• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using the Burris Fastfire on the MP7. Looks like the Doctor sight except it has a manual on/off switch.

Question for you guys. Does the MP7 come with any BB loading tool? Mine doesn't. The instructions also doesn't seem to indicate it. I'm asking because the standard BB loader won't fit the mag. I'm going to try using my KSC USP BB loading tool tonight. See if it works.

Been backyard plinking with it. Won't be skirmishing until extra mags come, but man... it's LOUD. Louder than the WE M4 in fact. The ROF on Green Gas is also very high. Blowback is very mild but can still be felt.

Overall, I'm a very satisfied customer. :)

Edited by jesTer
1, Paragraph 7, post #81.

2, I don't know. Is that good enough for a primary?

Greg.

I would say it was good enough for a primary on sat a cqb site or a smallish site. But anything thing bigger and it would make a very good backup to a sniper.

My main setup at the moment. Is WE GBB SCAR as primary, KSC GBB MP7 as secondrey, TM GBB SIG P226 and a TM Hi-Capa Extreme. Somethings I drop the WE SCAR and just go out on MP7.

Okey-dokey, skirmished it on Saturday at Elite urban Epsom.

It's around 12 degrees C down there & they have a 300fps limit.

Any one who has been, will know that it is a very tight bunker complex, max range tends to be 20m & most corridors are less than 10' wide. So, on the whole, very close, fast reactions, speed & maneuverability are key.

I figured this would be the perfect playground for the KSC MP7. I was right.

My normal choice down there is a P90 or Marui MP7, both of which are virtually silent & have much larger mag capacities than the KSC. But the noisy locap proved to be very successful.

The first thing that hit you, was how loud this is. Particularly in this environment. It echoed round the corridors & it possibly the loudest thing I have ever heard down there other than grenades.

Also due to the low temp, each shot produced a small cloud of condensing propane from both the muzzle & ejection port. This along with the 'BANG' kind of added a new dimension to airsofting. One which I found quite exciting. Full auto bursts meant the cloud blurred the target for a split second adding to the already atmospheric conditions that Epsom is famous for. I managed to empty a whole 20 rnd mag, in one burst, no slow down or aparent loss of range, even in Epsom's cold corridors. Very intense.

Along with the emotional benefits, this little gun proved a very efficient death dealer. No trigger lag (like you get on even the most well fettled, mosfetted aegs) meant for the kind of instant justice, normally reserved for GBB pistols. Accuracy was never in question, one of the interested marshals hit a 2x3" target at about 7m first shot. & rof was intimidating enough.

A very satisfying 'Bang, ah! hit', usually accompanied by a bit of a jump from the target, due to the startling noise. In a few cases, this gave you enough time for a follow up shot, on the rare occasion of a miss.

Due to the low mag cap, I elected semi, to start off with, but soon gained the confidence to go auto.The games at epsom are typically short (less than 45 mins) & the opposing team of 9 players meant that I never had to load the third mag.

Speaking of which, mag changing is a joy. Nice positive release & mag replacement & then hitting the bolt release was such fun. As was slapping a mag in & pulling the bolt catch exiting the safe zone at the start of each game. :D

I had originally intended to use this gun for just one game but ended up hanging on to it for almost all of the day. The last game was an all out blat fest where a hose is seen as essential. I swapped back to the P90 & went through about 1500 rnds during an hour & a half but really wished I hung onto the '7' to see how I'd have done.

While using the 7 in this arena, I never felt out gunned. Facing 600rnd AKs etc was no problem. My kill rate was the same as if I was on an AEG, my bb:kill ratio sored & my final bb bill fell. Granted I had to pay for gas but not as much as I thought. It was about the same as the KSC Glocks.

Now the REAL IMPORTANT bit. The GRIN-FACTOR.

How I performed with this gun, was as per any other. How I felt, was another thing: GREAT! The pride of taking on larger cap guns, the functioning load mech, the extra noise, the instant trigger & the puff of mist, all added to a feel good factor, that I have never had before. The nearest, has been using a pump action springer in the same environment but that doesn't really come close.

I felt this would be a change & a bit of a laugh for just one game. Instead the '7' is now my Epsom primary. Believe me this is high accolade as I've been using various guns down there, since just after it opened & over the years, had settled on the P90 as the perfect Epsom gun.

I can see this type of weapon becoming very popular at places like Epsom. Obviously this depends on your preferred style of play but I was pleasantly surprised & can't wait to give it another go. Wednesday in fact. :D

Greg.

Edited by greg
*SNIP*

My main setup at the moment. Is WE GBB SCAR as primary, KSC GBB MP7 as secondrey, TM GBB SIG P226 and a TM Hi-Capa Extreme. Somethings I drop the WE SCAR and just go out on MP7.

For some reason that sentance makes me want to hate you. I can't for the life of me figure out why :P

It doesn't come with a loader but you don't need any. Lock down the feeder and dump the in straight from your BB bottle.

As for the optic, I tried my M4s Micro T-1 with the low mount (obviously) and it co-wittnesses perfectly with the pistol sights. You cannot use the rifle sights anymore though.