Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woah! That is inded a ghetto silencer - god bless San Andreas. Fair play mate, how did you make it?

The best homegrown silencers, for real steel, are apparently made by arranging washers in tube, bizarrely enough. One of my colleagues at work's father goes poaching with a gun of some small calibre ;) and uses a homemade silencer that makes each shot sound like a suppressed fart. It literally whispers, the chap in question has been poaching and modding guns for decades so he knows his onions I guess.

How the hell do spaced washers affect sound??? There's some fancy science in there somewhere. Pics of new toys tomorrow btw, honest. I got drunk and shot my room up with them last night and clean forgot to photograph them at all :lol:

The rifle looks lovely... I also really like the fact tht you painted the mags... it sort of makes it look more custom... like those civ contractors who buy commerial mags with fancy finishes...

Arrived on Tuesday I think, the new-ish HFC metal M712, good old broomhandled Mauser action, almost as good as Han's blaster :D

Bloody heavy too. Mind you I must say it is underperforming when compared to the HFC fmv GBBs, the Dark Hawk and M190 berettas are consistent shooters but this is not delivering every 4th or so shot, and it sounds like it's out of gas but then the next shot works fine. It'll probably smooth out with use as it's never misfired twice in a row.

The metal seems to be the same as the M190s, light grey and with the same sort of texture and feel. Mag is a bit wobbly but I'll 'leccy tape it to death if needs be and it'll be good. It's another fine looking, great feeling fmv from HFC.

And to compliment this retro German handgun I bought a Maruzen Walther PPK as well. Bond is back in vogue in my book, and I've found myself wandering around the house with this one and acting all suave :P Like a right numpty in fact, but hey :D

The PPK: awesome trades, really really good on both sides and the magazine; terrible gas capacity as it won't empty a full mag (20-ish shots) with one fill if you go at any decent pace.

Both display models and plinkers I reckon, but I'm very pleased.

a3PPKMauser.jpg

a4PPKMauser.jpg

And some shots of the PPK in hand because it looks great like that (it's how you actually see it in the Bond films, see?)

a2PPK.jpg

a1PPK.jpg

Not only but also, an SG1 ready for a sniper/support role and my lovely new G-Spec. My first bolt action gun and it is awesome, just beautifully made and well presented in the box too. It whispers!! I couldn't believe how quiet it was without the silencer, but with it attached it's almost unfair!

a5G3G-Spec.jpg

a6G3G-Spec.jpg

Please pardon the over-reflective police patches, I couldn't check the pics very well and I get home too late to use natural light! Curse that flash, but hey.

Why thank 'ee kind sirs.

Btw snip3r; your on the Isle of Widget eh? How's the airsoft over there?!! Do you come across to Pompey and play at Combat South or something like that? I didn't think there were any sites on the Island... :unsure: