New Products from Tokyo Marui...

RacingManiac

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The L96 parts pic shows some clue.

- Metal trigger house that looks similar to the VSR.

- Metal handle boss which looks exactly like a VSR or an APS2 one.

- A ring that looks exactly like the hopup setting ring on the APS96 hopup (it may be, of couse, a similar part for different purposes).

- Metal cylinder guide rod that looks exactly like a VSR one.

- Some tiny parts look like a normal 45 degree VSR trigger sears.

- There is a small cut on the outer barrel that looks like a BB entrance. It is very very close to the receiver, which may sugget is is a short stroke cylinder, but the actual cylinder on the pic looks like a normal length one. Weird.

Do I see a small cut in the hopup chamber thingy just like the ones that are needed for a VSR style hopup rubber.

Add to that all metal construction - this one is a winner from Marui!

B.

Seems that the 5-7 slide has a metal "eskeleton".

The text mentioned something about metal parts to help wear. I am guessing it has to do with the fact that the whole barrel seems to be used for recoil guide.

I wonder if that gun has special inner barrel...since I'd imagine the outer barrel would pretty much be like a thin sleeve....if it has an outer barrel at all....the RS Five-seveN's barrel looks pretty thin for the 5.7mm round...

The text mentioned something about metal parts to help wear. I am guessing it has to do with the fact that the whole barrel seems to be used for recoil guide.

I wonder if that gun has special inner barrel...since I'd imagine the outer barrel would pretty much be like a thin sleeve....if it has an outer barrel at all....the RS Five-seveN's barrel looks pretty thin for the 5.7mm round...

I would not be suprised if the inner barrel was not the outer barrel as well!

I have a feeling that while the hop unit itself will be the same, that there will be some barrel cutouts to enable the barrel to be clamped firmly into the barrel housing/hop-housing.

Damn.. even on slow mo, that slide moves so far back (in relation to the barrel) and the angle is wrong to look down it (front and rear) in the video.

This could prove problematic (if my theory is correct) if people want to put silencers on it, as a threaded inner barrel would need to be made, rather than an outer barrel.

Question - does the real 5-7 take a silencer anyway?

I guess that the L96 magazine feeding from the front, must perhaps have a mechanism similar to my old KTW M37 spring shotgun. It has an internal tube that holds pellets between the hop and magazine. Very similar to the feed tube in an AEG. However, no pellets fall back out when the mag is removed (unlike an AEG). I could be way off though :unsure: .

Shinden : what did you mean "bolt attachment included"?

Good Hunting ;)

Interesting.

I'm actually quite intrigued by the "new" (get me a can of krylon and I could do that) Vsr's. Mostly because it might whip the aftermarket companies to start knocking out some of their products again!

Also interested in the M9's because those are some of Mauri's oldest GBB's right? Its a shame they haven't decided to put adjustable hop in them!

And in a thread with so much new I'm going to completely go against the part of me that hates all the "oh look new armalite" threads and say I really like the 933!!!

Probably ought to get some sleep, there must be something wrong with me!

Wings :detective2:

EDIT: Just noticed something I missed before: Ignore all the above because if they are redoing the Pythons, and actually making them work this time (probably not though) then that's all that matters in this world

Hmm, from what I can see from here the sears look exactly like the VSR sears. They aren't grouped together though, which is stupid.

I'm not seeing a cylinder head either. I'm looking at the picture and trying to figure out how it goes together. I can't figure out what some of these pieces are. help me out here. I think I see:

Spring guide

little trigger safety

Spring guide stopper

Trigger sear

Piston sear

Hop unit

maybe the mag catch?

and a ton of little parts that look important...

Ah, what I want to know most of all i how they did that crazy mag...

PDI X-Fire has put up thier version of the SHIZUOKA Hobby Show report

L96 AWS Review

To elaborate on the L96, the Cylinder, Piston Head, and internal parts of the Cylinder excluding the spring are of smaller dimensions. The inner barrel and parts are related to the VSR-10. All good areas of the VSR-10 is incorperated into the design of the L96. The magazine was made possible by using a sliding arm follower, which pushes the BB out from the front of the magazine, then carry the BB into the loading chamber. This is what Tokyo Marui calls as the "realistic magazine", as in real guns, the bolt pushes a BB into the chamber. The trigger pull can also be adjusted to the user as well. The pull of the bolt and trigger are both smooth and crisp. The bull barrel can also accomodate a GSPEC type silencer.

AK102/AKS74 and M4 Parts

To elaborate on the PEQ 16, it is a battery pack designed to hold a 8.4 Mini Standard Battery. The PEQ16 has a special elongating part which makes the PEQ16 longer to fit a slightly larger battery.

FN Five Seven (5-7)

Archived