• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so:

- VFC steel outer barrel and flash hider

- EBB mk18 RIS II, grade A version

- Vltor steel gas block

- G&P Troy front and rear folding battle sight

- KA upper /colt/ and lower /STAG ARMS/ with steel charging handle and mag catch

- G&P pistol grip

- enhanced trigger guard

- VFC stock tube

- Magpul CTR /fde/

- EBB SpecterDR /de/

About specter, fantastic piece of kit. Excellent eye relief, adjustment works fine. I've had TA31 4x with Docter and I thought it was unbeatable. I was wrong. Definitely worth the money!

The DE paint looked a little sketchy from EBB's pics -- how does it fair in real life?

I still havent taken time to order new stuff for my AR although I do have the money. Can't really decide whether to go with a std 7" KAC or some kind of longer FF :unsure:

But I have done something new, can you handle the customness of my awesome stippling-skills?! :P

stipp2.jpg

It's a WE. Have'nt used it in a game yet, planning to do so this weekend ;) Guess I should'nt get my hopes up..

It looks nice without any cheese graters on it yet.

Best of luck with your skirmish! My WE is like the worlds worst girlfriend; I buy her all kinds of nice shiny things and she lets me down every other weekend.

Lube reference removed.

They've got them in stock at LandWarrior, looks a lot like the wires run into the gearbox from the hop unit and are powered off the AEG battery; apparently they're good for up to 15 rounds a second, but the idea of having a gearbox attached to the hop unit sounds like an absolute nightmare for maintenance purposes.

Needs to be bigger.

On a serious note I wasnt going to bother fitting the sun shade but thought *fruitcage* it theres enough room for it on there. =D

I'll probably take it off again when I actually get round to using it tho.

Edited by -Drake-

Hey guys. Its been a while. Havent gone airsofting in at least two months now that my AEG is really FUBARed. Thought Id share some of the latest photos I took for some people here.

I currently have everything on my AR and do not want to strip it all down and move to my AEG for a photo! Pretty much the same setup as last time though Ive replaced the Asian torch with another Surefire. A mix and match on the rail covers has yielded additional comfort as well as consistency. I'd recommend the cover setup to anyone running large diameter rail systems.

The only Asian part now is the magnifier. Aside from a little wiggle in the flip-to-side mount, it has worked very well. The EOTech removes quickly and can be replaced by a scope that fits fine with the magnifier to the side. Best for the range though - airsoft just does not seem to necessitate scopes.

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

Cheers.

ETA: Probably wont get back into airsoft until I can replace my failing AEG with a reliable GBB. Something else fails when I fix the last problem. Definitely miss it though. These *fruitcage*in things are $2500 paper weights 98% of the time.

Edited by QDRenegade

big grain steelwool to start with, then finer stuff, some six hours time, and a whole lot of elbowgrease !!

Worked out better then I thought, no sanding marks, just plain awesome !! :) I works even better in conjunction with some aceton. just being patient helps a lot to !

They've got them in stock at LandWarrior, looks a lot like the wires run into the gearbox from the hop unit and are powered off the AEG battery; apparently they're good for up to 15 rounds a second, but the idea of having a gearbox attached to the hop unit sounds like an absolute nightmare for maintenance purposes.

They aren't wired to the gearbox.There are 8 micro blue LED's and they are meant to run off of 9volt batteries and can be detached via a plastic connector. Alot of the guys I play with have them and most people get a small PEQ box with a 9 volt inside and wire it to that. You could also fit them in a stock or handguard, but a PEQ box like a PEQ 15 replica seems to be the most common and easiest method. The unit works really well though. It is super bright, so there is alot of light leakage with no mag in. But other then that it's great. Alot better then some of the half *albatross* ghetto HUTU mods.

The new madbull hop unit? I've been wondering what sort of method they've used for battery storage in that setup, any pics detailing that?

Its not the madbull one, this is a custom job with an led light inside the hop up chamber and it runs off the main weapon's battery. It also has a switch to turn it on/off.