1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Western Arms SCW3 Punisher 1911's

From the 2004 movie, personalised to suit me ;)

I finally got around to making a second one.......

SCW3 uppers, SCW2 lowers

Metal slides and frames fitted.

Prog 4 GCS cancellation unit installed.

I'm not a big fan of magwells/bumpered mags, so I chose to omit those.

To put a bit more bling back I added silver grip screws and mag catches.

Usual internal tweaks as necessary.

Colt rubber grips.

Pun21.jpg

Pun22.jpg

well i ordered some RS grips for my 1911 variants, and the first couple of sets turned up today, ive got another couple coming from the US, so they'll be a little while,

Fit was easy peasy, no modding required, chequered walnut and hogue wraparounds,both completely stock TM frames,

p1000507h.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1000506f.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

im pleased, what'd you think?

those two sets were from here http://www.valmontfirearms.co.uk/LBPistols.html , really nice guy, had a long old chat with him, worth phoning before you order, stock changes quicker than he can adjust the website though.

Edit, guys name is Daniel, :)

Edited by Jimmypie

God, that's how they make handguns legal here? I'd never actually seen it before now... I'm not even a 12 bore fan, but I'd rather stick to shotguns. Oh well. :unsure:

I think MidwayUK probably still stocks a wider range of grips, but cheers for the link mate. You can never have enough bookmarks in this game!

midway is good, but shipping/ carriage can be expensive for small items, and i was impatient :)

Also, i like dealing with small independant companys, service is usually better, and with a few minutes on the phone, theres always a deal to be done ;)

Edited by Jimmypie

My latest project completed...

DSCF6531.jpg

ColtRIS1.jpg

A TM 1911a1 slide with a TM Desert Warrior frame. Ive customized the RIS and made bullet chin cuts and filed front cocking serrations, fitted a SPD guide rod and plug, custom thumb safety, TM Night Warrior chromed outer barrel, TSC magwell/MSH, customized TM 5.1 trigger, TM 5.1 grip safety, homemade Mahogany grips and fitted Freedom Art rear sights but im working on fitting the TM Night Warrior rear sights as they look better. I unfortunately spray painted it during a damp day and it affected the finish of the frame.

Thanks. How durable do you find the finish? Do you skirmish with them?

Yep I skirmish with all my pistols on rotation so to speak, I have so many :rolleyes:

The finish is quiet durable if as I say you use the clear laquer as a top coat but otherwise it wears quicker than a WE paint finish ;)

You will obviously get holster wear eventually etc even with the laquer finish but after all you can always re-coat.