Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

You keep on playing your three-dimensional games of navigation with devices intended for word processors, I'll keep on playing my three-dimensional games of navigation with devices intended for three-dimensional navigation.

Deal?

:P

QFT.

Keyboards and mice were not designed for gaming. Joysticks and buttons were. Can't stand it whenever my roommate insists otherwise (I think that argument is so universal, seems everyone I know is split over it :P)

As for a mouse being more sensitive and able to move more quickly, one is able to adjust the sensitivity on a controller just as easily. Being able to use a controller that sensitive is where skill comes into play.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is it that pilots fly their aircraft, again?

With mouse and keyboard? tongue.gif

I thought it was always was with a

double_yolk_2.jpg

and

main_photo_newproducts_full_throttl.jpg

:P

Some games I like to use a joy stick and others I like to use a keyboard and mouse.

This game does look good and it's nice the AC 130 is more 'involved' in the game rather then the first. |:

im still umming and aahing about the premium edition with the night vision goggles, im really not sure if they are going to be worth the extra. I know they arnt going to be the highest quality but they might be a bit of fun......

I think that's gona start something. What I dont know but I'm sure those nightvision goggles are gona take up alot of cyberspace on Ebay and many airsoft night game loadouts.... I'm getting one :D ....

I think that's gona start something. What I dont know but I'm sure those nightvision goggles are gona take up alot of cyberspace on Ebay and many airsoft night game loadouts.... I'm getting one :D ....

Aren't you in the US Army? They have an array of IR LEDs on them, so if two people on opposite teams are using them it will be like looking at someone with a headtorch on... Completely pointless.

Aren't you in the US Army? They have an array of IR LEDs on them, so if two people on opposite teams are using them it will be like looking at someone with a headtorch on... Completely pointless.

I didnt say they'll be hugely useful/effective, but when has that stopped airsofters from adopting other items in the past... *points to highcaps, G&G UMG, TOP M249, V2 Mechbox, PTW ect.) And anyway, I have a suspicion that these "goggles" are going to be green tinted binoculars with LED flashlights.... but one can always dream of something being cheap/useful.... :P

im still umming and aahing about the premium edition with the night vision goggles, im really not sure if they are going to be worth the extra. I know they arnt going to be the highest quality but they might be a bit of fun......

tell you what, you can get ACTUAL NVDevices on ebay (with tubes and phosphor and all that) for less than the price of the "prestige edition" which i can guarantee will be at least three or four million times more effective. guaranteed

I might try them out at a night game for kicks and giggles, but would need to configure some kind of eye pro to wear under them. But its just a toy and really a collector piece for me, I can't wait to put them in my office.

Game play footage looks pretty good, IW developed a new engine for this game to allow for larger maps which was one of my complaints in COD4 so looks like they addressed that. Graphics look really good also from the demo.

It shouldn't be hard for this game to blow Bad Company 2 out of the water, which is also set to release 4th Q 2009. Bad Company 1 was a major disappointment for fans of the Battlefield series. Infinity Ward for the win.

Navy Seals, Delta Force, SAS & CIA also confirmed in Modern Warfare 2.

Kinda strange but I was watching Tears of the Sun on a plane today and I noticed this:

Picture5.png

Modernwarfare247_09_1920x1200.jpg

The first one is the character Kelly Lake from TotS and the second is Cpt. Mactavish from COD4. Possible inspiration for the character's looks?

Aside from the hair style and skin color they look nothing alike.

Different Eyebrows, Different chin, Different lips, Different eye color, Different nose, Different ears, Different cheekbone structure, Different forehead.

Aside from the hair style and skin color they look nothing alike.

Different Eyebrows, Different chin, Different lips, Different eye color, Different nose, Different ears, Different cheekbone structure, Different forehead.

IDK they kinda look similar, not a perfect digitized version of the actor but I think there was some definite inspiration.

Soap wears ACU and uses an M4 with Bushmaster markings? Wha?

Yeah, this is definitely not what I thought soap looked like, he looks like a douche. He's Captain? I thought he was a grunt, enlisted? How can you go from Sergeant to Captain "in a few years."

Is that a render or a hybrid render/photograph? That weapon model looks amazingly realistic, almost too realistic. Yeah, it's a Bushmaster, and it isn't select fire: it looks like someone's (civilian) rifle.

Yeah, this is definitely not what I thought soap looked like, he looks like a douche. He's Captain? I thought he was a grunt, enlisted? How can you go from Sergeant to Captain "in a few years."

Is that a render or a hybrid render/photograph? That weapon model looks amazingly realistic, almost too realistic. Yeah, it's a Bushmaster, and it isn't select fire: it looks like someone's (civilian) rifle.

I got it from here:

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Soap

I think it's a painting/drawing that'll be in that included art book with the higher editions of the game. This I'm pretty sure is an in game render though:

SoapMcTavishMohawk.png

Whatever it is the detail is amazing.

Looking at the gloves though it really seems like a photograph, especially the right hand plus the Surefire and the Magpul rail cover.

Like you said, it's almost too realistic which makes me think it isn't a drawing.

Chimpy will know, he's in the industry.

The haircut goes back to the US paratroopers in WW2, who were inspired by the native americans. I dare say its included to make him look "badass".

Liking that screen shot, its nice he took the time to wear a big SAS patch, just so everyone knows how l33t he is.

Archived