but it is too tight to fit a flash hider, hence it just kind of ends....

and as to it being ugly, if The Badger wanted to win a beauty contest he would undoubtedly photograph his own.... weapon rather than a hack job still covered in epoxy.... actually his weapon looks alot like that as well so....

he plans to fill in the cracks with moar epoxy, then sand it down and paint it, but that will probably have to wait until he gets bored again....

I love how he always refers to his self in third person.